Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Do The Yankees Make A Player Better Than What They Are?

I was thinking, do the yankees make players better then what they are. A good example is melky cabrera, only one that comes to mind.

Anyone agrees?
    Mention other players.

No i don't. I jsut think the yankees get more attention so when u see a mediocre player make a few good plays it seems like hes better then he is. Melky was never good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hitting in that line up would make anyone better.

Quote Originally Posted by sixers247 View Post
    No i don't. I jsut think the yankees get more attention so when u see a mediocre player make a few good plays it seems like hes better then he is. Melky was never good.
    Hater

I think they make a player out to be better than they really are. Which is always good for trade value. The lineup protection and now ball park also have to help.

do I think the team actually makes the players better? no. do I think that the team's fans/broadcasters make a player out to be better than what he is? yes

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

melky cabrera sucked when he was a yankee, so no
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

im a red sox fan so ima get hammered for this

i think there was something going on between around 98-04 in that front office or scouting department that really failed them

the yankees used to bring up great players through their farm jeter...posada...mariano...andy....paul o'neil etc and it seems when they were dominating baseball in the 90s and early 2000 they stopped scouting and stopped tryin to develop players because they were already winning they had a young core (at the time) and were just taking every free agent off the market

i know the yankees were in the world series in 2003 but it seems after the red sox won it in 04 they have put more into their farm/player development all of a sudden yankee farm names were sticking around and were on the come up then just easily traded for a 40 year old randy johnson or who ever they decided.....so far well see how much better that farm grew cano is a STUD but joba/hughes/ian kennedy/and the great kei igawa have had their ups and downs but none of them are stars....it seems the light bulb for hughes was starting to go on in the BEGINING of the season but he felll hard i havent heard from him in forever joba is a bum dont get me started on him and the other 2 were horrible i know they got that montero kid for all accounts (from what i have heard) he is a horrible fielder but a great hitter well see what happens when he comes up to the show

so the yankees have historically in the past made them better but i think something happened between their run of dominance to the red sox winning it in 04 put a new found light on their farm and to emphasize their farm system

First Sim League Title!

Well melky was a lot better last year...at least serviceable you know?

The yankees mainly overpay players to make sure they stay with them. Ie: Jeter, Burnett, CC, Arod and a few others are all making 5-10 million more than they would with any other team. I would say about 50 million of the yankees payroll is a complete deadzone of wasted money. The yanks dont need to pay players this much more than other teams...who doesn't want to play in NY anyway. They could get almost any player by paying the same amount as another team, or 1-2 million more.

Derek Jeter personally makes every player around him 10-15% better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    When people consider intangible sabermetrics like OBG (on base + grit) Jeter leads the league by .853 with a 1.902 OBG. Clearly, his intagibles are off the charts.

MVP= Jeter
    SS= Jeter
    Cy Young= heck, give it to Jeter
    GG= Jeter
    SI cover = Jeter

no. NY media is relentless. they build eveything up, makeing the whole country think that they're incredible. (ex: 2010 NY Jets) if the Philadelphia Phillies were the New York Phillies, people would think Ryan Howard was Babe Ruths reincarnation. its just the way it is.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    derek jeter is generally viewed as one of the best players in baseball....if he was drafted by the astros he would not even be considered in the top 25

Can I fix you some sandwiches?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzbomba View Post
    When people consider intangible sabermetrics like OBG (on base + grit) Jeter leads the league by .853 with a 1.902 OBG. Clearly, his intagibles are off the charts.

MVP= Jeter
    SS= Jeter
    Cy Young= heck, give it to Jeter
    GG= Jeter
    SI cover = Jeter

wait.....ur tellin me this is a real stat?? i thought someone was throwin a joke or somethin around that

im not questioning derek jeters grit but this really is a real stat???

First Sim League Title!

Nick Swisher failed with the A's and Chisox, He's a beast with the Yanks.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast