Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    Halladay > Lester
    Oswalt > Beckett
    Hamels > Lackey
    Kendrick > Matsuzaka
    Blanton < Buchholz

so no, bostons rotation is not better
    you might want to line them up how they actually line up 1-5

Halladay>Lester (slighty, lester is damn good)
    Oswalt<Buchholz (look at the stats, no lie, its not even that close.. especially with clay pitching in the al east all year and oswalt pitching in the nl central for majority.. i mean come on)
    Hamels=Beckett (maybe.. if beckett is right he is way better)
    Kendrick<Lackey (Lackey having a down year but not that down.. kendrick isnt good anyway and would get rocked in the al east)
    blanton<dice-k (blanton ****ing blows.. and people hate on dice-k despite his 45-24 career record and his career era 4.00, about 1/2 a run less than blanton, and his whole career has been in the al east...)

Honestly this isnt even close. The Red Sox is so much better than the Phillies. Put the Phillies rotation in the AL East and there wouldn't even be a reasonable debate.. Not that it is reasonable anyway....

vCash
    ^^^ Honestly guys, he's right.. I mean the Red Sox have to pitch a lot against the Yanks, Rays, Blue Jays, and just the DH in general. Maybe if we had just ****ing kept Cliff Lee because then at least we would clearly have the best two, but can you really say you would choose Kendrick over Lackey or Blanton over Dice-k, because if i did i would just be lying. Boston's rotation is straight up better, other than Halladay, dude is a beast.

FOR YEARS TO COME

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eagles4444 View Post
    ^^^ Honestly guys, he's right.. I mean the Red Sox have to pitch a lot against the Yanks, Rays, Blue Jays, and just the DH in general. Maybe if we had just ****ing kept Cliff Lee because then at least we would clearly have the best two, but can you really say you would choose Kendrick over Lackey or Blanton over Dice-k, because if i did i would just be lying. Boston's rotation is straight up better, other than Halladay, dude is a beast.
    Holy ****, a fan from Philly with some sense.. I almost don't believe my eyes.. Na im just playin, but at least you can see the truth unlike these other fools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sox1234321 View Post

Oswalt<Buchholz (look at the stats, no lie, its not even that close.. especially with clay pitching in the al east all year and oswalt pitching in the nl central for majority.. i mean come on)
    Kendrick<Lackey (Lackey having a down year but not that down.. kendrick isnt good anyway and would get rocked in the al east)
    blanton<dice-k (blanton ****ing blows.. and people hate on dice-k despite his 45-24 career record and his career era 4.00, about 1/2 a run less than blanton, and his whole career has been in the al east...)

Honestly this isnt even close. The Red Sox is so much better than the Phillies. Put the Phillies rotation in the AL East and there wouldn't even be a reasonable debate.. Not that it is reasonable anyway....
    How come you used this year only to justify Bucholtz over Oswalt's more proven track record but you ignored Beckett being injured/awful for this year and used his past success to rank him over Cole? If Bucholtz>Oswalt, than Hamels>Beckett. You need to be consistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouljahPhil... View Post
    lol...Beckett and lackey ace? maybe the last few years....as of now..no!

Buccholz and lester I agree...

Dice K who?
    Burnett is paid like an ace too haha, but I can say he's not.

CC (ace)
    Burnett (paid like an ACE!!!111111)!1
    Pettitte(jizz your pant ace)
    Vazquez(paid like an ace!)
    Hughes(just jizz)
    Ace(ace)
    Igawa(paid like a No. 3)

vCash
    I agree with the Yankees fan up top. I would still give the edge to the Red Sox in a playoff series because Lackey, and Beckett are pretty clutch. Also what are people talking about with Dice K, his contract is not that big. 6 years 50 million.

vCash

first off all, the order i gave is the one given by the red sox fan with the second post on this thread. secondly, please explain how beckett and his era over 6 and whip of 1.5 is better than cole hamels whip of 1.25 and era in the 3's? Don't give me injury bull **** either, beckett sucked this seaosn before he got injuried. Thirdly, lackey is pitching exactly as should be expected. he was a 1 on the angels, he's a low level 2 or a damn good three on any other team. he is simply not an ace, as most red sox fans like to make it out to seem. look at the stats, according to them based on that order it goes like this

halladay > lester
    oswalt < buchholz
    hamels > beckett
    kendrick > lackey
    blanton < dice k

phillies still win. And looking at it from the short series playoff stand point, it would this

halladay > lester
    oswalt < buchholz
    hamels > beckett

phillies win. Red sox rotation is mostly hype after lester and buchholz
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    first off all, the order i gave is the one given by the red sox fan with the second post on this thread. secondly, please explain how beckett and his era over 6 and whip of 1.5 is better than cole hamels whip of 1.25 and era in the 3's? Don't give me injury bull **** either, beckett sucked this seaosn before he got injuried. Thirdly, lackey is pitching exactly as should be expected. he was a 1 on the angels, he's a low level 2 or a damn good three on any other team. he is simply not an ace, as most red sox fans like to make it out to seem. look at the stats, according to them based on that order it goes like this

halladay > lester
    oswalt < buchholz
    hamels > beckett
    kendrick > lackey

blanton < dice k

phillies still win. And looking at it from the short series playoff stand point, it would this

halladay > lester
    oswalt < buchholz
    hamels > beckett

phillies win. Red sox rotation is mostly hype after lester and buchholz
    First off i said hamels=beckett. Beckett is a slow starter in April, and got hurt right when he usually turns it around. He has pitched well in 3 of 4 starts since coming off the DL and I expect him to finish strong. I'm not going to look at the 70 or so innings he's pitched this year but at his career, he is at least equal too if not better than Cole Hamels. And Lackey is having his worst year. How is that how he is expected to pitch? He is adjusting to Boston and has pitched better as of late. He was the ACE of the Angels, a perrenial playoff team that he also pitched to a world series and has shown a number of times he is a big game playoff pitcher. Kendrick is not good and has never been that good as a starter. Saying Kendrick>Lackey shows your ignorance, especially after you say Lackey is a low end 2 or a damn good 3 on any team. Well he is our 4 and is head and shoulders better than Kendrick. Lackey has 112 career wins and a lot of teams would love to have him as a number 1 or 2 starter, and we have him as a 4.

Beckett > or = Hamels
    Lackey>>>Kendrick

Red Sox rotation is better. Without any doubt.
    Last edited by sox1234321; 08-11-2010 at 02:34 PM.

vCash
    And don't compare stats from NL teams to AL teams.. All the highest scoring, and best teams are in the AL and that will cause pitcher's era's to rise, not to mention the DH. Oswalt has been on the NL Central, one of baseball worst divisions, and other than Halladay, all those guys would get tourched against AL East teams. Actually the Red Sox lit up Halladay once this season in interleague play, and so did the Yankees. Man he must be glad he doesn't have to face them all year.

vCash
    First off i said hamels=beckett. Beckett is a slow starter in April, and got hurt right when he usually turns it around. He has pitched well in 3 of 4 starts since coming off the DL and I expect him to finish strong. I'm not going to look at the 70 or so innings he's pitched this year but at his career, he is at least equal too if not better than Cole Hamels. And Lackey is having his worst year. How is that how he is expected to pitch? He is adjusting to Boston and has pitched better as of late. He was the ACE of the Angels, a perrenial playoff team that he also pitched to a world series and has shown a number of times he is a big game playoff pitcher. Kendrick is not good and has never been that good as a starter. Saying Kendrick>Lackey shows your ignorance, especially after you say Lackey is a low end 2 or a damn good 3 on any team. Well he is our 4 and is head and shoulders better than Kendrick. Lackey has 112 career wins and a lot of teams would love to have him as a number 1 or 2 starter, and we have him as a 4.

Beckett > or = Hamels
    Lackey>>>Kendrick

Red Sox rotation is better. Without any doubt.

once again the stats say differently. that was not my opinion, that was based on stats. kendrick and lackey have basicalyl the saem stats, except kendrick has a lower whip, which gives him the nod. call it ignorance if you want, but the stats don't lie. Becketts stats get blown out of the water by hamels. Past preformance is not as important as whats going on now, and beckett and lackey suck now. Lackey was not the angels ace, he was there number one. being the best pitcher on a team doesn't mean your an ace. The angels never had an ace, justa collection of solid 2 starters. Lackey would not be an ace on any team in the league, and he'd be a 2 or 3 on most of them. And you say i'm ignorant, but then use a stat like wins which tells very little about how we a pitcher does and more about how his team does. Wins do not make you a good pitcher, as you can simply be on a good team. Lackey is not an ace, beckett is no longer an ace. Say what you want, right now the stats say that the phillies rotation is better

and by the way, Lackey would be a 3 or worse on the following teams based on current healthy rotations:

yankees, red sox, rays, rangers, cardinals, angels, phillies, giants, braves, dodgers, mets, padres, reds, white sox and twins. arguements can also be made for teams like the rockies, A's and blue jays

he would be a 3 starter or worse on almost half the teams in the league, and notice that all the playoof contenders are on their. He's not the red sox number 4 because they are stacked, he's your 4th starter because he is a middle of the pack pitcher

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    And don't compare stats from NL teams to AL teams.. All the highest scoring, and best teams are in the AL and that will cause pitcher's era's to rise, not to mention the DH. Oswalt has been on the NL Central, one of baseball worst divisions, and other than Halladay, all those guys would get tourched against AL East teams. Actually the Red Sox lit up Halladay once this season in interleague play, and so did the Yankees. Man he must be glad he doesn't have to face them all year.
    sure, i'll just take your word for it because you said so and boston has 4 aces............

vCash
    ehh rather have boston's and i really wouldnt hesitate to pick it over the phillies

In a playoff series which one you picking?
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    ehh rather have boston's and i really wouldnt hesitate to pick it over the phillies

Phillies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post

the phillies

vCash
    and in this hypothetical situation i would have to say good luck with that
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast