Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bell likes Wilson

(09-10) 04:00 PDT San Diego -- One of the better subplots in this series and the division race is the battle between closers Brian Wilson and Heath Bell for the National League saves crown, and perhaps the major-league title.

Bell is a Wilson fan. He called his Giants counterpart "a dominant closer" and said, "He has an amazing arm and an amazing fastball. He's got a fastball I would love. I think he's a great closer. You've got to be a little quirky, a little weird. I think he's got all that."

Bell is modest about his own fastball, which reaches the mid-90s and makes it tough for hitters to look for a big 12-to-6 curveball.

At 32, Bell is 4 1/2 years older than Wilson. They have topped the NL saves leaderboard for much of the season. The Padres' recent 10-game losing streak has enabled Wilson to push ahead, 41-39. Wilson also co-leads the majors with Tampa Bay's Rafael Soriano.

Wilson also has an edge in time spent doing crunches.

"I've never seen him in the shower or anything, but he's ripped," Bell said.

"He looks like he's strong. I think closers might work on their abs. I work on one ab, and that's the big one, my au naturel ab," Bell said, pointing toward a belly that looks more Sunday beer league than Mr. Universe. Bell then grabbed a potato chip out of a bag and said, "Look. I'm working on my ab now."

More seriously, Bell called Wilson "one of the best guys around. If I get labeled with him in the same sentence, it's a huge honor because he's definitely having one of the best years any closer is having. He's good, and he's got magic shoes."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz0zBlJBEvd
    You're not funny, Bell. And Wilson > you.
    #JoergerBomb

Watching Grigson waste Andrew Luck's prime like:

<3

- He runs meetings like a coach. Basically, Im playing with a coordinator on the field. Hes a football God. He sees everything, and he sees the big picture of everything." - Frank Gore on Andrew Luck
    - "He is as smart as Peyton, as accurate as Brady, tougher than Ben and as athletic as RG3." - Anonymous Head Coach on Andrew Luck

vCash
    He's secretly laughing at what he just said in this entire article.

vCash
    They are both great closers but I would rather have Wilson any day.

vCash
    He's just saying that because Wilson's a certified ninja.

vCash
    Wilson is the best. My love for Wilson has grown tenfold over the course of this season
    Karmaloop Users! Enter DR31290 at checkout for 20% off!

**First Sig Ever - Help Me!

http://oneloveadvocates.org/

vCash
    i like b weez, but i think heath bell is gad damn dirty. he is the dirtiest closer in the game right now to be honest. when i mean dirty, i mean his fastball mixed in with a 12-6 hook. my scouting report on him is his strikeout pitch where guys swing in the dirt at most of his pitches, or chase his elevator high fastball, u just never know what pitch your gonna get from him. i can see why its hard for hitters to guess his pitches.

wilson can throw a harder fastball, but ive gotta admit that heath bell is pretty dirty

vCash
    Wilson destroys Heath Bell. Also this...Heath Bell is fat.

vCash
    Bell wants to do Wilson up the poop chute.

vCash
    I don't see any being that much better than the other. You can make arguments for both but I would go with Bell slightly over Wilson but would take Rivera and Soria over both

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument against a stupid person." - Bill Murray
    Sabermetric Myths
    FIP=better pitcher
    WAR is fact
    Pythagorean records and win expectancy have value
    Strikeouts are overrated
    Best regular season record = best team
    Regular season > Post season
    The difference between me and you is I don't need the internet to discuss baseball intelligently.

vCash
    If it weren't for Wilson's interview on "Rome is Burning," both closers would be even. That interview puts the "Mental Assassin" light years ahead of any closer in the game. Damn its fun to be a Giants fan right now!
    Sad how a World Series win could result in so much whining.

vCash
    who is the machine?

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

vCash
    Guy who lives in his house I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    who is the machine?
    Pujols of course

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument against a stupid person." - Bill Murray
    Sabermetric Myths
    FIP=better pitcher
    WAR is fact
    Pythagorean records and win expectancy have value
    Strikeouts are overrated
    Best regular season record = best team
    Regular season > Post season
    The difference between me and you is I don't need the internet to discuss baseball intelligently.

vCash
    i think the machine is his neighbor..

Bell also likes to eat. He's a fatty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GSW 2012 CHAMPS View Post
    They are both great closers but I would rather have Wilson any day.
    AGREED, id rather have a muscle bulging closer that hits 99, than a fat guy,... who "runs" to the mound everytime, actually looks like a wobble

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast