Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rick Nash Couldn't Score (Update: Nash scores twice)

If he was inside the net. The guy is a dud and can't rise to the occasion when it counts. Maybe they should explore unloading him this offseason. Not ready for prime time. The smallest guy on the ice Zuccarello made more of an impact.

vCash
    Yea, he can't buy a goal right now. He's actually skating well and making good plays which is why it's so surprising.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    I am willing to be more patient with Nash given his injury this year but that may be a little generous. At time of trade, I recall how the entire league was essentially laughing at the then Columbus GM for getting "taken to the cleaners" on trading Nash. Now, he looks like a genius, having received Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon and a 1st round pick.

Oh, how I wish we had John Davidson running this club.
    Last edited by Redfish; 05-01-2014 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    This season Nash scored in bunches so hopefully his scoring drought will break in game 1 vs Pit with a hat trick. Mid season he was scoring a goal a game for a while.

vCash
    He's had his chances, just can't bury it.... great saves and post shots. I agree with someone else in another thread, I believe he's playing hurt by the way he's just coasting around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MJL80 View Post
    He's had his chances, just can't bury it.... great saves and post shots. I agree with someone else in another thread, I believe he's playing hurt by the way he's just coasting around
    he has been doing that for a long time now i cant blame him being hurt for it anymore. Problem is IMo is that he is timid to take it to the net and go to the tough areas without getting another concussion again

vCash

Rick Nash Couldn't Score

He's playing his heart out and still can't find a way to score. We need him to start scoring now that we're in the second round.

vCash
    He is on his wrong wing to accomodate St.Louis, he's playing well but he is on his wrong hand for pretty near every power move he usually makes down low or even when he is one on one with someone, he's used to shooting from the center of the ice not from the wall.. I think our bigger problem right now is that our PP is too predictable, it's obvious we are looking for St.Louis on the right side, time to jam the net and let Richards and Girardi fire some bombs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    He is on his wrong wing to accomodate St.Louis, he's playing well but he is on his wrong hand for pretty near every power move he usually makes down low or even when he is one on one with someone, he's used to shooting from the center of the ice not from the wall.. I think our bigger problem right now is that our PP is too predictable, it's obvious we are looking for St.Louis on the right side, time to jam the net and let Richards and Girardi fire some bombs.

I don't know about that. IMO Nash not scoring in now what? 12 straight playoff games? is a bigger problem than a predictable power play... Wouldnt surprise me if the team explores trading him in the offseason.

The guy makes me want Gaborik back...

vCash
    Gabs 6 G lol, tying it up with 7 secs left the other night, then scoring in OT.

Crazy how 61 has one goal in 22 playoff games now.

vCash
    1 goal in 22 PO games.... what an absolute joke....

vCash
    lol imagine if hockey in NY got the coverage the NBA NFL or MLB does? he would be getting crucified. melo, aRod, eli would be all over the front pages getting roasted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    I don't know about that. IMO Nash not scoring in now what? 12 straight playoff games? is a bigger problem than a predictable power play... Wouldnt surprise me if the team explores trading him in the offseason.

The guy makes me want Gaborik back...
    That won't happen; Nash has one more year of a full No-Movement Clause, and then another three years after that of a No-Trade Clause.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    If he was inside the net. The guy is a dud and can't rise to the occasion when it counts. Maybe they should explore unloading him this offseason. Not ready for prime time. The smallest guy on the ice Zuccarello made more of an impact.
    By this logic Crosby is a bum who Pitt should look to unload since he didn't put one in net until last night. Nash needs to step up, but so does the whole team. Sloppy passing is killing us (Pitt's break away goal off of the NYR PP was almost identical to the same sloppy play from the night before and that's just the start of that problem). Our forecheck is nonexistent, we're over cycling the puck and missing quality lanes, nobody is crashing the net or setting proper screens. There's a lot we can complain about and it falls on much more than Nash's shoulders.

vCash
    I'm not going to bash him because I know he wants to score. What I would like to see from him is to put the puck on his stick and go right to the net kind of like Mats did late in the game yesterday. Go to the net determined to either get a good chance or draw a (hooking/holidng) penalty.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast