• Troy Tulowitzki

22 31.43%
  • Hanley Ramirez

48 68.57%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hanley or Tulo?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    This is unrelated but wow at Tulo's last 15games, he is destroying my fantasy team :/

15 games, 11 HRs, 27 RBIs(what's the record for a month?), .984 SLG
    Looks like the record was set back 1894 by Sam Thompson when he had 61 RBI in the month of August. I don't know the modern record though.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Tulo to me is a winning player give me him 100 outa 100 times he may not have all the same tools but man Tulo just has the it factor to me and he is more of a professional.
    This is also why I have been defending him, not only his he great offensively and defensively, he brings more intangibles to the field than Hamram. Tulowitzki has a grit and clutchness factor that go into being a winning player. Stats alone cannot calibrate this. I would still prefer Tulowitzki over Hamram, even if the numbers don't back it up. I have just always like Tulowitzki. I have been following him since he was at Long Beach St.
    Suck it

vCash
    lol, Hanley is in a class of an elite group of players that very few are in. Tulo is good, but not in that group

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimisticNot View Post
    lol, Hanley is in a class of an elite group of players that very few are in. Tulo is good, but not in that group
    Tulowitzki is the best or second best SS in baseball, he is in that elite group.
    Suck it

Va Beach by way of NJ by way of Staten Island
    vCash
    I gotta agree, Hanley is a fantasic player but Tulo's D and bat make him my choice
    WWW.INDUCTDONNIE.COM
    Click here show your support for Donnie Baseball

c'mon son!

vCash
    Like some said I rather have Tulo in the future...his glove is that good.

Hanley is a RF/1B waiting to happen.

But there is no doubt Hanley has the better bat...Even if u count his "down" season in 2010.
    Carlos Beltran 2014 Stats:
    33 Games | .307 wOBA | .240 BABIP | 5 HRs | 14 Runs | 15 RBIs

vCash
    When this poll was made I would have voted for Hanley. But Tulo has been raping the NL. He's elite in the field and with the bat. I believe Tulo has overtaken Hanley.

vCash
    And another HR tonight
    Carlos Beltran 2014 Stats:
    33 Games | .307 wOBA | .240 BABIP | 5 HRs | 14 Runs | 15 RBIs

vCash
    Tulo's glove does it for me
    both are great offensively, hanley is probably better there, but defensively wow Tulo is fun to watch

If you guys have a chance to go see the Rockies live, go. Tulo is fun to watch
    amazing glove

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    When this poll was made I would have voted for Hanley. But Tulo has been raping the NL. He's elite in the field and with the bat. I believe Tulo has overtaken Hanley.
    So he has one great month, and he has suddenly overtaken Hanley?

Come on...seriously? I'm not taking ANYTHING away from Tulo; he has been downright sick lately, but by that logic, Tulo is also better than Pujols because he is having one great month.

Props to Mane for the sig.

Like real hip-hop? Visit the PSD hip-hop blog here.

vCash
    A longtime talent evaluator mused about Troy Tulowitzki late on Friday afternoon. "To me, he's the standard right now, for all shortstops," the evaluator said.

"There's nobody better defensively; he should win the Gold Glove. When he gets locked in at the plate, he's just so dangerous because of his power."

Said another scout: "It's like the Rockies have Ray Lewis playing shortstop. He's that kind of player, and leader."

Once Tulowitzki got hot, the Rockies started gaining ground in the NL West, and on Friday, he mashed yet another September home run in his first at-bat (his 12th in 16 games this month). A camera panned the Colorado dugout and caught Huston Street grinning the biggest can-you-believe-this-guy grin.

He did it again.

Most home runs: First 15 games in September
    Player Year Team Home runs
    Troy Tulowitzki 2010 Rockies 11
    Ralph Kiner 1949 Pirates 11
    Frank Thomas 2006 Athletics 10
    Greg Vaughn 1999 Reds 10
    Mark McGwire 1997 Cardinals 10
    Ralph Kiner 1947 Pirates 10
    Hank Greenberg 1946 Tigers 10

There is a great picture of Tulowitzki's home run swing accompanying Troy Renck's game story.

"He wants that pressure," said the talent evaluator. "He wants to be the guy who comes up with runners on base and the game on the line. There are lot of players who say they want that, but they really don't. But he wants that."

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog?...ter&id=5586823

I boldened the important areas. These are the key reasons I would take Tulowitzki over HanRam.
    Suck it

vCash
    Again...one month...ONE month...

Props to Mane for the sig.

Like real hip-hop? Visit the PSD hip-hop blog here.

vCash
    14 home runs in 15 games, that isn't a difference maker in the overall decisions (go and check my previous posts) but WOW.
    Suck it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m26555 View Post
    Again...one month...ONE month...

Except he has always been a team leader, where as, Hanley has always been immature, a detriment to his team, and a selfish player. I really want a guy on the team that doesn't hustle and when he is punished, he goes and bad mouths his coach to the media instead of handling it like a man. I understand he apologized for it after and maybe it was a one time thing but maybe it wasn't. If I have to choose one player to start my team, I would take a leader who can handle pressure, even if he isn't as good. Tulowitzki's deficiencies on offense (if you want to call them that) are outweighed by what he brings to the field on the defensive side and what he brings to the clubhouse. Those are two very important factors.

Also, not the first time Tulowitzki has been clutch, he was known as a clutch performer. He was a huge reason the Rockies even made it to the playoffs in 07. He didn't do well in the playoffs but in the final 58 games of the season, when the Rockies were fighting to get into the playoffs, he drove in 52 runs. That is also when people started noticing him as a gold glove caliber short stop.
    Suck it

vCash
    Hanley being a detriment to the Marlins is one of the most absurd things I've ever read on this forum. And I've read a bunch of absurd things.

All of these arguments for Tulo because he is a leader and has the intangibles are ridiculous. I thought baseball fans moved on from these ideas years ago. I guess not. These are impossible to even calculate, yet you're making arguments based on them.

And baseball is largely an individual sport anyways. Leadership and teamwork only goes so far...

Intangibles. Really? This is why you'd pick Tulo over Hanley? If this is the argument for Tulo then there is no argument. Hanley is the better player.

But luckily there is more to argue than these dumb thoughts.
    Last edited by Driven; 09-19-2010 at 08:52 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast