Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Conroy Signed For 1-Year

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|CGY|home

Calgary, AB - Calgary Flames Executive Vice President & General Manager Darryl Sutter announced today the signing of centre Craig Conroy to a one year contract.

Conroy, a native of Potsdam, NY, and a veteran of 991 NHL games, will be entering his 15th NHL campaign with the commencement of the 2010-11 NHL season. Over the course of his career, he has accumulated 180 goals and 360 assists for 540 points.

The former Flames captain, will continue his second tour of duty with Calgary after spending four seasons with the Flames (2000-2004) which was highlighted by winning the Western Conference crown in 2004 where he finished second in team playoff scoring with 17 points. After signing as free agent with Los Angeles in 2004, he was reacquired by the Flames in 2007 in exchange for Jamie Lundmark and future considerations.

An avid supporter of the Calgary community, Conroy was the recipient of the 2010 Ralph T. Scurfield Humanitarian Award. The Scurfield Award is presented each year to the Flames player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, determination and leadership on the ice, combined with dedication to community service. He was also honored with the 2009 J.R. McCaig Award that is presented annually to a player and staff member who best exemplify virtues of respect, courtesy and compassion for all individuals in professional and everyday life.

CRAIG CONROY – CENTRE
    BORN: Potsdam, NY (September 4, 1971)
    SHOOTS: Right
    Jokinen, Langkow, Stajan, Backlund, Conroy. I don't mind the 2-way deal at only 500k. I think this will be just a stop gap incase Langkow misses more time due to that neck injury he had last year. If he plays over Backlund then . He should be nothing more than a player/coach in Abbotsford, but the ability to have him PK, take faceoffs and cover for any injuries is fine with me. But like I said, it should be Backlund over him at any point during the year.

vCash
    Another awful signing