Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    I don't know how anyone can find time to eat 6-7 different meals in a day though. There's days I literally eat nothing but a small bag of chips and a couple handfuls of trail mix, simply because I'm too busy to stop to eat anything else. It's part of the reason I eat large meals when I can, because who knows when I'll be able to really eat again....
    This is the part that I find difficult as well, and I think it is what is holding me back. Its just too hard for me to do while working a full day.

vCash
    It's kind of weird to see some serious YNH posts .

There are multiple workouts you can do as well YNH that require no weights at all.
    Situps, Pushups, Lunges, crunches, shadow boxing.

I tried finding an ab routine I have online that works really well. Its actually like a chick thing but the ab routine is tough as hell. Its called Debbie Sims "Slim in 6". I love it

vCash
    I don't know how anyone can find time to eat 6-7 different meals in a day though. There's days I literally eat nothing but a small bag of chips and a couple handfuls of trail mix, simply because I'm too busy to stop to eat anything else. It's part of the reason I eat large meals when I can, because who knows when I'll be able to really eat again....
    I didn't quote your entire post because I will address all your concerns.

We are not trying to hulk you up, we are giving you advice on how to lose weight/fat effectively since you aren't capable of doing intense cardio understand?

Cutting beer for about a month while on a proper diet will aid in kick starting the fat burning. I'm not saying to totally quit drinking, just put it on hold for now. Remember, we all have to sacrifice something to gain something else.

Now if you are able to do a cardio program 4-5 times a week then I wouldn't tell you to cut beer completely for a month, i would just make the recommendation to cut back one or 2 beers a day/week depending on your frequency.

As for the 6-7 meals part, yes, I totally agree it is a difficult challenge but it is far from impossible. Just yesterday I only got in 4 meals for the day but 4 meals is still better than the 1 meal you sometimes have per day. Don't look at meals like they are a sit down diner where you have steak, mashed w/gravy and peas to go along with it. Meals can be liquid or small solid foods that are high in protein.

If you were to pick up some protein drinks (whether a tub or pre-mixed drinks) you can use those as meal replacements. It takes less than a minute to chug 30-40 grams of protein and that is considered one meal.

Acid reflux is an issue but I believe GNC or Vitamin Shoppe sells a pill that you take daily that aids in the prevention of acid reflux, let me get back to you on that one as I would need more specifics on the actual product.

Lastly, your body naturally stores fat because it currently believes the next meals will be hours upon hours away, so what it does is store as much fat as it can when you do eat so it can feed itself until the next meal. The more meals you intake per day, the less fat the body will need to store because it will now know meals are coming more frequently.

This is why I (and everyone else) says having a proper diet is the key. If you just ate right alone with no cardio, you can drop weight, just not as much as in having a cardio program to go along with it.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    It's kind of weird to see some serious YNH posts .

There are multiple workouts you can do as well YNH that require no weights at all.
    Situps, Pushups, Lunges, crunches, shadow boxing.

I tried finding an ab routine I have online that works really well. Its actually like a chick thing but the ab routine is tough as hell. Its called Debbie Sims "Slim in 6". I love it
    Debbie Does Cardio

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    Debbie Does Cardio
    I know she does cardio but that ab routine is tough

vCash
    Lastly, your body naturally stores fat because it currently believes the next meals will be hours upon hours away, so what it does is store as much fat as it can when you do eat so it can feed itself until the next meal. The more meals you intake per day, the less fat the body will need to store because it will now know meals are coming more frequently.
    Seriously? My body is a ****ing idiot.

And I would absolutely be willing to do like 20-30 situps a day in exchange for my continued daily intake of a 6-pack. (I used to drink a hell of a lot more, but it's both hard to find the time and when I actually get *********, I really want a cigarette, so I simply don't get ********* anymore.)

The different definitions we have of "meals" changes things a bit. I can usually find time to snack on little stuff throughout the day, I guess I just need to change what I'm snacking on.

Oh, and for an idea of just how miserable my current physical condition is....I was only able to do 18.5 pushups earlier today before pretty much dying. I say 18.5 because if I had been able to push myself up that last time, it would have been 19. But I couldn't. I had to lie there on my face for a while, ruthlessly calling myself a complete piece of **** for a few minutes, before I could actually get up.

vCash
    I know it's depressing, but we've all been there at one point or another in our lives. Keep at it YNH! Don't give up!!!!

vCash
    You'll need a helluva lot more than 20-30 sit ups if you wanna make up for a daily intake of a 6 pack of beer.

...These figures are taken at a twelve ounce scale. It is not a very popular beer. Of course, the most popular beer runs along the midline somewhere between 140 and 180 calories for every 12 ounce serving. In some cases, this is more than a Hershey Bar. On average, most men consume between 4 and 8 beers every time they partake. Very few men choose to have just one with dinner or after work. This means that an evening of beer drinking often costs men between 560 calories (thatís a Big Mac and a soda) and 960 calories (thatís an entire pizza plus a Big Mac, with a little room left over for that Hershey Bar.) This is a significant amount of calories for anyone, but especially for men who do not have the time to work out. Daily.
    Read up: http://www.professorshouse.com/food-...s-in-beer.aspx

With a 6 pack of beers, you may consume up to around 800 calories.

Sit ups:

Actual Calories Burned in Sit-ups
    Bend at the knee sit-ups burn approximately five calories per minute when done continuously at a fairly vigorous rate. The abdominal muscles tire fairly rapidly, so it is unlikely that a person will do more than a few minutes of intense, continuous sit-ups. Consequently, sit-ups are not the best option for calorie burning. Doing cardio activities such as walking and swimming are much more efficient options.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/11...-doing-situps/

Let's say it took you 5 minutes to do the 30 sit ups. . That's 25 calories burned. You still pretty much drank 775 calories with those beers. And since you have to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight, you likely won't have much success and since you give up easily, you will be discouraged and you'll keep stacking the lbs. SMARTEN UP!

vCash
    And don't worry about the push ups. I sucked horribly at them even when i wasn't so fat.
    But anyway, practice makes perfect. Be persistent and you will succeed!

vCash
    YNH, what types of fruits and veggies do you like?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    YNH, what types of fruits and veggies do you like?
    Heh....that's a hell of a question.

Strawberries are excellent, especially with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and a naked chick.
    I like certain types of apples, the sweeter the better.
    About once a year I eat a banana.
    I like watermelon, but I don't remember the last time I ate some that wasn't vodka-infused.

Beyond that....nothing else comes to mind.

vCash
    Heh....that's a hell of a question.

Strawberries are excellent, especially with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and a naked chick.
    I like certain types of apples, the sweeter the better.
    About once a year I eat a banana.
    I like watermelon, but I don't remember the last time I ate some that wasn't vodka-infused.

Beyond that....nothing else comes to mind.
    NO to all bolded text!

vCash
    i see a lot of good advise her, but one of the biggest things i see at my gym is people who quickly loose motivation after they realize how hard it really is to eat right and workout. yes, it will take a long time, but its well worth it.

what i always tell myself is how bad do i want it. its help me a lot.

and if you do ever weight lift, dont do a lot of arm, but instead focus mostly on core muscles, especially legs. i do arm about once every 2 weeks and thats all you need.

vCash
    NO to all bolded text!
    Ummm...

So does that mean don't eat bananas at all, or eat them more than once a year?

vCash
    Ummm...

So does that mean don't eat bananas at all, or eat them more than once a year?
    lol, once a day is more like it. It is a natural dieretic food that should boost your digestive process thus, send you to the bathroom more often.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast