Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    I dont get why FSN Ohio has the Reds game supposed to be on TV but some lame fishing shows on.
    Speaking of FSN. I'm really hoping that every game is broadcast in HD this year. Last year about 90% (rough estimate) were shown in HD, and I still don't understand why the remaining 10% were not. There's nothing worse than watching 10 games in a row in HD then all of sudden one game is only being broadcast in fuzzy vision. I can't believe I actually watched fuzzy vision for all those years and liked it, no wonder I need glasses.

I know ESPN is going to broadcast a few Reds games this year, I wonder if any of them will be in 3d? That would be awesome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Let's face it that happens every game. I always see people wh couldn't name 5 players on the team and people who don't pay attention to any of the game. That's just part of the way it is an always will be. Theres not much anyone can do about it. As long as someone has money to buy tickets the Reds or any team for that matter could care less.
    Last year, the first game I went to in April there was a guy a couple rows that literally said to his buddy, "I can't wait to see my man JJ Hardy hit tonight. I bet he'll hit a homer." JJ was traded to the Twins in the offseason before last season.

There's so many people that have no clue. The girls that get excited when someone hits the ball foul and they get confused why the batter stopped running or didn't run. There's countless laughter you can enjoy at a baseball game just by paying attention to the fans around you.

›››››››››››››››››››|MY GFX GALLERY|‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    I'm not saying that scalpers should charge less...I'm saying that scalpers should not exist...there aren't too many things that are wrong with sports or baseball in general, and even fewer that push my hot buttons...but scalpers are the scum of the sports earth!
    Presenting the greatest announcing duo to grace the baseball world!

vCash
    i pretty much always buy my tickets from scalpers! i get really good deals all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    Speaking of FSN. I'm really hoping that every game is broadcast in HD this year. Last year about 90% (rough estimate) were shown in HD, and I still don't understand why the remaining 10% were not. There's nothing worse than watching 10 games in a row in HD then all of sudden one game is only being broadcast in fuzzy vision. I can't believe I actually watched fuzzy vision for all those years and liked it, no wonder I need glasses.

I know ESPN is going to broadcast a few Reds games this year, I wonder if any of them will be in 3d? That would be awesome!

all the games that were shown on TV were also showed on FSN's HD channel. i have Time Warner and its channel 1309 (i think)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    i pretty much always buy my tickets from scalpers! i get really good deals all the time.
    I guess I've only tried twice...once on opening day...ended up in hooters and watched it there...and another time, thought we were getting good seats in Riverfront...which they were...they were playing the pirates...only problem is that we paid 15 bucks over face...vowed to never buy from scalpers again...question for you...when do you buy your tickets...at about game time...if that's the case...I don't like missing any of the game, nor do i like having to get up for someone to get through to their seat for the first time in the second or third inning...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    all the games that were shown on TV were also showed on FSN's HD channel. i have Time Warner and its channel 1309 (i think)
    There were definitely a handful games (not many) last year that were not shown on 1309 FSN HD. They were only shown on 29 FSN basic. It could have been an issue with the signal either from Time Warner or from the stadium, but I recall watching a few games in fuzzy vision last year. That being said, it was probably only 5 or 6 games out of 162, but just enough to aggravate me. Whatever and whoever was responsible for the issue I just hope they get it fixed this year. Once you get used to HD it's incredibly hard to watch low def TV anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    There were definitely a handful games (not many) last year that were not shown on 1309 FSN HD. They were only shown on 29 FSN basic. It could have been an issue with the signal either from Time Warner or from the stadium, but I recall watching a few games in fuzzy vision last year. That being said, it was probably only 5 or 6 games out of 162, but just enough to aggravate me. Whatever and whoever was responsible for the issue I just hope they get it fixed this year. Once you get used to HD it's incredibly hard to watch low def TV anymore.

FS Wisconsin has the HD channel but very few of the Brewers games are actually shot with HD cameras and produced in HD. The fuzzy picture is due to it not being HD. You might have also noticed that the HD games are in full widescreen and the ones not have the black bar with the FS logo on the sides. The Bucks games just went to full widescreen HD so I'm hopeful the Brewers aren't too far behind that. If you look at the Reds schedule it will tell you what games are in HD.

›››››››››››››››››››|MY GFX GALLERY|‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic19 View Post
    I guess I've only tried twice...once on opening day...ended up in hooters and watched it there...and another time, thought we were getting good seats in Riverfront...which they were...they were playing the pirates...only problem is that we paid 15 bucks over face...vowed to never buy from scalpers again...question for you...when do you buy your tickets...at about game time...if that's the case...I don't like missing any of the game, nor do i like having to get up for someone to get through to their seat for the first time in the second or third inning...
    whats wrong with Hooters!!!

and i think we've only bought tickets in advance once. and that was when a lot of my extended family came down for a game. i pretty much always buy them from scalpers. however i never pay more than face value, or even face value for them. one game last year they kept trying to sell me $5 for $10 when i went with one of my buddies. we ended up buying 2 $35 for $22.50 each.

vCash
    nothings wrong with hooters...just really would rather be in the park...to each his own...i'm sticking with my vow...scalpers have never been the route to go for me...i like to be in the park when the gates open and they are still selling way over face then...no thanks!

vCash
    my dad's a lot better with scalpers than i am. he always just makes a really low offer, and then they take it. but when i try it they never want to do it. i guess its because im young. idk.

vCash
    I can't go to any games this summer. Cousin's wedding and family get-togethers + summer class means no trip to Cincy this year.

vCash

just move here then

vCash
    ill try to go to at least 4 or 5 games this summer. thats about how many i typically go to. its good place to bring girls to on a date IMO, so hopefully ill get to do that

vCash
    sup guys?

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast