Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Hagelin re-signs

terms have not been announced yet

BREAKING NEWS: #NYR @CarlHagelin has agreed to terms on a new contract. Details to follow on http://****************.com .

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    Interesting. Many people including Mcd assumed Step would be next not Hags.

vCash
    hags is cheaper, have no problem with it, just say that its costing 4.5 over 2! holy **** thats alot for him, i think we over paid imo

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers in 7 View Post
    hags is cheaper, have no problem with it, just say that its costing 4.5 over 2! holy **** thats alot for him, i think we over paid imo

Yeah Slats gave him to much! Sly wheres the money for Mz now?

vCash
    I was penciling in Hags at 2.2 so 2.25 is pretty darn close.

Quote Originally Posted by nyr2002nyr View Post
    Yeah Slats gave him to much! Sly wheres the money for Mz now?
    I think there is money for Mats for sure if AV and Slats want him. With Asham and Powe demoted we have extra cap space. We also have extra cushion over the summer. We wont keep 6-8 4th line guys so some salary might be moved later on in a trade. Without all that I see room for Step and Mats.

7.5 mill -Hags(2.25 mill)= 5.25 mill-4 mill for Step=1.25 mill for Mats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I was penciling in Hags at 2.2 so 2.25 is pretty darn close.

I think there is money for Mats for sure if AV and Slats want him. With Asham and Powe demoted we have extra cap space. We also have extra cushion over the summer. We wont keep 6-8 4th line guys so some salary might be moved later on in a trade. Without all that I see room for Step and Mats.

7.5 mill -Hags(2.25 mill)= 5.25 mill-4 mill for Step=1.25 mill for Mats
    im hoping steps gets a 4-5 year deal at 3.8 per, which leaves room for both zucc and falk....im honestly believe someone gets moved, boyle would be my guess

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    im hoping steps gets a 4-5 year deal at 3.8 per, which leaves room for both zucc and falk....im honestly believe someone gets moved, boyle would be my guess
    I do not see money as an issue. It is about who the team wants.

Are we really going to keep all these players?

Boyle-1.7
    Dorsett-1.6
    Pyatt-1.5
    Pouilet-1.3
    Powe-1.1
    Asham1.0
    Moore-1.0

Johnson-600k
    Falk-1.0

I think some will be moved. Not sure how the new CBA works but I heard we gained 800k in bonus room if Powe/Asham were demoted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I do not see money as an issue. It is about who the team wants.

Are we really going to keep all these players?

Boyle-1.7
    Dorsett-1.6
    Pyatt-1.5
    Pouilet-1.3
    Powe-1.1
    Asham1.0
    Moore-1.0

Johnson-600k
    Falk-1.0

I think some will be moved. Not sure how the new CBA works but I heard we gained 800k in bonus room if Powe/Asham were demoted.
    personally boyle and pyatt should be traded, powe and asham will probably end up in the AHL

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    Hagelin’s re-signing follows defenseman Ryan McDonagh’s re-upping on Monday to a six-year, $28.2 million deal. The two contracts only leave the Rangers with approximately $4.9 million of space under the impending $64.3 cap ceiling to re-sign restricted free agents Stepan, winger Mats Zuccarello and defenseman Justin Falk. But for this summer only until the final day of training camp, all NHL teams are allowed to spend up to 10% higher than the ceiling (an additional $6.43).

So that temporary summer cap of $70.73 million leaves the Rangers with about $11.3 million to use on those three restricted free agents, which is more than enough. New York simply would have to trim its roster by the end of the final day of camp to fit back under the $64.3 million cap number.

Zuccarello and Falk both can file for player-elected arbitration, but the deadline is 5 p.m. Wednesday (today). If the players don’t file, the Rangers can file for arbitration on Thursday. They then would be able to continue until the impending decision of a third-party arbitrator.

Stepan does not have arbitration rights, but he wants to return to New York, and the Rangers intend to keep him.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...as-speedy-swed

vCash
    That sounds like a good deal. Steps definitely has to be a priority signing. Glad Hagelin is back, love the guy.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |