70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Troy Tulowitzki

22 31.43%
  • Hanley Ramirez

48 68.57%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hanley or Tulo?

vCash
    Yeah, intangibles and leadership mean nothing, you're the man. And when your star player has the veterans on his team that don't take his side when there is a problem, then that is a problem.
    Suck it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    "He wants that pressure," said the talent evaluator. "He wants to be the guy who comes up with runners on base and the game on the line. There are lot of players who say they want that, but they really don't. But he wants that."
    So...this "talent evaluator" can read the minds of all the players?

I hate ******** statements like those.
    My blog- analysis of the San Francisco Giants, Baseball, and Sabermetrics.

vCash
    Alright this is kind of funny how Tulo has an unbelievable month and now people are changing their tune, even trying to pass it off as saying they would take Tulo just because of his glove work.

Tulowitski is a beast, but a month does not undo several years of playing time. Hanley is still the better player in my opinion.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    I'd take Tulo, and I don't understand how the vote is so lopsided.

vCash
    Tulo isn't actually a product of Coors if you look at his home v away stats he's almost equal on the road, unlike most or all Colorado players.

Hanley is just atrocious on defense he costs his team like 15 runs this year... and Tulo has really come into this year. He's missed like 30 games and this month he gone on a shred.

But I'd still go with Hanley. Tulo is very close behind though.
    Last edited by NCBoSoxfan21; 09-20-2010 at 12:48 PM.

BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBoSoxfan21 View Post
    Tulo isn't actually a product of Coors if you look at his home v away stats he's almost equal on the road, unlike most or all Colorado players.
    WTF are you talking about? Tulo's offensive stats are clearly much better at home this year and for his career. I don't think he's a product of Coors Field... I find it hard to prove whether guys are a product of a stadium. Most players hit much better at home, I THINK (I have no statistical evidence of this - I'm basing this off of the majority of split stats I've seen).

But it's like people are just making **** up to vote for Tulo.

vCash
    He's missed like 30 games and this month he gone on a shred.
    I'm not directing this towards you, but a lot of people have based their opinion on this past month. My question here is... how does this differ from his past seasons? His best month throughout his career has been September. And in general, Tulo is twice the hitter after the All-Star than he is before the break.

I just don't know what makes this year so much different than past years.

vCash

Hanley is just atrocious on defense he costs his team like 15 runs this year... and Tulo has really come into this year. He's missed like 30 games and this month he gone on a shred.

But I'd still go with Hanley. Tulo is very close behind though.
    That may be somewhat true for this season, but for his career, his line is .312/.382/.542 at home while his road line is .272/.344/.445. That is nowhere close to "almost equal on the road."

Overall, I think Tulo has closed the gap a bit, but I would still take Hanley for now.

vCash
    When you are the best defensive SS in the game and the second best offensive SS in the game, that is more valuable, in my opinion, than being the top offensive SS in the game and one of the bottom 5 defenders in the game.

Hanley's offense doesn't out produce his glove when comparing him to Tulowitzki. That is how I feel. Even leaving out all of the leadership and intangible skills that cannot be counted.
    Suck it

vCash
    Hanley is having an off year. He would be back to dominating the SS position next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    WTF are you talking about? Tulo's offensive stats are clearly much better at home this year and for his career. I don't think he's a product of Coors Field... I find it hard to prove whether guys are a product of a stadium. Most players hit much better at home, I THINK (I have no statistical evidence of this - I'm basing this off of the majority of split stats I've seen).

But it's like people are just making **** up to vote for Tulo.
    For his career there is a gap, but this year he's still great on the road. Better at home, but like you said everyone is usually better at home and Coors helps every hitter so obviously he's best there.

His career numbers Away aren't bad either though. Not as good, but not bad like most Rox either.

BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    hanley is not a bad defender anymore by any stretch of the imagination. he has been great this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by h2r09 View Post
    hanley is not a bad defender anymore by any stretch of the imagination. he has been great this year.
    Well, worst uzr and uzr/150 of all SS that qualify. 2nd worst Range Rate. 6th worst error rate. He is -15 in defensive runs saved, which is 2nd worst. Overall he ranks as the worst defender in the game at SS.

So yeah, he wasn't that good.
    Last edited by NJBASEBALL22; 09-20-2010 at 06:42 PM.
    Suck it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canefandynasty View Post
    Hanley is having an off year. He would be back to dominating the SS position next season.
    All offense is down this year. He is still dominate as a SS, on offense. On defense, he is horrid.
    Suck it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by h2r09 View Post
    And over the past 3 years, Hanley has been the worst defensive SS in the league at -11.6 uzr. Tulowizki is at 5th but missed a lot of time, he was at 7.1 uzr. Tulo is at +24 runs saved over the past 3 years and Hanley is at -10.
    Suck it

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast