Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowling!

vCash
    I am going bowling tomorrow or today for you east coasters. Gotta prepare because today I officially signed up for a league that starts Monday. So excited! My first league.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I am very pleased with my bowling scores yesterday. I did better then usual. Bowled 4 games. My scores were: 181,164, 196, 188. That is much better than my average. Hope I can do that well when I start in my league next week.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    What bowling alley do you bowl at? I see you live in Bolingbrook.
    I'm at Fox Bowl in Wheaton. Do you bowl around the chicago area?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    I'm at Fox Bowl in Wheaton. Do you bowl around the chicago area?
    Town Hall bowl in Cicero.

vCash
    Results from last night I bowled a 628 series 238-188-202. My team won 2/3 and series so 5 points we play on a 7 point system. First game I didnt win any money, but should of IF I carry the ten pin in the 10th frame first ball flush in the pocket ten pin damn! I spare it up and strike. If I would of punched out I would of ended up with a 258 plus 6 pins handicap 264. Oh well get'em next week.

vCash
    ^Pretty solid. Kick some butt.

My bowling league starts tomorrow night. I am really excited. It's weird though because I called today and found out only like 7 people are signed up for the league which is odd.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Well 3 weeks into bowling season and sitting at a 190ish average. Considering my first series of the year was a 497 I am pretty happy. Bowled really well last Wednesday with 288 (10 strikes 8/ to finish) 198, and 225. Getting my second 700 series. Bad news though my ball (the faithful 900 Global Maniac) has a nice crack running from my pointer to my thumb hole. Good news my wife is a champ and let me order a new one plus an additional (global creature pearl). They need to get here soon I don't think my spare ball will save me this week.

I will keep updating as the season goes on.

vCash
    I miss bowling. I bowled for my high school team for 3 years, and it was an awesome experience. I think I finished my senior year at a 198 average. Though, I'm super inconsistent.. which generally happens with a lack of practice. Highest game is 299

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlandoTucker29 View Post
    Well 3 weeks into bowling season and sitting at a 190ish average. Considering my first series of the year was a 497 I am pretty happy. Bowled really well last Wednesday with 288 (10 strikes 8/ to finish) 198, and 225. Getting my second 700 series. Bad news though my ball (the faithful 900 Global Maniac) has a nice crack running from my pointer to my thumb hole. Good news my wife is a champ and let me order a new one plus an additional (global creature pearl). They need to get here soon I don't think my spare ball will save me this week.

I will keep updating as the season goes on.
    LoL on using the spare ball for a week. 2 new ball tho, that's always exciting I don't see much 900 Global around here at all, and I've never used any of their stuff. Do you seem to like it?

I bowled alirhgt in league last night. 196 (1 open), 192 (clean), 234 (clean). I just could not strike the first 2 games. I had a great look too. Owell, I'll take 622 on a sport shot.

vCash
    Last night was the first night of my bowling league. There are only 3 teams but my team did the best. I got the High Score of the night which sadly was only a 172 lol. But oh well. it will be fun and I have weak competition to face.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    3 teams of 4? You should suggest 4 teams of 3 instead. We did that a couple years ago and it was a lot more fun.
    Actually lol it's 3 teams of 2. Haha 6 people in the league. Considering they have promoted this league for months and its the cheapest league I was stunned. There is another one that starts an hour later and is much more expensive and it had like 35 people. I just didn't understand that crap at all.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    LoL on using the spare ball for a week. 2 new ball tho, that's always exciting I don't see much 900 Global around here at all, and I've never used any of their stuff. Do you seem to like it?

I bowled alirhgt in league last night. 196 (1 open), 192 (clean), 234 (clean). I just could not strike the first 2 games. I had a great look too. Owell, I'll take 622 on a sport shot.

I love 900 Global. I haven't thrown any other ball since. I was throwing hammer for about 2 years and stopped because every time I got a new ball I would have to adjust to it even though I would get it drilled the same. With Global I haven't had that problem. I have bowled 4 different versions of their equipment and all the ball have performed equally well. The only thing I have to change is my starting position. Speed, breaking point, and revs stay the same. It helped alot when I started bowling more serious tournaments with sport oil pattern changes every day.

vCash
    I love both Track and Morich. I throw Track 920A and The Rising and Morich Weapon of Mass Bias.

vCash
    League night is over (I live in Germany so its still early for you guys in the States) Series wasn't horrible 184, 192, 215 for a 591. Still a bit sore about the first game since I was at a 77 after the fifth because I opened 2 and 3 with splits. After that the night was consistent, couldn't get a solid string of strikes going though.

Tomorrow I am qualifying in a German Tournament 80 people can qualify they take the top 35 and then 5 from a desparado tournament Sunday we will bowl 2 games and they cut 4 from the field and then after that you bowl 1 game and then bottom 4 get cut. Prize pool is 1000 Euro (roughly $1200) Should be fun.

And then next Tuesday we are starting a German and American League that is doing 4 man/woman teams all men scratch (women +8 handicap) It is going to be 10 weeks and the first place team wins a trip to Luxembourg for a European Open Tournament.

More updates to come as the season progresses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    I love both Track and Morich. I throw Track 920A and The Rising and Morich Weapon of Mass Bias.
    I have never thrown a Morich Ball either. It seems like I've been an ebonite guy for a little while now. I did throw a track 920T in a demo that I thought was really good. Their new line of balls is definitely quality, they are moving back up in the market.

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast