Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I like having some fellow old time Ranger fans (hey wait I'm younger than you!!!) on the board. Donny Murdoch was my very first favorite player. I believe he scored 5 goals in 1 game his rookie year.
    I went to my first game in November 1973. The Rangers had just acquired Gilles Marotte, a defenseman who was built like a tank. That was important to me because hard checking was the one thing that really drew me to liking hockey in the first place. Unfortunately, he also skated like a tank, but didn't hit like one. My uncle and I were in the blue seats (the tickets were a birthday present which I had to wait a few months to use) and it was a great experience. Sadly, the last game I saw live was in the playoff series the Rangers lost to the Pens three years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dashripdot View Post
    I went to my first game in November 1973. The Rangers had just acquired Gilles Marotte, a defenseman who was built like a tank. That was important to me because hard checking was the one thing that really drew me to liking hockey in the first place. Unfortunately, he also skated like a tank, but didn't hit like one. My uncle and I were in the blue seats (the tickets were a birthday present which I had to wait a few months to use) and it was a great experience. Sadly, the last game I saw live was in the playoff series the Rangers lost to the Pens three years ago.
    My first real game was in the blues also. The tickets were also a gift. I think it was a 3-2 loss to the Caps when Gartner and Carpenter were really young.

I had seen a exhibition game between the Isles and Rangers before that. Gilbert was playing back then. I remember I had my dad write down the numbers of my favorite players so I could recognize them. Espo and Murdoch didnt wear helmets so it was easy to know those 2 guys.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    How long have you been a Rangers fan? since '94

Who was your favorite Rangers players growing up? Brian Leetch

Who are your current favorite Rangers players? Gabs, Hank, Cally, Dubs, MDZ

What years were your favorite Rangers teams? 94

Who is the one guy in the NHL you would like to add to the Rangers? "Vet" - crosby. "rookie" - Duchene

vCash
    Been a Rangers fan since Brian Leetch came up- I was about 7 at the time- so about 22 or 23 years.
    It was Leetch and believe it or not Esa Tikkanen- Tikkanen's interview with Trautwig on the ice after game 7 of Eastern Conference Finals in 94 is the greatest sports interview of all time. I still practically wet my pants when I hear him say "No Al, I never score" and "I try to hit the stick, hit the blocker and go in between the legs" in his broken english with that accent.

Current favorites are Gaborik and MDZ

Favorite teams were 94 and the 95-96 team with Pat Verbeek and Messier having huge seasons.
    If I could add one player to the Rangers right now, it would be either Backstrom or Stamkos.

vCash
    1. Been a Ranger fan since i was born but followed them the most in 06-07. (first game was Jagr's 600th goal against the Lightning)

2. Not really sure I'm more of a fan of the team now then what I remember.

3. Gaborik, Avery, Lundquvist, MDZ

4. Stamkos

vCash
    I've been a ranger fan since the late 80's early 90's. Who was my fav player growing up jamir jagr I know he wasn't a ranger growing up but always loved the way he played his game. If it has to be a ranger then I would have to go with leecth. Fav player on the current roster, deff caly and lunvquist fav ranger team well 94 and the jagr era allways loved jagr. If I could add a player would deff have to be parise.

vCash
    How long have you been a Rangers fan?
    Rangers fan since i was 8
    Who was your favorite Rangers players growing up?
    Alexi kovalev
    Who are your current favorite Rangers players?
    Callahan
    What years were your favorite Rangers teams?
    The post lock out teams with jagr, or the 1994 cup team
    Who is the one guy in the NHL you would like to add to the Rangers?
    Stamkos (didnt say it had to be realistic)

vCash

Since I was born. I grew up in Minnesota and for some reason I loved the Rangers more than the North Stars, I don't know why. It was a good thing I did though.

It's going to sound like a generic response but Adam Graves. He did something really cool for me when I was a kid and I pretty much worshiped the guy. Also loved Kovalev, Leetch, Richter etc. I could go on forever.

It's tough to choose since we no longer have guys like Prucha and Betts. Of course Henrik, but everyone loves him. Other then that I would have to say my favorite Ranger who has been with us awhile would be Dan Girardi. My favorite new guy is Christensen. I don't think he is a first line player (like they tried to make him last year) but he has heart.

Of course our '94 team. My other favorite would be the '06-'07 team. I loved the top line of Straka Nylander and Jagr. If Drury didn't tie the game in game 5 of the semifinals, I think we would've had a chance to advance and take Ottawa.

Realistically? I would have tried to sign a good shot blocking dman like Zbynek Michalek.

vCash
    since blood was flowing though my body

Jagr

Lundqvist

i wasnt born in '94 so i dont remember us winning the cup , 2007

Who is the one guy in the NHL you would like to add to the Rangers? Bobby Ryan
    JETS/RANGERS/YANKEES/KNICKS/VA TECH/SYRACUSE/ARMY
    "I don't know what a Hokie is, but god is one of them" - Lee Corso
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVP0Q...eature=related - J.O.B. (Jets Over B**ches)

vCash
    How long have you been a Rangers fan? Always rooted for the Rangers as my favorite team since I was child (18 years) but not until 6 years ago (like post lockout) did I really get into it. Im so into Hockey now i like seeing international and other competitions. I wanna see hockey and the NHL be as big as they can be

Who was your favorite Rangers players growing up? Messier was my favorite of all time. Leetch, Graves, Richter obviously. Since I didnt REALLY get into sports until highschool i can truly only say these guys were my fav rangers in recent years. Tyutin, Straka, Nylander, Prucha, Rozsival. No one special but these guys were great guys to the team during their time.

Who are your current favorite Rangers players? Del Zotto, Dubinsky, Callahan, Drury, Lundqvist, Giradi. No one has really woo-ed me but thats obvious since we have not done much in recent years. But this team really has me pumped

What years were your favorite Rangers teams? 94, even as a youngling i still remember the Devils series. 98 and 99 was good and in recent years 06, 08.

Jonathan Toews. This guy reminds me alot of Messier. Leadership, Toughness and skill. He does the dirty work and is always there for his team. The Rangers really need a center as well

vCash

Since I was 8 years old.

Richter, Nedved.

Marc Staal, MDZ, Henrik.

94 obviously lol.

Crosby.

Hate him but I can't deny that he is the best player in the game.

vCash
    -As long as I can remember, and old enough to long for the early 90's.

-Brian Leetch...hands down. Made the trip to the HOF last year.

-Callahan, Del Zotto, Lundqvist

- The early 90's (Obviously 94)...Who can go wrong with Leetch, Messier, Richter, Graves, Beukeboom, Turcotte, Weight, Amonte, Nemchinov and the like. NOT a big fan of the Jagr years.

-Stamkos

vCash
    Since last month

Petr Nedved & Mark Messier (maybe a few others, but I didn't know most players back then)

Gaborik and Drury (never seen the first one in action, just from 2k10, but I always liked Drury, despite never seeing him in action in Rangers uniform )

No idea

I'm not really familiar with most players now, might answer this after 1/3 of the season proceeds.

All I can say is: Rangers, you have a new supporter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Since last month

Petr Nedved & Mark Messier (maybe a few others, but I didn't know most players back then)

Gaborik and Drury (never seen the first one in action, just from 2k10, but I always liked Drury, despite never seeing him in action in Rangers uniform )

No idea

I'm not really familiar with most players now, might answer this after 1/3 of the season proceeds.

All I can say is: Rangers, you have a new supporter
    A Ranger (and Knicks) fan all the way from Europe. That is cool. I hope you really enjoy becoming a Ranger fan this season.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    I go back to the late 50's with the Rangers in the old garden. I also remember seeing Glen Sather as a Ranger. Let me tell you that Sather would drop the gloves with anybody. He was more of a checking line player, never a big goal scorer. But He was a hard hitter who kept people honest. I remember when Rod Gilbert played his 1st game. The big thing then was no cable guys so no home games on TV. Sat night games in Canada were on TV sometimes tape delayed as well. I lived in the Bronx so when cable first came out, you had to go to Manhattan to watch a Ranger game.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast