Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Hakeem at PF for his career?

When he first came into the league the 7'4" Ralph Sampson was on the team making it where Hakeem can be considered the PF. IF Duncan can be listed as PF, then I see no reason why Hakeem could not. If this is the case, where HAkeem simply played PF for his entire career, would his numbers have been even better? Would he have moved up on the alltime rankings even more so?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    If he had a bona fide star Center playing next to him and not the chimera known as Sampson, he would have scored more points because:

1. He wouldn't have had to grind away at so many big Centers - so more energy for offense.

2. His low post moves along with his mid range jump shot would have tortured most PF's. In that way McHale would have been the best comp in that era. Freak long body for D (and Hakeem was a better athlete easily), and an O that was unguardable. To think that Red scored Parish and McHale for Joe Barry Carrol....

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I believe he would have scored more and rebounded less as a PF rather than a C/F. Rebounding might have dipped minimally though.

vCash
    I think he could have averaged 28 and 14 and 4 at PF.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    I'm not sure it wouldda made much of a difference.

But, Hakeem was only 6'10 which gave him a big quickness advantage over most centers and that is what he used to his advantage a lot of the time. He was defended best by athletic 4s, guys like Shawn Kemp.
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I'm not sure it wouldda made much of a difference.

But, Hakeem was only 6'10 which gave him a big quickness advantage over most centers and that is what he used to his advantage a lot of the time. He was defended best by athletic 4s, guys like Shawn Kemp.
    You don't think his numbers go up?
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    You don't think his numbers go up?
    Like I said, Hakeem was usually more effectively defended by 4s. His advantage over 5s was his speed, quickness, and smaller size. Occasionally a 4 was able to neutralize that and made him work more.
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Like I said, Hakeem was usually more effectively defended by 4s. His advantage over 5s was his speed, quickness, and smaller size. Occasionally a 4 was able to neutralize that and made him work more.
    The only guy who used to dominate was Kemp on Hakeem.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    That post was months ago and what he said is still true from what I remember of an older Hakeem. You citing Kemp (who is a 4) only helps his argument.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    That post was months ago and what he said is still true from what I remember of an older Hakeem. You citing Kemp (who is a 4) only helps his argument.
    I know I was just stating that Kemp was the only PF who I could say got the best of Hakeem in a series.
    - Michael Jordan