Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TOP 5 rookies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatoo View Post
    With that .360 BABIP? Nty.
    Yet Buster who you named had a higher BABIP? But thats ok I guess.

I wouldn't be shocked if Starlin always has a rather high BABIP for his career. He's already posted a 2.1 WAR. His numbers since the all star break are insane.

I think Strasburg has amazing potential. But to have him on your top 5 rookies before casto I don't really understand. He's already been hurt twice. And I wouldn't be shocked if he always has arm problems with his terrible arm slot. I wish I could find the article that had him with the same arm slot as Carpenter, Prior, Wood, Burnett and a few others. Although his 2.6 WAR already is very very impressive.

I see where you are coming from. Maybe I value Starlin more being a Cubs fan. But with MLB love of Batting average and other Raw stats, I will not be shocked if he gets ROY or at least runner up.
    Last edited by Rndy; 08-24-2010 at 01:42 AM.

vCash
    This is tough due to the fact that there are a lot of solid rookies in the league this year.

Garcia
    Posey
    Stanton
    Heyward
    Strasburg

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatoo View Post
    With that .360 BABIP? Nty.
    Yeah I don't see him maintaining that high of a BABIP, but I definitely could see it hovering around .330 or so. He has a lot of speed and hits the ball hard.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rndy69 View Post
    Yet Buster who you named had a higher BABIP? But thats ok I guess.

I wouldn't be shocked if Starlin always has a rather high BABIP for his career. He's already posted a 2.1 WAR. His numbers since the all star break are insane.

I think Strasburg has amazing potential. But to have him on your top 5 rookies before casto I don't really understand. He's already been hurt twice. And I wouldn't be shocked if he always has arm problems with his terrible arm slot. I wish I could find the article that had him with the same arm slot as Carpenter, Prior, Wood, Burnett and a few others. Although his 2.6 WAR already is very very impressive.

I see where you are coming from. Maybe I value Starlin more being a Cubs fan. But with MLB love of Batting average and other Raw stats, I will not be shocked if he gets ROY or at least runner up.
    They have almost identical BABIPs where as Posey has a higher OBP SLG and ISO and wOBA in a pitchers friendly ballpark. Besides not like he was first on my list anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoggin88 View Post
    Yeah I don't see him maintaining that high of a BABIP, but I definitely could see it hovering around .330 or so. He has a lot of speed and hits the ball hard.
    I can see that as well, I think he could be a great top 5 SS, and it is rare that you find a 20 year old player that contributes right away at the major league level, I just think he is a shade below those other rookies.

vCash
    Madison Bumgarner should get some recognition here.

vCash
    Gaby Sanchez has had as good as numbers as any of the other rookies. This years ROY will be tougher than the one in 2006.

HEAT
    Spurs
    Marlins
    Dolphins
    Eagles
    Gators

vCash
    I like Sanchez a lot.
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    Heyward isn't really that good, yes he hits and has speed but thats all you can say about him. Stanton is much better with more value to his squad. And why is this only NL top 5 rookies? lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    LOL at no mention of ike davis. the guy has just as many homers as heyward. and his average is at .250 bc of a terrible slump. but he was at .270 most of the season. he has insane power in the biggest field in the majors. he is already a gold glove caliber first baseman. and he has 4 walk off hits.
    Well his slump probably is going to make his average stay that low cause I dont see him getting hot at all for the rest of this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Algmuskrats View Post
    Heyward isn't really that good, yes he hits and has speed but thats all you can say about him. Stanton is much better with more value to his squad. And why is this only NL top 5 rookies? lol
    Having the 10th highest walk rate in all of baseball implies he can only hit?

Stanton's OBP is .318, Heyward's is .380. The advantage in power by Stanton doesn't make him more valuable.

vCash
    Gaby Sanchez's stats:
    .289 15HR's 69RBI's .352OBP

Has an RBI in 7 straight games.

1st in BA, RBI, 2B's, hits, SLG.
    2nd in runs, homers, OBP,

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting...Avg/order/true

HEAT
    Spurs
    Marlins
    Dolphins
    Eagles
    Gators

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantes4Life View Post
    Having the 10th highest walk rate in all of baseball implies he can only hit?

Stanton's OBP is .318, Heyward's is .380. The advantage in power by Stanton doesn't make him more valuable.
    True, I agree with you there. Heyward will have the better future but this season, I just think Stanton will win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
    Gaby Sanchez has had as good as numbers as any of the other rookies. This years ROY will be tougher than the one in 2006.
    I like Sanchez and think he is the front runner in the ROY as of right now. As a Braves fan I don't see how Heyward is going to win it unless he does on a torrid pace to end the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Algmuskrats View Post
    True, I agree with you there. Heyward will have the better future but this season, I just think Stanton will win.
    Stanton's not even the best rookie on his team, infact, he may not even be 2nd or 3rd best at this point.

Gaby Sanchez and Logan Morrison have been phenomenal and Alex Sanabia has been pitching really well for us. Stanton has been hot and cold. hit and miss since being called up

HEAT
    Spurs
    Marlins
    Dolphins
    Eagles
    Gators

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast