Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • BJ Upton

44 62.86%
  • Jacoby Ellsbury

26 37.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Upton, if he can reach his potential, by a mile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I think both are overrated but I would take Ellsbury. Upton has all the potential in the world but he seems to lack focus, or at least lacks hustle from time to time which drives me nuts.
    This is mainly what I was talking about. He reminds me of Escobar, where he tries to make everything seem so smooth and when he doesnt make the play, it makes him look bad, but Jacoby leaves no room for error, because he busts it on every play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I think both are overrated but I would take Ellsbury. Upton has all the potential in the world but he seems to lack focus, or at least lacks hustle from time to time which drives me nuts.
    This coming from someone with an Ellsbury avatar :P

It's really close, but, I have to say Ellsbury, because Upton does have the habit of giving up on games.

vCash
    It depends on a the team you have..

vCash
    Personally, give me the guy that hustles over the guy with the talent that doesn't seem to care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Personally, give me the guy that hustles over the guy with the talent that doesn't seem to care.
    Ill take the talent. Can't stand the David Ecksteins. Manny Ramirez doesn't give a **** and look at his career

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    upton
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Ellsbury just based on the fact he comes to play every night he isnt going to take a play off
    So this is the REAL reason the Heat traded Beasley
    http://i.imgur.com/ABJ1B.jpg

vCash
    Red Sox fan who voted for Upton
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Upton looked so amazing in the ALCS 2008, but Ellsbury has been more consistent when healthy. And lets not forget that Upton missed playing time last year, so its not like Ellsbury is the only one who hased missed games.

Id go Ellsbury for now because he stole 70 bases last year and thats something special IMO. Besides, Ellsbury hits for a good AVG when healthy..... what has Upton showed us this year? Answer = nothing

vCash
    Jacob only if I knew for sure he isn't injury prone

vCash
    Bj Uptons brother.

vCash
    Upton. Superior defensively and has a much higher upside at the plate, where as Ellsbury will always struggle to maintain an OPS north of .750. Upton's 2007 gives us a peak at what he could be, which is far more valuable than Ellsbury who is essentially a 1 trick pony.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouljahPhil... View Post
    It depends on a the team you have..
    winner....

On a small/mid market team where you may not have the talent level there, I think a Jacoby can make all the difference in the world, where Upton could crack and potentially become a problem. a hustle guy who is balls out all day would shine in Cleveland, while a "natural talent" guy could get frustrated

On an established team where there is no "pressure" to make things happen (NYY, BOS etc) I am taking Upton because all he has to do is show up and play to make a difference. The Manny Ramirez comparison is dead on here.

This does not take into account injury history, service time, or other business issues.

I'm not even ALLOWED in THE ALCS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarniifeX View Post
    35 stolen bases in 42 attempts isn't great base stealing?
    ha, yeah I laughed when I saw that someone said Upton wasn't a great base stealer. He's probably one of the 3-5 best in the AL at it.

Ellsbury's numbers are that of a 4th outfielder. Upton's aren't much better, but his defense takes the cake here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast