Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Reds Clubhouse (Off Topic)

Bored? then talk about whatever here!!!

vCash
    Anyone have any guesses on who might be up when Sept. call ups start? Im thinking Corkey, Jordan Smith, Chapman, and maybe Burton and Harang.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Cards just lost in 13 to the Nats!!!! That gives Nati a 4 game lead now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Cards just lost in 13 to the Nats!!!! That gives Nati a 4 game lead now.
    yeah they came back and then blew a two run lead!

tire out that bullpen nats!

by the way I was listening to lance today and the cardinals will make up that marlins game sept 20th. If you look at the cardinals schedule start sept 3rd and do not get a single day off until their last game of the year oct 3rd. I repeat 30 straight games!!!!

who honestly can play 30 games every single day back to back to back etc...
    props to dogersuck for the sig

2010 NFL PICK'EM:
    Last Week: 7-7
    Overall: 34-28

vCash
    Awesome

vCash
    30 straight, that sounds brutal. Better for us I guess.

vCash
    Wow 30 games in a row no shhhit??? Thats great news. Puhols and Holliday got banged yp in todays game also so playing 30 in a row can't help them any either. If the Reds can go into STL and take 2/3 I think the Cental is ours for sure!

vCash
    the Reds really needed this day off, especially the bullpen. but 30 straight game is a lot. their bullpen will wear out.

vCash
    I have to agree. There pen hasnt been lights out to begin with so the 30 games in a row will deff not help them at all.

vCash
    they will have september call ups though which will help their bullpen, but they still need to keep their payers sharp incase they go to the post season.

vCash
    Still deadlocked at one going into the ninth, Louisville sent Aroldis Chapman to the mound in hopes of taking the tied ballgame into the home half of the frame. Reaching a high of 105 MPH on the radar gun, Chapman (9-6, 3.57) sat down all three batters striking out the side. He would end up being credited with his ninth win of the season.
    I heard on 700 wlw that Chapman also hit 103 and 104.

vCash
    Wow that is amazing. Can we please call him up soon. ray:

vCash
    I went to the game last night - and i can honestly say that was one of the more enjoyable experiences at the ball park. Seeing Bruce hit 3 HRs was fantastic. The crowd was great and Cueto pitched fantastic. Add the fireworks and perfect weather and it was very nice.

I was also there for Stubb's Grand slam and the Civil rights game against the cardinals that ended on a defensive play at the plate both memorable games.

Anyone else catch some good games this year?
    props to dogersuck for the sig

2010 NFL PICK'EM:
    Last Week: 7-7
    Overall: 34-28

vCash
    Heres a good article from my ESPN Insider:

Chapman hits 105 mph
    11:14
    AM ETCincinnati Reds TopEmailCuban left-hander Aroldis Chapman may be called up to the big leagues next week when rosters expand and thrust right into a pennant race, but Friday he did something most fans, managers, players and even scouts had never seen.

Chapman hit 105 mph on the radar gun, which was also the same number that flashed on a scouts gun, as tweeted by AOL Fanhouse's Ed Price.

And it was no fluke, either, because the readings of his other heaters all registered between 100 and 104 mph. Price quoted one scout saying Chapman's four-seamer was the "best fastball I have ever witnessed."

Chapman has been working in relief for the past several weeks and has thrown well enough to warrant a call-up next week. If it happens, he will likely continue in such a role for the Reds, who could use another live arm since Mike Leake, who had been working out of the pen, has been placed on the disabled list.

Rumor Central asked around Friday night to try and find a talent evaluator who was in attendance and caught up with an American League club's pro scout who was catching Chapman for the first time.

"That's a heck of a first impression," the scout said. "I had him with three 103s and a 104, and I'd never seen anything above the 100 I got from (Washington's Stephen) Strasburg last spring and the 101 from (Detroit's Joel) Zumaya earlier this year. It's an amazing feat, I had to look around and see if (my gun) was off for that one."

vCash
    That was a great read, thanks. I'm sure we'll be calling him up real soon.

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast