Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lazy man's workout with no equipment

I've pretty much become a fat piece of **** over the past year or so. Not obese, just fat.

While I've decided I don't want to be a fat piece of **** any longer, I'm also an epically lazy bastard. Just watching the infomercial for that P90X stuff knocked the wind out of me.

I will also become discouraged and quit if I don't see some quick results.

And I'm not going to go out and spend any kind of money on equipment that could very easily end up collecting dust in the near future.

So I need something that's easy, quick, effective, and requires no gear.

Where do I find that?

vCash
    Plenty of things you could do in your house that you probably won't need to buy anything for.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    If you have shoes(rare commodity, I know)...you can go running. You will burn calories quickly while doing so and 20 minutes of running a day will instantly increase your metabolism.

Also, changing your diet and cutting out fatty and processed foods, sugars, excess carbs and replacing them with leaner cuts of meat, natural food and carbs charged with with vitamins will help.

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    eat healthy and do leg lifts when you lying on couch and pushups when you can.
    and run your *** up the stairs.

vCash
    grab a knife and cut off your fat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    grab a knife and cut off your fat
    Second time. Chill on the off-topic / joke posts here.

Posters want legitimate help and answers, don't make a mockery of it.

YNH, something you can easily start with is jumping rope, push up / sit up routines, and a good diet. Losing fat is easiest with a healthier diet and cardio workouts.

If you own a bike, I would suggest taking it out and going for a bike ride a few times a week just to stay active as well.

vCash
    Eat less, more times.
    Eat an apple or more/day along with other raw veggies/fruits.
    DRINK ONLY WATER! Unless it's a Powerade Zero or something of that sort.

Do 20 sit ups every commercial you see on tv. Work on your core, and legs most of all. (That's when i saw the most weight come off)

Start off walking a mile/day. (3-4 blocks maybe?)
    For a week. Then speed walk that same mile the next.
    (You will feel stronger) so by the 3rd week you can start jogging that mile.
    4th week, you can jog a another 2 blocks if you'd like.
    After the first month, running should come relatively easy.

Bikes are great if you want to lose weight and they're fun. If you have one, use it.
    If you have a pool at your house or near you, SWIM! It's also fun and it's a complete workout. If you need any tips on swimming activities, talk to MetsLegacy.

Also, if you buy dumbbells, (20-35 lbs) you have everything you need. There's soooo many things you can do with them. Just remember to do high rep, low weight, real short rest between sets. (3-4 sets)
    (Like today, for example, i used a 60 lb straight bar to do preacher curls (just use 2 20-30 lbs dumbbells instead of the straight bar) and i did 40 reps. But i spaced them like this:
    You do 20 slow, isolated reps, and rest for 3 seconds. Then you do 5 more reps, and rest for another 3 seconds, then 5 reps-3 seconds, 5 reps-3 seconds, and on the last 5, go real slow and focus on the form and on isolating the bicep.)

vCash
    As big guy mentioned, eat less portions but increase the meals per day. Since you've made it clear you get discouraged easily, how about just starting off with changing your eating habits and diet. This way, there is very little to get discouraged over.

If you want some dieting tips such as what types of foods to eat and how often, let us know.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    As big guy mentioned, eat less portions but increase the meals per day. Since you've made it clear you get discouraged easily, how about just starting off with changing your eating habits and diet. This way, there is very little to get discouraged over.

If you want some dieting tips such as what types of foods to eat and how often, let us know.
    Right now, I eat an entire frozen pizza or giant steak in a sitting, or something roughly equivalent in terms of filling my fat stomach up. That's pretty much my only "meal" in a day. Other than that, I snack on doritos and beef jerky a few times throughout the day. I drink beer and ice tea all day, pretty much a 50/50 split there.

I don't remember the last time I ate anything that could be considered a fruit or vegetable, unless a baked potato counts.

I've got bad knees from high school baseball, so I'm hesitant to do any running, and I let my folks sell my old bike in a yard sale earlier this year. Walking might not be bad, but it's probably not going to get any farther than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    While I've decided I don't want to be a fat piece of **** any longer, I'm also an epically lazy bastard. Just watching the infomercial for that P90X stuff knocked the wind out of me.

I will also become discouraged and quit if I don't see some quick results.

And I'm not going to go out and spend any kind of money on equipment that could very easily end up collecting dust in the near future.

So I need something that's easy, quick, effective, and requires no gear.

Where do I find that?
    I do P90X and love it and it really does not take very much by way of equipment. After buying the DVD's the rest of the equipment it costs very little to get started. I bought a pull up bar and push up stands at Dick's Sporting goods for like 40 bucks. And a set of cheap dumbbells at Walmart for like 20 bucks. If you are able to swing that and start and do the program following the nutrition plan you will see results VERY quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    Right now, I eat an entire frozen pizza or giant steak in a sitting, or something roughly equivalent in terms of filling my fat stomach up. That's pretty much my only "meal" in a day. Other than that, I snack on doritos and beef jerky a few times throughout the day. I drink beer and ice tea all day, pretty much a 50/50 split there.

I don't remember the last time I ate anything that could be considered a fruit or vegetable, unless a baked potato counts.

I've got bad knees from high school baseball, so I'm hesitant to do any running, and I let my folks sell my old bike in a yard sale earlier this year. Walking might not be bad, but it's probably not going to get any farther than that.
    If you want to see any kind of results really quickly you have to change that diet. Cutting that steak up and spreading it out through the day if that is what you wish to eat would help. Smaller meals more frequently would keep your metabolism going throughout the day. Moderating the amount of frozen pizza you eat would also help without looking at the nutritional content I will still guess that it isn't the most healthy. If you want to continue eating an entire frozen pizza try limiting that to once a week. If you can start eating 4-5 meals a day (3 normal meals and 2 smaller snacks through out the day) that damage of that full frozen pizza would be far less than if you eat it on a daily or every other day basis.

Do you like trail mix at all? If so mixing up a big batch of trail mix would be much more healthy than your current snacks. Moving away from the high salt content food like what you said you normally eat will help almost immediately in losing weight with any type of physical activity be it walking or whatever.

I guess what I am trying to get across is without a fairly drastic change to your diet no amount of excercise is going to give you the fast changes you are seeking. Without cutting the high fat, high sodium content food the changes you seek just are not going to come. Drinking beer on a daily basis is further slowing your metabolism on a daily basis compounding the unhealthy food you are eating. Just moving your beer consumption to just weekends would help and replacing that with water would be a huge help. Not sure what beer you drink but moving towards more crafted beer versus a bud light or miller light would also help. Generally the crafted beers are made with much better ingredients than the mass produced stuff.

Also with your knees if you did pick up P90X you can modify the **** out of the moves to accommodate for your knees. Doing your best on each move would go a long way in strengthening the ligaments and muscles around your knee effectively strengthening it. But I will admit that it is an investment in just getting the DVD's. If you decided to go that route I would only order them from beachbody.com. There are a ton of pirated copies out there that usually end up being complete garbage effectively wasting what you spent on them.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    You definatly have to change your eating habits. A steak as your only meal and then snacks all day is not healthy. What you need to do is break down your meals into many different smaller meals. And obviously eat healthy. You will see more results that way.

For excersise despite you being lazy, non commited, not willinging to spend money and injured in the knees, you can still do something very good for cardio. Swim(MetsLegacy Loves me right now) If you join some sort of swim club and go often you can lose weight and become more lean and fit. Of course you will need to change your diet to do so. You really wont accomplish anything unless you change that.

How much are you looking to lose as well?

vCash
    If you have a pool go swimming its fun and an awesome workout but other than that yeah just run, pushups, situps the usual. You could do body weight squats and things of that nature as well
    Limitations are for people that have them, and excuses are for people that need them.

vCash
    Yeah I don't want to sound repetitive because everyone is addressing your diet already, but here are a couple of suggestions.

1. Cut back on eating Steak:

My reason for saying this is because red meats can take up to 2 weeks to be completely broken down and digested through the body. If you can, cut Steak completely for a minimum of one month.

2. Eat more Fish:

Not sure if you are a fish fan (not the Miami Dolphins either) but high is high in protein, essential fatty acids, oils to support your digestive enzymes, low carbs. If you need dipping sauce, then use a low fat sauce.

3. Replace Doritos with Fruits & Veggies:

Find fruits that you actually like and start eating them in portions. Same goes for veggies.

4. Stop the Beer!:

Beer is one of your biggest downfalls period! I know for some people cutting beer is a no no but if you are really serious about losing weight/fat without spending money then this has to be done. Or at least cut beer for a month or 2 so you can see results.

5. Add Almonds:

Add almonds to your diet, it has a decent helping of protein in it plus aids in fat loss

6. Add Green Tea:

No sure if you are a tea drinker, I don't think you are but green diet is a natural diuretic supplement that will help kick start your fat burning process

7. Swap out Sugar for Splenda:

I'm only adding this because I listed Green Tea, sugar is another no no, switch to Splenda, it may take a little getting used to but it's a no cal,no carb sweetener and it tastes way better than sweet and low or the other brand IMO (i forgot the name of the other brand)

8. Ration your meals:

Small portioned meals, 6-7 times a day. Any steak above 9oz is too much for one meal. That should be broken down into 2 meals IMO

I don't know your specs such as age, height & weight because you didn't list it but you should prolly aim for 40-50 grams of protein per meal

9. Cut back on Carbs:

Stop eating potatoes, white rice, floury meals such as burritos, no fast food chain restaurants anymore, no doritos, no fried foods either. Baked Chicken > Fried Chicken

10. Add in some Protein:

A protein shake or 2 per day will definitely help! The more protein you consume per day (not per meal!) will shed stored body fat.

11. Don't get discouraged!!!:

Life in itself is a challenge, weight loss is as well, if you want something bad enough, you will work hard to achieve it!

Hope this was helpful, best of luck to you!!
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    You can do it dude, i've had so many injuries to myself yet i still find a way to get in some exercise because i don't wanna be a fat slob anymore!
    Bad knees, find an alternative like swimming or walking. If you walk 1+ miles/day you'll lose weight. Mark my words.
    Also, you really, REEEAAAALLLYYY need to change your diet. Follow what Stam said.
    You should make your own fitness/diet log on here like many of us have. It'll help alot. There you can post your bio (Height, weight, age, weakness, fitness background)
    So there you can post your workouts or fitness activity and diet for everyday.
    If you keep posting here, you'll feel alot more motivated, believe me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    Yeah I don't want to sound repetitive because everyone is addressing your diet already, but here are a couple of suggestions.

1. Cut back on eating Steak:

My reason for saying this is because red meats can take up to 2 weeks to be completely broken down and digested through the body. If you can, cut Steak completely for a minimum of one month.

2. Eat more Fish:

Not sure if you are a fish fan (not the Miami Dolphins either) but high is high in protein, essential fatty acids, oils to support your digestive enzymes, low carbs. If you need dipping sauce, then use a low fat sauce.

3. Replace Doritos with Fruits & Veggies:

Find fruits that you actually like and start eating them in portions. Same goes for veggies.

4. Stop the Beer!:

Beer is one of your biggest downfalls period! I know for some people cutting beer is a no no but if you are really serious about losing weight/fat without spending money then this has to be done. Or at least cut beer for a month or 2 so you can see results.

5. Add Almonds:

Add almonds to your diet, it has a decent helping of protein in it plus aids in fat loss

6. Add Green Tea:

No sure if you are a tea drinker, I don't think you are but green diet is a natural diuretic supplement that will help kick start your fat burning process

7. Swap out Sugar for Splenda:

I'm only adding this because I listed Green Tea, sugar is another no no, switch to Splenda, it may take a little getting used to but it's a no cal,no carb sweetener and it tastes way better than sweet and low or the other brand IMO (i forgot the name of the other brand)

8. Ration your meals:

Small portioned meals, 6-7 times a day. Any steak above 9oz is too much for one meal. That should be broken down into 2 meals IMO

I don't know your specs such as age, height & weight because you didn't list it but you should prolly aim for 40-50 grams of protein per meal

9. Cut back on Carbs:

Stop eating potatoes, white rice, floury meals such as burritos, no fast food chain restaurants anymore, no doritos, no fried foods either. Baked Chicken > Fried Chicken

10. Add in some Protein:

A protein shake or 2 per day will definitely help! The more protein you consume per day (not per meal!) will shed stored body fat.

11. Don't get discouraged!!!:

Life in itself is a challenge, weight loss is as well, if you want something bad enough, you will work hard to achieve it!

Hope this was helpful, best of luck to you!!

Thanks, but in all honesty, I'm really not looking to turn my body into a temple or get all Lou Ferrigno'ed. So when you say to cut beer completely out, just know that ain't gonna happen. I loves my beer too damn much.

That said, I quit smoking last October and haven't touched a single cigarette since, so I am very capable of accomplishing a difficult goal once I decide to do it. And I've decided I no longer want the stomach of a woman that's 6 months pregnant.

I don't own a scale, and can't remember the last time I stepped on one, but if I was to make a reasonable guess, I'd figure I'm in the 250-260lb range. I'm 6'3", so my weight used to spread out pretty well until it started all collecting around the middle. Back when I was just out of high school, I was the same height and weighed 180, and I was rock climbing, hiking, and camping pretty much every weekend. At this point, I'm not looking to go quite that far, but knocking 40-50 pounds off my gut and maybe having a hint or two of muscle tone would be nice.

I actually like fish quite a bit. I've got a big box of individually-packaged tilapia fillets in the freezer. I usually eat 3 or 4 for a meal, but with the whole smaller and more frequent meals idea, I could scale that back to 1 at a time. I put some of my Magic Dust on it before cooking, and I need no dipping sauces.

I try like all hell to avoid fast food, because I like to eat food that tastes good. I don't eat much fried foods either, aside from deep fried twinkies. And even those are only a couple times a year. I prefer grilled over fried every time.

I drink a LOT of tea, but just regular old brown(?) tea. With what you would probably consider crazy amounts of sugar, about 2 cups per pitcher. I likes my sweet tea almost as much as I like my beer. I could try to switch over to green tea.

I can do almonds, though I prefer cashews. Trail mix is also a winner, I snack on that stuff already.

I'll look into some fruits and vegetables, but I've had bad luck in the past with things disagreeing with my acid reflux. Oranges and other citrusy-type stuff are completely out of the question.

I don't know how anyone can find time to eat 6-7 different meals in a day though. There's days I literally eat nothing but a small bag of chips and a couple handfuls of trail mix, simply because I'm too busy to stop to eat anything else. It's part of the reason I eat large meals when I can, because who knows when I'll be able to really eat again....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast