Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

NY Rangers December Game And Discussion Thread: It Is Time To Get Serious!!!

Guys Metswon69 has been busy with real life stuff. This game thread is far from his works of art but hopefully it will be enough to keep us going for another month.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Thanks Sly!

Cam in goal tonight..... I ain't afraid of no ghosts

vCash

NY Rangers December Game And Discussion Thread: It Is Time To Get Serious!!!

Damn that's a bad loss

vCash
    That was a rough one. That 5 on 3 and ensuing pp was frustrating. Hopefully they'll rebound tomorrow vs Pitt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MJL80 View Post
    Thanks Sly!

Cam in goal tonight..... I ain't afraid of no ghosts
    Thank you. Cam played okay. He is really strong in some areas but seems to get complacent at times and soft goals happen then. Lundy has been the same way this season. I'm always a glass half full guy but I'm a bit frustrated today.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    hi guys. I am running a head to head NHL teams league on yahoo fantasy hockey. I am looking for someone to take over the Rangers team. You would only use Rangers players for the year. The league starts play tomorrow. If interested please email me at mszewczynski@yahoo.com. Thank you.

vCash
    OK. That's it. My Rangers need to trade Kreider. He has low IQ, no shot and commits too many penalties.
    Rangers need 1 extra scorer to take load from Nash...and 1 Lucic type guy to intimidate.

Also i think they miss Cally's balls-to-the-wall mentality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    OK. That's it. My Rangers need to trade Kreider. He has low IQ, no shot and commits too many penalties.
    Rangers need 1 extra scorer to take load from Nash...and 1 Lucic type guy to intimidate.

Also i think they miss Cally's balls-to-the-wall mentality.
    I have seen a few fans upset with Kreider. I think he could have a great future so I would be reluctant to trade him. We have to keep in mind this is really only his 2nd full nhl season.

vCash
    I understand Kreider may not be playing tonight due to a practice-related injury colliding with Hagelin? If true, maybe a game or two off the ice could be a blessing in disguise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    I understand Kreider may not be playing tonight due to a practice-related injury colliding with Hagelin? If true, maybe a game or two off the ice could be a blessing in disguise.
    It could be. I often think a different view of the game can be helpful. Anyone that has watched themselves on film might understand. During the game things feel so fast. Like guys are right on top of you but when you watch on film you see how much more time you have. Maybe Kreider sitting in the press box can help his view a bit. I think we need Kreider to go out and be Kreider. That includes skating hard and hitting. I'm willing to live with some penalties because he is one of the few guys on our team that throws his body.

vCash
    With the Kreider thing, i have always found that players either have "it" or they don't, and by it i mean the ability and or will to compete night in and night out. I have played with some amazing hockey players that i wouldn't take over some 3rd line grinders due to their inconsistant effort. I have no way of knowing if maybe Kreider is hurt or whatever but if he isn't (atleast before his collision at practice) then he is starting to go down the road of not having it. While guys like Zherdev, Frolov, Grachev, Daigle, Yashin etc all had varying skill levels they just didnt have "it" and their inability to play every night eventually sent them all out of the NHL. I am getting worried that Kreider and Miller as well might fall into that category. At this point i dont see a day when Nash and St.Louis pass the torch to Miller and Kreider to carry the load up front on this team. They are young and it is early but at some point they have to decide they wanna win in NY and contribute and not be a passenger and sit back and watch Nash, St.Louis, Stepan, and Brassard carry the load. Kreider is extremely frustrating to me, few players have his skill set, he needs to use it before he gets shipped out in favour of someone who competes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I have seen a few fans upset with Kreider. I think he could have a great future so I would be reluctant to trade him. We have to keep in mind this is really only his 2nd full nhl season.
    As one comparison, it took Marty St. Louis 4 NHL seasons before he elevated his game from being an average player to top player. I don't see a need to hit the panic button with Kreider, or any of our young players for that matter. None of them, including Kreider, were projected to be anything more than a 2nd line forward, and in most cases 3rd line forwards. Brassard is another example of how it takes 3-4 seasons into an NHL career for a player to reach potential on a consistent basis. Just 12 months ago most fans rightly assessed him as somewhat in between a 2nd & 3rd line center; now Brassard is our #1 center and playing like one, which is what an impatient Columbus organization hoped for when they drafted him #6 overall.

Our young forwards with the team now will all be fine, over time. The question is really will the Rangers organization properly develop them with requisite patience.
    Last edited by Redfish; 12-08-2014 at 08:06 PM.

vCash
    Tanner Glass in for Anthony Duclair. I guess that makes it official; Duclair is going back to juniors. I can think of several different approaches to handling Duclair's time here with the Rangers this season that are better than the path taken so far. Oh well.

vCash
    The Penguins are showing us how a quality coached team makes adjustments with an abundance of injuries and still plays well.

I sense the damn is about to break with AV and his "kid's gloves" relationship with the media. They were all so beaten up by Tortorella, they've all been blocking and tackling for him with virtually no critique of his coaching decisions. At some point, performance will matter to even the beat writers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    The Penguins are showing us how a quality coached team makes adjustments with an abundance of injuries and still plays well.

I sense the damn is about to break with AV and his "kid's gloves" relationship with the media. They were all so beaten up by Tortorella, they've all been blocking and tackling for him with virtually no critique of his coaching decisions. At some point, performance will matter to even the beat writers.
    I didn't think the Pens looked any better than NY so far. Also, the pens added Klinkhammer the other day a smart trade by Shero IMO. Cant say too much about how each team is coached as we came back feom being down 3 games to win the series last year if anything AV doesn't get enough credit.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast