22 31.43%
  • Hanley Ramirez

48 68.57%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hanley or Tulo?

vCash
    Hanley
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: Disappointing regular season, hoping for good things in 2015.
    Indianapolis Colts: 5-2, Week 8 vs. Steelers
    Dallas Mavericks: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 4-1-0, games this week vs. Toronto, New Jersey, Chicago

vCash
    Han Ram, can't wait until he's a Detroit Tiger next season when DD uses his magicccccc

vCash
    Hanley, he's just more talented.

Besides, his walkup song isn't Party in the USA.

vCash
    I'm sorry but just with Han Ram's speed and the same amount of power as Tulo has it just has to be Han Ram.

vCash
    Hanley, but Tulo's a close second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Holtz Lisp View Post
    If your starting a team and can only choose one which is it?

Both are young athletic and have a world of talent.

I'd take Tulo. Tulo has a cannon and plays good defense, it is a toss up offensively.

Seriously? I mean, seriously?

It's Hanley, and it isn't even close. For one thing, Tulo has A LOT of trouble staying healthy. Also, it's a toss-up offensively? Yeah; Hanley's career OPS of .906 and Tulo's .841, it certainly seems like a toss-up.

Props to Mane for the sig.

Like real hip-hop? Visit the PSD hip-hop blog here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Tulowitzki is better by a wide margin in the field and the bat is close. To me I still would take Tulowitzki but it is not an easy decision.
    Again, how is the bat "close"? .906 to .841 career OPS, and his value at the plate absolutely TRUMPS Tulo's over the course of their careers:

Hanley: 21.7
    Tulo: -6.5

Hanley: 47.9
    Tulo: 10.3

Hanley: 44.6
    Tulo: -9.4

Hanley: 44.2
    Tulo: 27.4

Hanley: 22.1
    Tulo: 17.3

Hanley's bat is STILL more valuable than Tulo's even when he's having an off year. Sorry, but offensively, it isn't even remotely close.

Props to Mane for the sig.

Like real hip-hop? Visit the PSD hip-hop blog here.

vCash
    Hanley, and it's not close.

vCash
    I'll go ahead and join the minority here. I see Hanley needing a position change soon, which would lower his value. It might not be for another 2-3 years, but it is somewhere down the road in the not too distant future. Tulo is the best defensive SS in the NL IMO. I see Hanley's speed decreasing faster than Tulo as well, which will hurt Hanley's effectiveness on the basepaths, his range, and his BABIP. I'm also not sure how his attitude/work ethic will effect him over the next few years.

vCash
    hanley by far he is a far better player, this is his down year but he is consistently elite
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

vCash
    Tulo to me is a winning player give me him 100 outa 100 times he may not have all the same tools but man Tulo just has the it factor to me and he is more of a professional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Tulo to me is a winning player give me him 100 outa 100 times he may not have all the same tools but man Tulo just has the it factor to me and he is more of a professional.
    After reading this, I more strongly believe that Hanley is better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    After reading this, I more strongly believe that Hanley is better.
    Why like i said hanley has more tools but Hanley ramirez is a inmature player while tulo is jeter like. I no the question was who is better but id take tulo even though Hanley has more pure talent. But is not like me saying id rather take ike davis over albert pujols

vCash
    I've got Hanley as a true talent .369 wOBA hitter and Tulo a true talent .354 (park-adjusted). Factor in playing time and Hanley provides about +14 runs over Tulo. Defensively, I've got Hanley at -2 and Tulo at +3- a five run difference in Tulowitzki's favor. Baserunning is essentially a wash; Hanley's a +1 and Tulo a +0. Add in a positional adjustment, and I've got Hanley as a 5.3 Win player. Tulo's at 3.7 WAR.

Talent estimate is based on three years' data, regressed- the gap is about 16 runs based on this estimate, but Tulo was injured in 2008 if I remember right, and his performance was hindered as a result. I'll probably give this another go when the season's over and include a fourth year and regress the defensive numbers towards the Fans' Scouting Report, along with adjustments for situational hitting- but this should serve as a reasonable estimate of where the players are at.

Hanley's the better player, but I don't know if I'd say the difference is substantial. Going forward, Tulowitzki might actually provide the best bang for the buck- Hanley's going to make $57 million over the next four years and Tulowitzki $39 million. I suppose it all depends on how they age and how injuries play a factor.
    My blog- analysis of the San Francisco Giants, Baseball, and Sabermetrics.

vCash
    This is unrelated but wow at Tulo's last 15games, he is destroying my fantasy team :/

15 games, 11 HRs, 27 RBIs(what's the record for a month?), .984 SLG
    Carlos Beltran 2014 Stats:
    33 Games | .307 wOBA | .240 BABIP | 5 HRs | 14 Runs | 15 RBIs

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast