Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Ha, ya get your fiddle out when Latos era goes up 1.5 and Yonder is hitting .310. Hope it works out but be prepared for the fire sale.
    yea Yonder hitting .310 on Cincinnati's bench would really help us.

vCash

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    yes, nothing special. he only hit .256 and had 158 strikeouts. just because you hit a lot of HR doesn't mean your a good player. if you could go back to when Jay was in triple A, would you not trade him? i would in a heart beat.
    your amazing... I was just pointing out that Jay is very comparable to some great players at the same stage of their career. And you want to go back in time and trade him. Wow, I bet your fantacy team sucks. And by the way, if you hit alot of home runs and have alot of rbi's, your a good player.

vCash
    a lot more stats than just HR and RBI

vCash
    Intentional Walks

vCash
    I don't know why you even waste your time jlohm.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    a lot more stats than just HR and RBI
    Yes your right. Im just pointing out the very impressive ones. He will hopefully improve on the stats that need improving. That will make him a great player. You have to admit, he hits for power, drives in runs, hits in a tough spot in the order (not protected), plays good defense, and has a hell of an arm. HMMMMMM special.

Kinsm is offline Kick'em when they're down
    vCash
    Why would anyone want to trade Jay Bruce? He's the 2nd best hitter on this team. If he takes the one quarter of a season last year where he was a beast and translates that into a full year - hell even half a year - he's an mvp candidate.

From April 25th to June 8th last year (40 games) he hit .331 / .403 / .682 (OPS of 1.085).

And there is no reason to believe he can't put it all together - outside of 1 month in 2010 he had a .308 BA that year (July 3rd to August 7th).
    Last edited by Kinsm; 01-25-2012 at 02:51 AM.

vCash
    His .814 OPS last year ranked 26th in the NL (amongst quaifiers). Should the Marins trade Mike Stanton?

"Nothing special" players don't get 50 milion dollar contracts when they were only 23 years old.
    Last edited by Kinsm; 01-25-2012 at 02:34 AM.

vCash
    He's decent but he's no superstar. His value to the team is far below what they could have hauled in a trade when he was in AAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    He's decent but he's no superstar. His value to the team is far below what they could have hauled in a trade when he was in AAA.
    Top 30 offensive player in the league = star.

Via baseball reference - the most simiar players via age are Reggie Jackson and Barry Bonds.

Some of you people are very strange.
    Last edited by Kinsm; 01-25-2012 at 02:56 AM.

vCash
    Top 30 offensive player doesn't make you a star. I said he was good but he's not a SUPERstar.

He was once similar to Wily Mo Pena so that doesn't say much. The similar players thing is just a hey this is kinda cool thing but it's nothing to judge a player by. When Jay Bruce is in the HoF I'll give you an all expenses paid trip to see that.

vCash
    I don't get some of you guys. I guess Joey Votto is "kinda special"??????

Look, if you want to go back in time, I would say that his market value would be similar to Yonder (#1 prospect). Yonder was part of a deal that got us Latos. Latos is sub .500 in wins with a good ERA in Petco Park. But it took Volquez and Grandle to complete the trade. A prospect in AAA staight up would maybe get you what.... A good middle relief guy? You would go back in time for that. Look nobody put him in the superstar category. In my opinion Votto isn't there yet (just because I think you have to prove stardum over and over, and he will). So not Superstar.... Star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    I don't know why you even waste your time jlohm.
    Hey lighten up Cleveland... Just true fans here speaking their peace. He is not wasting his time. This is why we get on here and do what we do. For a few minutes out of the day we all think we are GM's or Managers and tell how we would do things. I look forward to reading other fans view. You can agree to disagree, but its not a waste of time.

vCash
    I think I get what jlohm1 is saying about Bruce. Its' not that the guy is without talent, but there have been countless players at the major league level with the same potential who never lived up to the hype. I remember hearing the same kind of talk about Austin Kearns. Bruce is special in the sense that he has the tools to be very successful, but he hasn't fully lived up to that potential. He needs to find a level consistency throughout the season. So it's hard to say that he is truly a special player just yet, really good though. Definitely not a star.

Bruce's HR and RBI totals have went up each of the last four seasons, so he is getting better in those areas. However, his batting average needs to improve. We have seen a drastic variance in that category from year-to-year. At the plate Bruce looks a lot like Ryan Ludwick from 2007-2010, and nobody is saying that he is special or a star for that matter. That said, where Bruce excels is with his defense, it sets him apart from players like Ludwick.

As far as trading Bruce when he was in AAA. I can't answer that, depends on who I get in return. Nobody is untradable.

Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast