Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    vCash
    true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    the team we had before was not nearly good enough to make the post season. better off going all in than sitting back doing nothing.
    Not good enough...? Won the division two years ago and was projected to win it last year by many experts.. That tells me to tweak some things, not sell the farm.

vCash
    I feel like the Reds already have enough developing prospects on their team. It was time to fill in the holes with experienced veterans. I don't want to see the Reds become the Pittsburgh Pirates. Farm systems can be built back up quickly and odds are more than half (perhaps all) the prospects the Reds traded away won't develop into good/great players anyway. Besides, if things don't work out in 2012 then the Reds can trade those same veterans to get more prospects and we can start the whole process over again. I just don't see where hanging on to roadblocked prospects matters all that much. They can be replaced...quickly and easily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Not good enough...? Won the division two years ago and was projected to win it last year by many experts.. That tells me to tweak some things, not sell the farm.
    and when we won the division we got embarrassed by the Phillies and with last year, it doesn't matter what they predict; we didn't do good. i think the end result speaks more than what some "experts" predicted. and this next season Cardinals are predicted to win, so then they must be right. that's the thing with prospects.... they are prospects! they are not major league proven. look at Jay Bruce... was once baseballs top prospects... now he's nothing special.

vCash
    Well said buddy!!!

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    It's all on Kaka
    Who the hell likes Wario? Seriously, isn't he a fat angry German guy?

vCash
    You got a problem with Germans?

vCash
    what's wrong with Wario?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    You got a problem with Germans?
    I never said that.

what's wrong with Wario?
    He is a fat dude with a funny mustache who sucks at Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Doesn't get much wronger than that.

vCash
    I always kicked *** with Wario in Mario Kart

vCash
    I can tell by the guy in your avatar who can barely fit in the damn kart. He sucks.

vCash
    and when we won the division we got embarrassed by the Phillies and with last year, it doesn't matter what they predict; we didn't do good. i think the end result speaks more than what some "experts" predicted. and this next season Cardinals are predicted to win, so then they must be right. that's the thing with prospects.... they are prospects! they are not major league proven. look at Jay Bruce... was once baseballs top prospects... now he's nothing special.
    Nothing special....??? Wow just 4 years in MLB and had 32 hrs and 97 rbi's... Look at these players in thier 4th year ,, Eric Davis had 26 hrs and 93 rbi's. Johnny Bench had 27 hrs and 61 rbis.. Tony Perez had 18 hrs and 92 rbis.. Ken Griffey jr had 27 hrs and 103 rbis.. Dave Parker had 13 hr 90 rbis.. Scott Rolen 26 hrs 77 rbis... Joey Votto 29 hrs 103 rbis..

Surely you weren't expecting 50 and 130 was you? Just showing how "experts" do know what they are talking about from time to time. Jay is on track to do some special things. Now half these guys had better average in their 4th year buy not by much. Wait till Jay hits his prime. He has alot of improving to do but remember his age and experience. Oh by the way nobody, I mean nobody runs on him.

vCash
    I'm glad I have certain people on my block list

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Ha, ya get your fiddle out when Latos era goes up 1.5 and Yonder is hitting .310. Hope it works out but be prepared for the fire sale.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Nothing special....??? Wow just 4 years in MLB and had 32 hrs and 97 rbi's... Look at these players in thier 4th year ,, Eric Davis had 26 hrs and 93 rbi's. Johnny Bench had 27 hrs and 61 rbis.. Tony Perez had 18 hrs and 92 rbis.. Ken Griffey jr had 27 hrs and 103 rbis.. Dave Parker had 13 hr 90 rbis.. Scott Rolen 26 hrs 77 rbis... Joey Votto 29 hrs 103 rbis..

Surely you weren't expecting 50 and 130 was you? Just showing how "experts" do know what they are talking about from time to time. Jay is on track to do some special things. Now half these guys had better average in their 4th year buy not by much. Wait till Jay hits his prime. He has alot of improving to do but remember his age and experience. Oh by the way nobody, I mean nobody runs on him.
    yes, nothing special. he only hit .256 and had 158 strikeouts. just because you hit a lot of HR doesn't mean your a good player. if you could go back to when Jay was in triple A, would you not trade him? i would in a heart beat.

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast