Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowling!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    The men's league I'm in is $10 per night. $8 for bowling and then $2 goes into the prize money and banquet fund. Each team (3 man) can have up to 4 bowlers at the banquet. We usually get about 25 bucks a person back plus a free meal so its not too bad for a night of fun. I have a little extra incentive as league treasurer and secretary (since I'm literally the only computer literate person in the league) and those positions are paid for by the team sponsors, which would pay for my bowling throughout the year. Only problem I have is without an income I can't pay for beer frames and other things like poker during bowling.

Speaking of poker, the version we play is you get 2 cards on a strike and 1 on a spare. If you miss a spare, someone playing picks a card from your hand. You also cannot hold more than 5 cards at a time and the decks have jokers. Usually both teams play the same game since we have 3 person teams so thats up to 6 hands depending on who plays. We each put in a buck and highest hand takes the pot after each game. Anyone else do this that bowls league?
    We pay 25 a night in my league....for 35 weeks

vCash
    I found a local league near me I may do. 10 bucks a week for 18 weeks. Not too shabby. I need to find a team though. None of my friends are really very interested.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I don't know too much about the intricacies in bowling but I have been in a league for about 4 years now, and last year I was in 2. I'm not in any this season due to some issues and time constraints.

I'm about up to a 175ish average but am too streaky.

I can't bowl the traditional way, it just doesn't work, I have to bowl thumbless.
    I'm the same way. I have been bowling league since I was 17, and I'll be 28 next month. I learned how to throw a hook at age 17, and I've been using it, thumbless, for all the years now. My best game was a 278. My Dad was a league bowler as well, but he was a lefty and he tried to teach me how to curve, but I just couldn't get it for the life of me. My roomie, whom I've known for 13 years now, was the one who taught me how to throw without my thumb.

I gotta say my average is around 160 to 165 these days. But it's getting better because I've finally gotten the hang of adjusting and moving your feet, and working with hitting your mark.

I currently bowl on a Sunday night league, USBC sanctioned. I was on a challenge shot league on Saturday nights, but I'm not sure if we're going to start it back up because a few of the teams moved to Sunday nights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    We pay 25 a night in my league....for 35 weeks
    I pay 22 for 35 weeks.

But you get the majority of your money back at the end of the year depending on the place your team finishes in. If you finish in the top 5 you get your money back. Even if you finish in last (28th) you get a quarter of your money back. I have been in the league for 10 years and the best I have finished in was 8th which I got 3/4 of my money back.

vCash
    What kind of pots do your guys league has? There are a ton of pots my league has.

1st game 5 dollar pot (w/handicap) one winner. Usually pays anywhere from 400-500 dollars.

2nd game 10 dollar pot (w/handicap) pays 3-4 spots depending on how many people get in.

3rd game 5 dollar pot (w/handicap) pays 3 spots.

All 3 games scratch 2 dollars a game.
    All 3 games handicap 2 dollars a game.
    Series 2 dollars

Mistery pot (Scratch) 2nd game 2 dollars.

The big pot is Doubles, (w/handicap) 2 dollars a guy. So if you want to partner up with someone on another team you give them 2 dollars and they have to match your 2 dollars with there own 2 dollars. There are 28 teams 5 guys on a team so sheets add up. This pot usually gets up to 6000 a night. 2000 a game to be split between 2 guys, pays out 2 places. I usually get in with 10-20 guys depending on how much money I have. I have won this pot a lot. in my 10 years in the league.

vCash
    Wow that is a lot of pot money.

Our league has 15 teams. We have:

Survivor pot - $5. 1/3 the field gets cut after first game, then cut after second game, then I think it pays top 4.

30 Clean - $2. 1 dollar goes towards 30 clean, one dollar goes towards the person with the most clean. If no one gets 30 clean, then the 1 dollar rolls over and the person with the most clean gets the other half. So if 30 people play and no one gets it until like week 7, the guy who gets 30 clean gets 210 for the rollover + 30 for the night. This pot you have to pay every week or you will never be eligable for the rollover.

Team 300 - $2 per so 10 per team (5 man). They pick a game. During that game one member from team needs 1 strike in each frame and one member needs all 3 in tenth. This one also has a rollover if no one goes all they way. So the team with the most consecutive gets half of what was turned in that night.

Single game handicap - $10 bucks

We have a mystery and a mystery doubles as well, I don't remember how much they are.

vCash
    My league actually tried the survivor pot a few times but people werent getting in enough to keep it going.

My league did have a strike pot that got up to 15,000. It was one dollar to get in and based on your average you had to get strikes in certain frames. So the higher your average the more strikes you had to get. There was one guy a few years ago who almost won it. He was in the third game on the last strike he had to get he hit the pocket flush but left the 10 pin he was pissed of course. We stopped the pot and just divided the money evenly amongst the teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    My league actually tried the survivor pot a few times but people werent getting in enough to keep it going.

My league did have a strike pot that got up to 15,000. It was one dollar to get in and based on your average you had to get strikes in certain frames. So the higher your average the more strikes you had to get. There was one guy a few years ago who almost won it. He was in the third game on the last strike he had to get he hit the pocket flush but left the 10 pin he was pissed of course. We stopped the pot and just divided the money evenly amongst the teams.
    Yea our house has a similar strike pot....but all leagues can contribute to the same pot. It got to 10 grand last year and they stopped it at that. Some guy won it and then it was immediately at 7 grand again since so much had rolled over. Its 5 bucks to get it. Its so hard once its a high number because you need "11" strikes thru 3 games, but they make one of the strikes strike 11 in each game so you still need a double (and 14 total)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Yea our house has a similar strike pot....but all leagues can contribute to the same pot. It got to 10 grand last year and they stopped it at that. Some guy won it and then it was immediately at 7 grand again since so much had rolled over. Its 5 bucks to get it. Its so hard once its a high number because you need "11" strikes thru 3 games, but they make one of the strikes strike 11 in each game so you still need a double (and 14 total)
    What bowling alley do you bowl at? I see you live in Bolingbrook.

vCash

Wow 15,000 dollars is a lot. I don't know what I would do if I left the bowling with half of that money.

vCash
    I want 15,000 bucks.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Thats pretty good ******. I bowl tonight and we bowl the first place team from last year. So its on tonight!

vCash
    184-189-194 for a 567 series. Haven't touched my balls since the first Tuesday in April.
    I'm sorry but that sentence is absolutely hilarious lol. I almost died laughing at that lol. But seriously that is a pretty good series of scores.

Thats pretty good ******. I bowl tonight and we bowl the first place team from last year. So its on tonight!
    Good luck. Show em how PSD does it!
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I knew that line would get someone
    Sorry lol. Gotta point stuff out like that though.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    So results from bowling on Saturday... I bowled good, a 614 series 223/209/182. For my league thats solid but not good enough to win any money considering I only have 6 pins handicap. My league does 90% of 210 so my average is 203. We should of won the first game but a guy on my team blew the 10th frame with an open and we lost by 5 pins. Second game we won by 60 and third game they crused us by like 200. So disappointing weekend just have to get next week.

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast