Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    lol, I know your joking but give it time. If you continue like this, you should see some results in a month.
    Really, I'm only half-joking. I'm a truly impatient bastard.

Anyway...I happened to bump into my sister at the store, and she was completely shocked to not only see me in the produce section, but actually purchasing produce. She's literally known me for all her life and has built up a strong immunity to my shenanigans, so to be able to stun her like that was a nice bonus. She recommended that I add yogurt to my newfound healthyishness. So I bought some, and since it didn't taste horrible, I can probably stick with that.

For the last few days, I've only had 1 "meal" a day, that being 2 tilapia fillets at like 3-4oz apiece. Everything else has been what I'd call snacks....apple, banana, peach, a yogurt, or a couple handfuls of trail mix (peanuts/cashews/almonds/raisins/M&Ms), and I'm trying to get 4-5 of those "snacks" in a day.

I have no idea how many situps or pushups I'm doing in a day. I just do some until I can't do anymore, and repeat that as many times I can fit into a given day. I haven't even used those weights I got yet.

I think tomorrow I'm going to go for 2 miles when I go for my walk. Not sure if it will really speed things up that much, but like I said, I'm impatient.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    Really, I'm only half-joking. I'm a truly impatient bastard.

Anyway...I happened to bump into my sister at the store, and she was completely shocked to not only see me in the produce section, but actually purchasing produce. She's literally known me for all her life and has built up a strong immunity to my shenanigans, so to be able to stun her like that was a nice bonus. She recommended that I add yogurt to my newfound healthyishness. So I bought some, and since it didn't taste horrible, I can probably stick with that.

For the last few days, I've only had 1 "meal" a day, that being 2 tilapia fillets at like 3-4oz apiece. Everything else has been what I'd call snacks....apple, banana, peach, a yogurt, or a couple handfuls of trail mix (peanuts/cashews/almonds/raisins/M&Ms), and I'm trying to get 4-5 of those "snacks" in a day.

I have no idea how many situps or pushups I'm doing in a day. I just do some until I can't do anymore, and repeat that as many times I can fit into a given day. I haven't even used those weights I got yet.

I think tomorrow I'm going to go for 2 miles when I go for my walk. Not sure if it will really speed things up that much, but like I said, I'm impatient.

Always remember, something is better than nothing. So the 2 mile walk will definitely be helpful.

The two 4oz Tilapia Fillets are roughly 18-20 grams each so you consumed 40 grams in that one meal. That was a good choice for a meal, the snacks you are using are great. I'm just concerned you are not getting in enough protein in your day. Again, I know you're not trying to hulk up, but protein is still an essential part of a balanced diet.

Yogurt is fine to snack on, just be careful because some yogurts contain an insane amount of calories! You can also try low sugar pudding snacks as well.

So what was the produce that you picked up?
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Apples, bananas, and peaches. Or does fruit not count as produce?

Not a big fan of the peaches. I'll have to try something else next time, which is probably going to be in another day or two. I have a paranoia about fruit going bad, so I'm just buying a little bit at a time.

vCash
    Apples, bananas, and peaches. Or does fruit not count as produce?

Not a big fan of the peaches. I'll have to try something else next time, which is probably going to be in another day or two. I have a paranoia about fruit going bad, so I'm just buying a little bit at a time.
    Have you tried Cantaloupe or Honey Dew?

vCash
    I might have had some cantaloupe before. Sounds familiar, but I don't remember for sure.

So...this lack of protein you were talking about. Just eat more fish?

vCash
    I might have had some cantaloupe before. Sounds familiar, but I don't remember for sure.

So...this lack of protein you were talking about. Just eat more fish?
    Yes, Fish has a good source of protein and essential oils for fat loss. Two 4oz Fillets per meal is great!

If you can do that for 3 meals and snack for the other 3, you should be fine

vCash
    Yes, Fish has a good source of protein and essential oils for fat loss. Two 4oz Fillets per meal is great!

If you can do that for 3 meals and snack for the other 3, you should be fine
    What about chicken?

Cause I've been having a hankering for a sackful of Buffalo Snackers from KFC, and I make some pretty goddamned excellent chicken fajitas with my Magic Dust.

I mean, I like the fish, but I'm not sure I can eat that much of it without growing really sick of it fairly soon.

vCash
    What about chicken?

Cause I've been having a hankering for a sackful of Buffalo Snackers from KFC, and I make some pretty goddamned excellent chicken fajitas with my Magic Dust.

I mean, I like the fish, but I'm not sure I can eat that much of it without growing really sick of it fairly soon.
    I hear ya, repetitive eating habits become dull and boring, just look at my first meal of the day, everyday in the snack thread.

Chicken is great as well, it's what you add to it that makes it not so good for you. The buffalo snackers are wrapped in breading and a sweet sauce, that's a fair amount of carbs and calories that you really don't need. Grilled of baked chicken is the way to go. Get yourself a low calorie sauce if you need to dip the chicken in something. Chicken fajitas are fine providing you are using whole wheat or spinach wraps

vCash
    I hear ya, repetitive eating habits become dull and boring, just look at my first meal of the day, everyday in the snack thread.

Chicken is great as well, it's what you add to it that makes it not so good for you. The buffalo snackers are wrapped in breading and a sweet sauce, that's a fair amount of carbs and calories that you really don't need. Grilled of baked chicken is the way to go. Get yourself a low calorie sauce if you need to dip the chicken in something. Chicken fajitas are fine providing you are using whole wheat or spinach wraps
    I don't need to dip the chicken in anything. I cut it up into strips/chunks, then marinade it for a day and cook it on my flat stovetop. 1/4 cup EVOO, 1/4 lemon juice, and 5-6 tablespoons of this stuff = Amazing. I never bothered to care if it was healthy before, the only thing that mattered was how awesome it is.

I can't fathom using spinach in anything, but I could give whole wheat wraps a try.

vCash
    2 miles in roughly 35-40 minutes. I haven't felt this wiped in a long damn time. I may die.

And if I don't die, I'm going to have to spend at least half a day locating a new pair of shoes. It's near-impossible to find a place that carries shoes not only big enough to fit my ski-feet, but also don't look like complete ****. My current pair is probably 6-7 years old now (if that gives you any idea how much I HATE buying shoes), and I don't think they can hold up to this kind of use much longer.

vCash
    Look up Asics or New Balance sneakers. They are designed for comfort and keep overweight people in mind with their design

vCash
    2 miles in roughly 35-40 minutes. I haven't felt this wiped in a long damn time. I may die.

And if I don't die, I'm going to have to spend at least half a day locating a new pair of shoes. It's near-impossible to find a place that carries shoes not only big enough to fit my ski-feet, but also don't look like complete ****. My current pair is probably 6-7 years old now (if that gives you any idea how much I HATE buying shoes), and I don't think they can hold up to this kind of use much longer.
    I'd say it's definitely time to buy some new shoes. I hate it as much as the next guy but I find myslef having to buy new shoes about every 4-6 months. I'm on my 2nd pair already this year. It sucks big time having to spend between $60-$100+ but you have to take care of your feet.

I agree with Stamina about what brands to buy. I just bought a pair of New Balance a few weeks ago. There are specialty athletic stores you can go to where they can measure your feet and some other stuff and then recommend a type of shoe. You can also try them out on a treadmill or outside, depends on the place.

vCash
    http://reviews.macys.com/7129/335655...ws/reviews.htm

These are my shoes, and theyre awesome. I can go with them anywhere. To the gym, school, anywhere.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Where is YNH by the way? Did he give up

vCash
    Hey YNH, check out the PSD Biggest Loser thread when you get a chance.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast