Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowling!

vCash
    664 last night. 217, 245, 202. Won one bracket.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Awesome!

vCash
    I have a 5 game streak going with no opens.

vCash
    Thanks for the suggestions LGB. I went in there today before bowling started and they do have the Marauder Madness. Apparently i can also upgrade from what i would get for the free raffle ball and just pay the difference if i wanted a more expensive one. So i can basically get a ball that runs 230 somethin all drilled and everything for like 30 bucks. I jotted down a few names of what they have, but now im ****ed up and cant find i wrote, lol. I love bowling night. All i can remember offhand is something called The Look, that was one of the more expensive ones. When i watched the video for the Marauder that you posted, i was pretty much sold instantly when it said its good for high ball speed/low rev players. Thats me...but im going to keep searching since i know i can get a high priced ball now and just pay the differrence.

I bowled a 604, which is over avg, but felt like i bowled much worse. But whatever give me that ****!
    Last edited by Jack_Gordon; 11-15-2012 at 12:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post
    Damn man, thats a hell of a run...****in 10 pin!!!

On a side note, I also won a bowling ball raffle and get a free mid-range bowling ball (whatever that price range may be, im assuming in the 100-150 range?). Do you have any suggestions? I dont know anything about bowling balls, because of my technical flaws and lower rev rate id like something thats really aggressive cause i can struggle to get to the pocket when im on oily lanes. I dont even know what the pro shop has i would just like to have a ball or two in mind so if i see it there i can inquire about it.
    I just got I Violent Eruption from Columbia 300. It goes for $169. I certainly consider it mid range. Its shiny, but it starts to hook earlier than a lot of polished balls. I love it. It wouldn't work too well on really oily lanes though. But if you bowl on a house shot a lot, I would really consider it.

Columbia did just come out with the Mass Eruption though. Its sanded to 4000, and should hook a ton. My pro shop considers it mid-range too. But once the lanes start to break down, you probably won't be able to use it.

What kind of ball do you throw now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwstriker299 View Post
    I just got I Violent Eruption from Columbia 300. It goes for $169. I certainly consider it mid range. Its shiny, but it starts to hook earlier than a lot of polished balls. I love it. It wouldn't work too well on really oily lanes though. But if you bowl on a house shot a lot, I would really consider it.

Columbia did just come out with the Mass Eruption though. Its sanded to 4000, and should hook a ton. My pro shop considers it mid-range too. But once the lanes start to break down, you probably won't be able to use it.

What kind of ball do you throw now?
    The Mass Eruption sounds familiar, i may have seen that. Right now i throw an Outburst..i think its Columbia. Ive had it for over a year. It works fine for my league which is fairly dry for the most part but i do run into trouble getting to the pocket on really oily lanes when i bowl other places. Oil is not my friend.

vCash
    Thanks for the suggestions LGB. I went in there today before bowling started and they do have the Marauder Madness. Apparently i can also upgrade from what i would get for the free raffle ball and just pay the difference if i wanted a more expensive one. So i can basically get a ball that runs 230 somethin all drilled and everything for like 30 bucks. I jotted down a few names of what they have, but now im ****ed up and cant find i wrote, lol. I love bowling night. All i can remember offhand is something called The Look, that was one of the more expensive ones. When i watched the video for the Marauder that you posted, i was pretty much sold instantly when it said its good for high ball speed/low rev players. Thats me...but im going to keep searching since i know i can get a high priced ball now and just pay the differrence.

I bowled a 604, which is over avg, but felt like i bowled much worse. But whatever give me that ****!
    No prob at all. If I can ever get you any inside info on DV8 I will. I talk to Ronnie a lot and he usually gives me the heads up and pros and cons of their products before the are even released to the public.

vCash
    The Mass Eruption sounds familiar, i may have seen that. Right now i throw an Outburst..i think its Columbia. Ive had it for over a year. It works fine for my league which is fairly dry for the most part but i do run into trouble getting to the pocket on really oily lanes when i bowl other places. Oil is not my friend.
    My only real advice is don't just go get the most expensive ball that you can because it may not be the best ball for you.

How old is your Outburst? Do you still have it dull? That ball is meant for a lot of oil. Do you clean it with ball cleaner when you are done bowling?

Maybe you just need to take it to the pro shop and have them put it in the the wave machine if they have one. It probably would react better if it had some oil sucked out of it.

Then you could get another ball that compliments it. The Outburst hooks pretty early, so I would think you would want something that gets down the lane further and hooks in the back end. There are plenty of balls that you could choose from.

Whenever I get a new ball, I am either getting one that will replace a reaction that I already have, or I am getting one that gives me a reaction that I don't currently have. You don't really need to have multiple balls that give you the same reaction.
    Last edited by kwstriker299; 11-16-2012 at 10:32 AM.

vCash
    I believe ive had the Outburst for like a year and some change maybe (i also won that ball in a raffle). You're right on about having a bunch of balls that do the same thing, i swear i could just pick up any of my 10 balls go to my league and throw it exactly the same lol. Theres little variation but i think that also could have to do with me not having a good release...so im limiting what the ball is capable of right off the bat.I slack BIG time on cleaning it, im sure thats also part of it though.

I would like something that really snaps at the end, i think that fits my style. I think one of the reasons i pull my arm so much is cause i dont trust the ball to do anything at the end. So i naturally kinda yank it towards the head pin. What i was wondering though if you get a ball thats a late mover, is if you throw it too hard, could it end up getting to the pins before it has a chance to break? Meaning it would basically just go straight? Or will the ball pretty much always snap once it hits the back no matter how hard you throw? Probably a dumb question but i dont know anything about balls, drilling, reaction... and all that stuff.
    Last edited by Jack_Gordon; 11-16-2012 at 10:03 PM.

vCash
    It you throw it correct it will still snap at the backend pending the land condition and how deep your playing.

vCash
    Talk about consistency, last week I shot a 693. This past Saturday night i shot a 692, 231/238/223. I didnt win any cash however, but team did take 7 points against the blind team. Haha! Since our league has an odd number of teams. Its tough bowling against yourself. Basically your team has to beat your average minus 10, scratch so that equated to 922 for us. My team shot 1125 first 1190 second and 1050 third. So

vCash
    I believe ive had the Outburst for like a year and some change maybe (i also won that ball in a raffle). You're right on about having a bunch of balls that do the same thing, i swear i could just pick up any of my 10 balls go to my league and throw it exactly the same lol. Theres little variation but i think that also could have to do with me not having a good release...so im limiting what the ball is capable of right off the bat.I slack BIG time on cleaning it, im sure thats also part of it though.

I would like something that really snaps at the end, i think that fits my style. I think one of the reasons i pull my arm so much is cause i dont trust the ball to do anything at the end. So i naturally kinda yank it towards the head pin. What i was wondering though if you get a ball thats a late mover, is if you throw it too hard, could it end up getting to the pins before it has a chance to break? Meaning it would basically just go straight? Or will the ball pretty much always snap once it hits the back no matter how hard you throw? Probably a dumb question but i dont know anything about balls, drilling, reaction... and all that stuff.

It shouldn't go straight, unless you tug it right up the oil line. Also, if it's not the correct condition and there is too much oil, a ball that goes long just isn't going to hook as much.

But on a typical house shot, there are always dry boards on the outside of the lane. So once you hit those, it will still hook.

vCash
    216, 228, 245 for a 689 last night in league.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash

vCash
    Ive been in a damn slump the past 2 weeks.

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast