Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Choosing between the two I would say Carter, but they both deserve to get in.

My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR

vCash
    Tim Brown. By far as a returner and receiver he was a better football player statistically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Vis View Post
    Cris Carter he played his entire career with 1 team (Minnesota Vikings) and knew the offense very well. Tim Brown played in Oakland for a very long time but became a journeyman WR with a few different teams including the Buccaneers and they run a different offensive scheme than the raiders

Cris Carter played for Eagles, Viking, Dolphins

Tim Brown played for Raiders, Bucs

Tim Brown played longer with the Raiders than Carter did for the Vikings. And when Brown went to the Bucs he played for Gruden and offense that he knew in Gruden tenure at Oakland.

Silver & Mack

vCash
    Carter should go in next year.

But they both deserve it.

vCash
    I see Cris Carter getting in this year because he's been waiting longer, just like when Monk got in over him. No chance both get in with the bottleneck of players on the outs.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    but he da best ever doo
    he iz lyke gonna be betta than revix u can sigg quot me

vCash
    I think that Cris Carter is the better receiver but that Tim Brown is the better football player. I also feel that Tim Brown was more important to the Raiders than Carter was to the Vikings.

vCash
    They both should be in HOF.

vCash
    Both deserve to go in but I'll take Carter if I have to choose.
    Suck it

vCash
    Cris Carter....enough said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL View Post
    Cris Carter started with the Philadelphia Eagles. So that makes it two teams he played for. Buddy Ryan got rid of him, becuase he said all Cris does is "catch td passes". Basically said he was nothing between the end zones.
    Goes to show how stupid Buddy Ryan was.
    That's not really true though.

Carter later admitted that Ryan released him because of alcohol and drug abuse, large amounts of cocaine being his drug of choice, and credits his former coach with helping him turn his life around as a result.

That whole "all he does is catch touchdowns" was a cover-up so the media wouldn't find out about his drug addictions.

vCash
    Carter should already be in the Hall of Fame.

vCash
    Tough one. Carter was great and so was Brown.

However, the more I hear Cris Carter as an "analyst" the more I wonder if this guy did in fact play football.

So because of that, I have to say Tim Brown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Vis View Post
    Cris Carter he played his entire career with 1 team (Minnesota Vikings) and knew the offense very well. Tim Brown played in Oakland for a very long time but became a journeyman WR with a few different teams including the Buccaneers and they run a different offensive scheme than the raiders
    Did you not know that Chris Carter started off in Philly and was cut because he was an alcoholic, which Carter later said was the best thing that ever happened to him. It straightened out his career and life.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    it would be rad if they both got in at the same time....i loved watching both....hard to say who the better receiver was,so based on talent its a tie

vCash
    I know its obvious that I would vote for Tim Brown. But I would just like to point out that I believe both receivers belong in the Hall of Fame for what they have accomplished. But Tim Brown was a better player for longer. More pro bowls, more 1,000 yard seasons, and unlike Carter, he was a contributor to his team immediately (as a kick returner). The only glaring difference in their stats is the amount of TD's Carter had, which is as much a part of the system he played in as it is his abilities.

My hope is that both players make it in this year. But if it could only be one, it should be Tim Brown.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast