Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 0007joek View Post
    I go back to the late 50's with the Rangers in the old garden. I also remember seeing Glen Sather as a Ranger. Let me tell you that Sather would drop the gloves with anybody. He was more of a checking line player, never a big goal scorer. But He was a hard hitter who kept people honest. I remember when Rod Gilbert played his 1st game. The big thing then was no cable guys so no home games on TV. Sat night games in Canada were on TV sometimes tape delayed as well. I lived in the Bronx so when cable first came out, you had to go to Manhattan to watch a Ranger game.
    That is awesome. You go back to the times of my dad. Do you remember Camile Henry? That was one of his favorite players. Slats was a tough player. I would bet there are many good Ranger fans that have no idea Slats played in the NHL never mind for the Rangers.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Hey Ranger fans. I have been following the ranger threads for a while and finally felt i had to join in! My dad has always had tickets and I never stopping loving the team.
    1. I have been a Rangers fan about 20 years
    2. Pavel Bure is my favorite Ranger because I grew up watching the video from the stanley cup season all the time and even though I am so happy we won... he was just so electric and exciting when healthy
    3. My current favorite Rangers are King Henrik, Callahan, and Del-Zotto
    4. I can't really pick a particular year but I will always remember watching Gretzky's last game which was exciting
    5. If I could add anyone to the Rangers based on skill it would be Ovechkin, base on personal favorite it would be Nick Lindstrom

I can't wait to participate in the Rangers Forum!

vCash
    Back after a long absence

vCash
    i used to play as the rangers in nhlpa 93 for sega genesis so i guess i started being a fan around then tho i probably started really following them around 99/00

growing up i always loved richter above all else

my favorite now is gaborik... loved him when he was on minnesota... ecstatic he's scoring for us now

wasnt old enough to appreciate the cup year so the first 2 years after the lock out are probably my favorite years cus we made the playoffs for the first time in a long time and then we took 9 of 11 games from the devils the next year lol

if i could add one guy to our team it'd be pavel datsyuk... hes everything sather imagined drury would be and more

vCash
    Hey Mpete, Kyko, and Beast. Welcome to the board!
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    My friend recently signed up, so I decided to get involved as well

Been a fan since I was born in 88, but didn't 'really' appreciate what I was a fan of until the early 90s. Parents were hardcore Rangers fans. Graves is my all time favorite - he's the man. Of course Richter, Leetch, Messier too.

Favorite players now are Gaborik, Hank, Dubinsky and Callahan. I like Dru and Staal too.

Favorite teams - '94 and '97.

Datsyuk would be a sweet addition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    How long have you been a Rangers fan?

Who was your favorite Rangers players growing up?

Who are your current favorite Rangers players?

What years were your favorite Rangers teams?

Who is the one guy in the NHL you would like to add to the Rangers?
    I am only 18 so I have only been a Rangers fan since the end of the lockout. I know of the cup and the mid 90s run. But I don't remember it :P

My two favorite Rangers growing up were Jagr and Straka.

My favorite Rangers team thus far was the 2007 team.

My favorite Rangers now are Hank, Gabs and Staal. (I think Stepan is gonna join that list really soon).

And the only guy I would like to add to the Rangers is Sidney Crosby
    Last edited by JT Somes; 10-05-2010 at 12:16 PM.

vCash
    I have been a fan since i was 5 years old so i guess that would be 1990.

Favorite Ranger growing up would be Messier, Leetch ,Richter and Jagr.

Current favorite Rangers are Gaborik ,Del Zotto and The King.

Favorite Rangers teams would have to be '94 and '07.

The one guy who would look good in Ranger blue would be Rick Nash.

vCash
    welcome to the forums....and i see that you are located in Syracuse....im currently attending syracuse university!

and yes nash would look good

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    Its always nice to know that there is another Rangers fan up in central NY

vCash
    hahah we seem to be few and far between up here...seen so many sabres fans

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    Welcome to the board NYR Pride, JT Somes, and RangersFan14!!!

vCash
    Yeah i hear you on that one. It will be nice on Saturday when the Rangers hand it to the Sabres.

vCash
    i can only hope

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    Didn't wanna open a new thread for something as meaningless, just want to mention it.

Just ordered from the NHL shop a Rangers sweater! It's the St Patrick's day one. I can wear it at local soccer/basketball/volleyball/anything games since it's green and also has the shamrock (see sig). Shamrock and the head of the Liberty Statue with NYR underneath
    It was quite cheap so I didn't mind "trying out" the shipping. Gonna get a home jersey after this one arrives.

Also would like to ask a question on that. Do they wear anything special, like green jerseys, on St Patricks'D day? Coz I've seen many teams have these special green t-shirts, sweaters etc

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast