Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowling!

vCash
    665 last night. Could carry anything my 2nd game which prob cost me a 700.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post
    I do always see the pros shooting straight at spares, how do you set up and throw straight though with say, the 7 pin? If your shoulders are parallel to the foul line, wouldnt your arm swing need to be pulled to the left when you throw in order to hit it? Or do you turn your body in the stance to line up with the pin so you can still have a straight arm swing?
    Absolutely. When I shoot the 7 pin (I'm right handed), I stand on the approach with my right foot about 6 inches forward from my left foot. This forces my shoulders and hips to angle towards the 7 pin. It is the best tip I have ever received for shooting at left side spares.

When I shoot right side spares or throw my normal strike shot, my left foot is ahead of my right foot. This opens the body up a little to the right, and allows you to swing the ball if you have to, or get the proper angle shooting spares.

vCash
    Wow I have never heard or seen anyone (a righty) with their right foot ahead of their left. I might have to try that.

vCash
    Yeah it just helps you get properly set up to throw at a left side spare. I like to throw straight at all my spares, so I can always do it the same way, regardless of lane condition. Even spares that have the headpin in them, I usually throw my spare ball straight at them.

vCash
    I Line up on the right and throw my strike ball for left side spares. I just slow down the speed. Gives it a feeling of touch when i throw a strike ball to hit the 7 pin.
    <<<<Home of the Giants
    SF Giants -
    Heat -
    49ers - x5
    Sharks -
    Texas A&M (CFB) - Johnny "football" Manziel!!!!
    Seton Hall (CBB) - One day........I miss Dehere
    Current favorite players - D Wade, Patrick Willis, Buster Posey.
    All time fave's - Glen Rice/ZO, Barry Bonds, Jerry Rice

vCash
    Finally had a good week!

188-246-198

The 246 was 11 strikes (not in a row) and on the two i didnt strike i got 10 pin tapped. Converted 1 of the 2.

I made one change at the start of the second game...i know this probably isnt recommended by instead of putting my thumb all the way in, i pulled it out just a little bit. It helped with getting my thumb out on my release and i was just rolling it alot better. The ball had a little more life at the end too. If you're wondering, my thumb hole is definitely not too tight, if anything its a little loose, but for whatever reason it can be hard for me to get my thumb out before my fingers.

vCash
    Its probably because you squeeze it. Keep your thumb straight, it will come out a lot easier.

vCash
    I'm bowling in a Tourney today. Hope I do decent.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    I'm bowling in a Tourney today. Hope I do decent.
    How did you do?

vCash
    Anyone else going to Detroit in May? I am and booked my hotel looking forward to my first big tournament. I have bowled in some summer tourneys and king of the hills here in Chicago, but never traveled out of state to bowl should be great.

vCash
    I'm not. I do leave for Baton Rouge on Friday though. Never bowled nationals before, so I am pretty excited about it. We have been bowling on the pattern in league so at least I do feel somewhat prepared.

vCash
    What pattern?

vCash
    It's the 2012 USBC nationals pattern. 39 feet long

http://www.kegel.net/patternlibrary/...KodPattern=772

vCash
    Has anyone tried or know anyone (right handed) who bowls without using their thumb? I've been doing that for a couple years now and I bowl a lot better. Just wondering if anyone had any pointers or perspectives being a thumbless bowler.

vCash
    Yea there are quite a few bowlers in my league who dont use their thumb. Some are really good and some are bad. I guess it just depends on practice. People who dont use their thumb have told me spares are harder for them. Which I can see since your thumb is not their to guide the ball.

Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast