Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowling!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    I like the ball a lot. Before my Black Widow I used to throw a DynoThane Threshold which was my fav ball ever untill it got stolen. With my Threshold I threw 2 299's in back to back weeks (damn ten pins ) and my high series of 773 all in leauge. I wish I could find another one but I can't anywhere.
    Ouch. So close yet so far haha. But way to go. Seeing as my high score is only 237 I am pretty jealous.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I've been bowling since I was 4 and i'm now 24 lol. Maybe one day i'll get a 300.

I did go bowling tonight and didn't do so well. I bowled a 184, 177, 211, and a 202. I was rapeing the pocket all night but not getting much love. Needless to say I didn't have a great night. I did pick of a 6-7-10 split though.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    I went again Monday and did a lot better. I bowled 6 games. 1st game 255 ( 9 strikes in a row to finish game out) 2nd 212, 3rd 233, 4th 202, 5th 208, and 6th 244 ( 7 strikes in a row to end the game). I usually throw hard and crank the hell out of it but today I had to slow it down and to put more finess on it due to the lane conditions.

vCash
    I could never throw that many games. I have done 4 in one night but that was enough for me. I could maybe do 3 in the afternoon and then 3 more 6 hours later but I would have to bowl really well the first 5 games to make it all the way through.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Last year I threw in a 2 day weekend tournament along with my regular Saturday evening bowling league. So in a 24 hour span I threw 11 games damn my hand and my arm hurt after that weekend.

Crazy thing is I am thinking about doing it this year again in March. Lots of cash to be had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behnke2017 View Post
    I could never throw that many games. I have done 4 in one night but that was enough for me. I could maybe do 3 in the afternoon and then 3 more 6 hours later but I would have to bowl really well the first 5 games to make it all the way through.
    I could have bowled even more but I didn't wanna waste that much money since its $ 4.00 a game. I throw a 16 pound ball too and for some reason my arm never got tired and feels fine today!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Last year I threw in a 2 day weekend tournament along with my regular Saturday evening bowling league. So in a 24 hour span I threw 11 games damn my hand and my arm hurt after that weekend.

Crazy thing is I am thinking about doing it this year again in March. Lots of cash to be had.
    That sounds like that would be a blast!!

vCash
    That's one thing I do like about using a 10 pound ball. I always have more stamina then my friends and stuff. I have bowled 7 games in a night before. My bowling buddy has never done more then 4 in a night and he uses a 14 pound ball.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    That's one thing I do like about using a 10 pound ball. I always have more stamina then my friends and stuff. I have bowled 7 games in a night before. My bowling buddy has never done more then 4 in a night and he uses a 14 pound ball.
    What's your avereage with that ball buddy?

vCash
    For whatever reason my one friend and I just started bowling a lot over this winter break, and I can't believe how fun/addicting it is. It's also cheap as ****, so that's a plus. Anyway, my first time out I bowled about a 50 and my third game I got a 212, I have no idea how.

The last couple of weeks I've been able to hold steady at like a 140 average and haven't dipped below a 125 any of the times I've been out, so I think that those truly atrocious beginner games are out of me.

I have a lot of trouble picking up spares on the right side of the lane(I'm right handed), and I usually try to twist my arm the opposite direction to get it to spin right, but that only works about half the time.

I use a 2 finger grip and leave my thumb out. Is there a greater advantage in using the thumb or is it just kind of a personal preference deal? If so, how can i get the ball to curve the way I do with a 2 finger grip, if it's more advantageous to use the thumb?

Philadelphia 76ers

"All the time us."

Thanks to JDink24 on the sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    What's your avereage with that ball buddy?
    My average in the league I just finished was 148 but I had some really poor weeks in the middle where nothing was going right so all things considered I am happy with it. Usually I bowl in the 170 range. It could be better. But I have only been bowling seriously for less than 2 years so I am still getting my shot down and everything. I am doing another league that starts in March I think and I am hoping to average at least 160 with the mix of my current ball and the new ball I will be getting.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pd7631 View Post
    For whatever reason my one friend and I just started bowling a lot over this winter break, and I can't believe how fun/addicting it is. It's also cheap as ****, so that's a plus. Anyway, my first time out I bowled about a 50 and my third game I got a 212, I have no idea how.

The last couple of weeks I've been able to hold steady at like a 140 average and haven't dipped below a 125 any of the times I've been out, so I think that those truly atrocious beginner games are out of me.

I have a lot of trouble picking up spares on the right side of the lane(I'm right handed), and I usually try to twist my arm the opposite direction to get it to spin right, but that only works about half the time.

I use a 2 finger grip and leave my thumb out. Is there a greater advantage in using the thumb or is it just kind of a personal preference deal? If so, how can i get the ball to curve the way I do with a 2 finger grip, if it's more advantageous to use the thumb?
    Personally I use my thumb when I bowl and I feel it gives me more control. That's just me personally. I know some people who don't use the thumb and do well and others who do use it and do well so I think its just personal but I dunno for sure.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Personally I use my thumb when I bowl and I feel it gives me more control. That's just me personally. I know some people who don't use the thumb and do well and others who do use it and do well so I think its just personal but I dunno for sure.
    Do you get a good hook that way? I've given it a few tries and I just can't do anything but throw it straight when I use my thumb.

Philadelphia 76ers

"All the time us."

vCash
    depends on what ball you are using, if its some random house ball there will be little to no curve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochalman View Post
    depends on what ball you are using, if its some random house ball there will be little to no curve.
    Yeah I don't have a ball of my own, and pretty much every house ball is cracked and dinged all over the place. So is that what makes the big difference in hooking the ball?

Philadelphia 76ers

"All the time us."

Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast