Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowling!

vCash
    bowled a 624 series last monday in my league. 157, 233, 234 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    I've been there and that first game hurts. 233 and you got yourself a 7. Nice series though.
    Lol for me it's always the middle game that drops. ****** is right though, good series.

So I'm curious. I started bowling on wooden lanes, and I love them. It took a lot of adjusting for me to even bowl decently on synthetic (all lanes that royal pin owns are synthetic...at least most are). What is everyone's preference? I still would take wooden lanes over synthetics any day.

vCash
    I've been there and that first game hurts. 233 and you got yourself a 7. Nice series though.
    ya, that first game was terrible but after i found a good mark and kept hitting it i did fairly well. hopefully i can keep it up tomorrow night.

vCash
    Been trying out a ball I won (Brunswick C(System)4.5) I usually throw Global so this is a pretty big change. So far I really like the ball I have thrown 9 games and 8 have been 200+ with my high being a 268. I might have to see what else Brunswick has to offer for medium oiled lanes.

vCash
    I'm a big fan of the raw hammer series. I haven't invested into to many of their new stuff, but I consistantly use my hammer and doom, last league I finished with a 204 average. I have it drilled to go long and snap hard, so I have to keep speed up on it, and keep the rev rate high, but that's fine with me.

I also use a Storm special agent a TON. It's drilling the same way, but toned down a little so I can ease of the speed some. A few days ago I shot a 269 with it
    Last edited by xanderyear; 10-11-2010 at 08:41 AM.

vCash
    ^^Those special agents just don't stop hooking. Great Ball.

My sport league tonight is switching patterns. We are going to the Kegel Sport series Boardwalk pattern. This one is shorter (34ft) and doesn't have much total volume of oil. I think we are going to have to play way outside on this shot so it will be a good change of pace from the long pattern we have been bowling on. I'll post my scores tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    ^^Those special agents just don't stop hooking. Great Ball.

My sport league tonight is switching patterns. We are going to the Kegel Sport series Boardwalk pattern. This one is shorter (34ft) and doesn't have much total volume of oil. I think we are going to have to play way outside on this shot so it will be a good change of pace from the long pattern we have been bowling on. I'll post my scores tomorrow
    I know this may be a little heretical, but you could always switch to a plastic ball. Usually on light oil patterns, I'll either switch to a smoother surfaced ball, or my plastic. The ball still moves in the basic same pattern since the oil dries quickly, and let's face it, a plastic ball will dry the lanes out, and then you'll be the only person able to shoot anything worth it without throwing the ball at 800 mph.

vCash
    I got a 143 and a 161 in my bowling league tonight. Decent night for me. Bowling rules.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Whats your 3rd game?
    We only play 2 games a week. Don't exactly know why. I wish we played 3. But oh well.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    10 bucks. Not a huge deal. It's actually the cheapest league at the alley. And I get a ball at the end of it which will be cool. I need a 2nd ball.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Wow 10 and 11.50 for 3 games I wish. We pay 22 dollars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderyear View Post
    I know this may be a little heretical, but you could always switch to a plastic ball. Usually on light oil patterns, I'll either switch to a smoother surfaced ball, or my plastic. The ball still moves in the basic same pattern since the oil dries quickly, and let's face it, a plastic ball will dry the lanes out, and then you'll be the only person able to shoot anything worth it without throwing the ball at 800 mph.
    A plastic ball doesn't dry the lane out since it doesn't soak up oil. Throwing a plastic ball wouldn't only create carrydown since all it does is push oil down the lane. It would be useless then since it wouldn't hook. I wouldn't throw one to begin with because it won't carry.

I shot a 580 something. like 185, 244, 169. I decided to miss a bunch of spares the last game so that's fun. Also, I don't really have a dry lane ball yet. Not many people in the league were much over 600, so not terrible but I know I should be shooting better. There's always next week and I will likely have another ball for lighter oil by then since my playmaker is a bit too strong to throw all 3 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Wow 10 and 11.50 for 3 games I wish. We pay 22 dollars.
    No kidding.

The ball league I was in during the summer was still 20 bucks as 10 covered linage. I don't know how they can give Dan a ball and league for only 10 bucks a week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    A plastic ball doesn't dry the lane out since it doesn't soak up oil. Throwing a plastic ball wouldn't only create carrydown since all it does is push oil down the lane. It would be useless then since it wouldn't hook. I wouldn't throw one to begin with because it won't carry.

I shot a 580 something. like 185, 244, 169. I decided to miss a bunch of spares the last game so that's fun. Also, I don't really have a dry lane ball yet. Not many people in the league were much over 600, so not terrible but I know I should be shooting better. There's always next week and I will likely have another ball for lighter oil by then since my playmaker is a bit too strong to throw all 3 games.
    You're right, a plastic ball won't soak up MUCH oil, but the rev rate of a plastic ball will burn up the oil just as most other light stock balls would. Everyone else would be using a ball that would burn up more and more oil, while you're left with a ball that WOULD hook, and they're left with having to adjust on nearly every shot.

vCash
    No way I'd be able to do it. Bowling has always been a 3 game series for me. Even when I go for fun I bowl 3 games to see what my series is. We pay 11.50 for 3 games and a free banquet at the end in our couples league. What kind of ball are they giving you guys?
    The league is NFL related so I will be getting a Steelers ball. I'm not sure what brand but when I find out I will tell you. I am guessing the brand would be Brunswick but I dunno. I wish it was 3 games instead but oh well.
    TAKE PRIDE

Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast