• 2 - win series

13 30.23%
  • 1 - not a great way to end the homestand

5 11.63%
  • 0 - of course..

2 4.65%
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Keep it rollin: Brewers (67-78) @ Giants (83-64)

MILWAUKEE BREWERS (67-78) @ SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS (83-64)

AT&T PARK

Game 1: Friday, September 17th 7:15 PM

VS.
    Randy Wolf..........Mad Bum

30....GS....15
    11-11.W-L.5-5
    186.2..IP..93.1
    4.53..ERA..3.28
    1.47...WHIP..1.28
    122....K....65
    81....BB....23

Scouting Report:
    Brewers: MIL kicking themselves for this one..

Giants: What velocity drop?

Game 2: Saturday, September 18th 6:05 PM

VS.
    YoGo......Timmy

28....GS....30
    12-7.W-L.14-9
    168.0..IP..192.1
    3.64..ERA..3.60
    1.35...WHIP..1.30
    181....K....208
    70....BB....70

Scouting Report:
    Brewers: He can hit.

Giants: 4 in a row, Timmy!

Game 3: Sunday, September 19th 1:05 PM

.VS.
    Chris Narveson..............Barry Zito

25....GS....30
    11-7.W-L.8-13
    149.2..IP..186.0
    5.05..ERA..4.02
    1.40.WHIP.1.33
    122....K....139
    51....BB....76

Scouting Report:
    Brewers: He sucks.

Giants: July 17th was the last time Zito won. Zito hasn't won since July 17th. It's been more than 2 months, July 17th to be exact, since Zito's last win. Now would be a great time to get a W, Barry!
    3 Keys to the series
    1. Score runs
    2. Prevent runs
    3. Win/Don't Lose

YOU KNOW WHATS MAGIC? WINNING SERIES YOU SHOULD WIN!

SO THIS IS WHAT 1ST PLACE FEELS LIKE...

BUSTER POSEY

!!!!NEED EVEN MORE LUCK!!!!

statistics courtesy of mlb.com

GUESTS SIGN UP HERE
    #JoergerBomb

Watching the Giants bullpen like:

<3

- He runs meetings like a coach. Basically, Im playing with a coordinator on the field. Hes a football God. He sees everything, and he sees the big picture of everything." - Frank Gore on Andrew Luck
    - "He is as smart as Peyton, as accurate as Brady, tougher than Ben and as athletic as RG3." - Anonymous Head Coach on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I really, really like our pitching matchups!! Let's hope Renteria gets three straight starts since 2 of the 3 pitchers we face are lefties. Why not just let him play the whole series and send a message to Sandoval. Who knows? Pablo's hip still might be bothering and rest could do him some good...or light a ****ing fire under his ***.

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument against a stupid person." - Bill Murray
    Sabermetric Myths
    FIP=better pitcher
    WAR is fact
    Pythagorean records and win expectancy have value
    Strikeouts are overrated
    Best regular season record = best team
    Regular season > Post season
    The difference between me and you is I don't need the internet to discuss baseball intelligently.

vCash
    sweep

vCash

A Tough Call...

Tough call for me here...
    I am sure the Giants will win 2 of 3. I am not sure, but I believe, the Giants will sweep.

Pointing toward 2 out of 3...
    1) Giant bats are still too streaky. 2 runs in the first two games vs the Dodgers? Yes, they faced Kershaw and Billingsley, but still - 2 runs in 2 games? They will need to hit better than that to sweep. And this is not an aberration - they did not score many runs in SDG last weekend either - fortunately, they got excellent pitching.
    2) Leadoff still a weak spot, Renteria not withstanding. Other than Renteria last night, the leadoff spot without Andres Torres is a huge hole. I hope Renteria can keep last night's level of hitting up, but I will believe it when I see it. Rowand should not bat leadoff. Nor should he play CF unless absolutely necessary - I would go with Cody Ross before Aaron Rowand. I like Rowand, but he is not hitting well at all.
    3) Let down factor: Giants in first place for first time since May. First time in first place in the month of September since 2003. It would be understandable for a letdown from the Giants - especially tonight. Good to see a rookie in a spot like this. If anyone can have a great game tonight, it would be Mad Bum.

Pointing toward the sweep...
    1) The Giants are playing well, but they are not white hot - they have yet to peak. I believe the Padres peaked about 3 weeks ago, and I believe the Rockies are going to peak soon, if they have not done so already. For the Giants to lose 1-0 after throwing a one-hitter (Zito, et al, Tuesday night last.) suggests to me that the Giants have yet to peak.
    2) I can't think of a single Giants starter who is not throwing well. Even their weakest of the 5 - Barry Zito - is not throwing poorly. Zito is simply this year's Matt Cain - if you look up "snakebitten" in Webster's Dictionary, it says "See Barry Zito". If Zito was on the NY Yankees, he would have 15 wins right now. He is due for a win, and he pitches game 3 against MIL. He also has something to prove against MIL - last time he faced them, he was pulled by Bruce Bochy with a 4 run lead - just one out away from a win.
    3) Mad Bum and Tim Lincecum are both coming on strong. They are both up there with J. Sanchez and Matt Cain with having an exceptional September.
    4) The Giants bullpen. Right now, the bullpen is the best in MLB. Both Lopez and Ramirez were outstanding pick ups - Brian Sabean is to be commended.
    5) As far as hitting, Huff has been consistent all year, and Burrell has feasted on MIL pitching over the years. Jose Guillen is the wild card. If he starts to hit (bulging disk in his neck notswithstanding), the Giants will tough to beat down the stretch.
    6) Giants play in orange jersey's tonight. I believe they have yet to lose this year wearing them on Friday nights.

Upshot: I am not highly confident, but I will cast my lot for a Giant's sweep - especially if they wear their orange jerseys tonight.
    Last edited by kar120c; 09-17-2010 at 10:00 AM.

vCash
    16 runs again, plz.

vCash
    ^^^
    i think they lost to the pads on orange friday awhile back

torture, brah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPchaseB View Post
    i think they lost to the pads on orange friday awhile back
    Brian Wilson had a bad night in his orange sharpie shoes once and all the commentators said he wouldn't be wearing them ever again. He came right back wearing them next time and unleashed the pummeling and has ever since.

vCash
    We also might avoid seeing Ryan Braun since he's Jewish and its Yom Kippur this weekend. He'll probably miss two games. Bonus!

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument against a stupid person." - Bill Murray
    Sabermetric Myths
    FIP=better pitcher
    WAR is fact
    Strikeouts are overrated
    The difference between me and you is I don't need the internet to discuss baseball intelligently.

vCash
    They actually lost at least once or twice in orange jerseys.
    But other than that, I like your points kar120c.

vCash
    We should sweep if barry wins, but i doubt he will. I say 2/3

Like betting on sports? Sign up now! get a 50% Deposit bonus when you sign up. Questions? PM Me

vCash
    Buster Posey has a beautiful swing.

vCash
    Let's get Zito a win. Sweeeeeep!

vCash
    Get Zito some @#%^&*(*&^%#@!@#$%^&*^%$% run support. He's been Cained way too much since the AS break.

vCash
    I'll take three wins, please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ExPitcher View Post
    Get Zito some @#%^&*(*&^%#@!@#$%^&*^%$% run support. He's been Cained way too much since the AS break.
    Try two seasons for Zito

Sabermetric Myths
    FIP=better pitcher
    WAR is fact
    Strikeouts are overrated

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast