Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Gary Payton:"There is a big difference in Kobe and Wade's work ethic"

Link

“The pressure is on Dwyane, LeBron (James) and Chris (Bosh) to show it was worth all the trouble of getting them together,” he said. “I’ve played with Dwyane and it’s no knock on him but if you compare him with Kobe (Bryant), there’s a big difference in their work ethic. I played with Kobe, too, and he’d be more from my era. Kobe knows how to be humble. If Kobe loses a game, you’ll see him the next day in the gym, working extra hard to make sure he’ll be better. I don’t know if it’s the same with Dwyane. They’re both great players but Dwyane is more the show type. There are high expectations for the Heat. It’s up to the Big Three to show they deserve to be up there with the best.”
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    The Glove speaking some truth

It's nice to be complimented by all-time greats...

vCash
    true

vCash
    yes!!!

vCash
    I know its a compliment to kobe but does it really matter? Wade's extremely skilled as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    I know its a compliment to kobe but does it really matter? Wade's extremely skilled as well.
    Yeah but he's complimenting work ethic, not skill.

Kobe is perhaps the hardest worker in the league and it's not a secret. Every coach, player, teammate who knows Kobe has said it.

I'm pretty sure Wade has great work ethic as well since you don't become a great player without it.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    Of course it does. Skill without hard work doesn't translate to anything in this league.

vCash
    thanks a million GP. now if you would have played an ounce of defense in '04 or not throw a hissy fit every time you dont touch the ball down the court because "the Glove aint gettin no love," then all of a sudden accept a "supporting" role in miami the next year and win a championship, then i would actually listen to whatever comes out of your mouth

vCash
    I think the biggest difference between the two are everything Kobe has earn on the hardwood was and is EARNED. Watch the punishment he takes in regular season as well as playoff vs constant favorable calls other stars get .Dont look at stats, watch the games. Then go back and watch Wades finals vs the Mavs and it'll piss any none Heat fan off. Im glad the Glove spoke some truth on work ethic, though he could have said more, but than that would put his ring in question.
    Last edited by Law25; 08-27-2010 at 07:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    Yeah but he's complimenting work ethic, not skill.

Kobe is perhaps the hardest worker in the league and it's not a secret. Every coach, player, teammate who knows Kobe has said it.

I'm pretty sure Wade has great work ethic as well since you don't become a great player without it.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    Of course it does. Skill without hard work doesn't translate to anything in this league.

I know all that and I agree, you guys don't have to explain how hard work pays off to me. Don't get my statement wrong, all I was saying is that "Why does it matter so much to Payton that he had to put it on blast?" Sounds like he's just trying to get some attention or stir the pot.

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    The Glove speaking some truth

It's nice to be complimented by all-time greats...

vCash
    Kobe's work ethic is unparalleled. But I'm sure that dwade works pretty hard too. Wonder why the glove came out with this all of a sudden?
    "Tittays"

vCash
    He could also be unintentionally implying that Wade is the better physical talent. As in, Kobe is Kobe because of his work ethic and skill set- and the fact that Wade is even close to Kobe is a testament to his physical gifts?

vCash

Exclamation No glove love

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMambaKB24 View Post
    because "the Glove aint gettin no love"

vCash
    Payton always loves to talk...

It is going to be great to play with him and Shawn Kemp in the upcoming NBA 2K11 though... that old squad was serious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast