Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Trade Speculation

With the Devils resigning Kovalchuk, they are now looking to shred salary. I think the Flames are in need of one more prolific scorer who can make them a true contender in the western conf. Sutter should contact the NJD and inquire about Patrick Elias. Here are a few trade scenarios that I would off Lou if I were GM of the Flames:

To New Jersey: Robyn Regher
    3rd Round pick 2011

To Calgary: Patrik Elias

Although the Devils only shred about a million dollars in salary, they gain a stud dman in Jersey.

To New Jersey: Mark Giordano
    David Moss
    2nd Round pick in 2011

To Calgary: Patrik Elias
    4th Round pick in 2011

Thoughts?

vCash
    Devils would KILL to get Giordano and Flames would be flat out stupid to make that move. That said, I could see that happening easy with Sutter in charge...

vCash
    I'd prefer to trade for Zajac. I'd like to see him centering Iginla than the Joke. But not for Regher. Maybe Sarich for Zajac? No way we move Giordano. He's cheap and plays a nice two way game.

vCash
    An article on HockeyBuzz indicates Calgary has interest in shedding the contract of Robyn Regher? I am a Rangers fan, so I have no perspective on whether this may seem plausible from the Flames organization standoint. Does this seem to make sense to the Calgary fans?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    An article on HockeyBuzz indicates Calgary has interest in shedding the contract of Robyn Regher? I am a Rangers fan, so I have no perspective on whether this may seem plausible from the Flames organization standoint. Does this seem to make sense to the Calgary fans?
    To an extent. Really, this is the make or break year for Sutter(s). If we bomb out of the gate, he's gone, and if he's gone then so is Regher and Iginla maybe. If we make the playoffs and lose first round again, he's gone.

Regher's value is starting to decline as he get slower and older, so if we're going to trade him, it's going to be this year, unless he goes back to his old form. But in Calgary this year, we're asking lots of players to go back to their old form to be successful as a team this year.