Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    so do you all think of Votto being hesitant to re sign?

vCash
    It kind of surprises me to be honest. With Votto's problems he has had a smaller market team like the Reds should be a perfect fit for him. Unless he is wanting to go back to Canada and play for the Blue Jays. I just don't see Votto being very confy playing on a big market team.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    He's in no hurry because he has 3 years to decide what he wants to do...i'd love him to sign a long term deal with the Reds...but don't blame him for getting the most out of the situation...

vCash
    yea he's kind of a private guy, i dont see him wanting to play for a big market team... but money talks! no matter what people say.

vCash
    Happy Holidays to all of you and your familys!!!!

vCash
    You too brownie,,, Ive always enjoyed reading your posts.... Merry Christmas.

vCash
    Thanks!!!!

vCash
    yea i hope you all had a merry christmas!

and have a happy new year!

vCash
    I'm annoyed that the guys on MLB Network are already basically crowning the Cards/Brewers and giving the Cubs lots of love (especially after the Garza trade) but no love for the Reds. Oh well I guess no one picked the Reds last year besides Aaron Boone and we all know the outcome of last season.

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    I'm annoyed that the guys on MLB Network are already basically crowning the Cards/Brewers and giving the Cubs lots of love (especially after the Garza trade) but no love for the Reds. Oh well I guess no one picked the Reds last year besides Aaron Boone and we all know the outcome of last season.
    It's almost as if these analysts see all these divisional moves as a way to get that much better than the Reds. I see them as moves that are trying to catch the Reds. I look at it like this, the Cubs finished 16 games behind the Reds, will Garza win 16 games for them? Maybe. The Brewers finished 14 games behind the Reds, so they're hoping Greinke will cover that spread. The Cardinals finished 5 games back, Westbrook and Berkman will likely close that gap. Of course all of that assumes that the youthful Reds don't get better. Personally, I like to think the Reds have only just scratched the surface of their potential. Bottom line, every team in the NL Central is trying to catch the Reds, for some reason many of these so called MLB analysts don't see it that way.

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    so do you all think of Votto being hesitant to re sign?
    I think Votto likes playing for Cincy, but I believe his dream job is with the Toronto Blue Jays. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually ends up there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    It's almost as if these analysts see all these divisional moves as a way to get that much better than the Reds. I see them as moves that are trying to catch the Reds. I look at it like this, the Cubs finished 16 games behind the Reds, will Garza win 16 games for them? Maybe. The Brewers finished 14 games behind the Reds, so they're hoping Greinke will cover that spread. The Cardinals finished 5 games back, Westbrook and Berkman will likely close that gap. Of course all of that assumes that the youthful Reds don't get better. Personally, I like to think the Reds have only just scratched the surface of their potential. Bottom line, every team in the NL Central is trying to catch the Reds, for some reason many of these so called MLB analysts don't see it that way.

This is a great post. Well said sir.

Kinsm is offline Kick'em when they're down
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post

It assumes the Reds continue to win 75% of their games against the NL central....many of whom have become better. Losing a game against a divisional opponent is an entire game in the standings.

vCash
    Here's a link to a cool article courtesy of Cincinnati.com (Enquirer) about the 10 most lopsided trades in the Reds favor. Lots of good ones in there, and be sure to check out some of the readers posts near the bottom. Those folks listed a few more good ones.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...he-reds-favor/

As a fan of Reds history, I really liked the more current picture of Jim Maloney, Bob Purkey, Joey Jay, and Jim O'Toole standing together. I've never seen that picture before. It's nice to see some of the old timers from the 1961 NL Championship team posing in the same picture all these years later. That's arguably the best Starting rotation the Reds have ever had. Although Maloney didn't really prove his worth until the mid to late 60's.

vCash
    Thanks for the link, Great article!!!

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast