Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst player

vCash
    Every single one of our pitchers not named Josh Johnson
    DUKE.

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMac80 View Post
    Wrong, the guy is a fill in bench player responsible for defense, pinch running, and bunting the runners over. You cant blame him for not being relied upon more.

I would say the worst is a toss up between Granderson or Joba. They are both riding on potential and past successes. Granderson has had some big hits though while Joba has given them up.
    Yes you can. It is because he isn't very good. That is the whole point of this thread.

vCash
    Um ramiro pena isnt our worst player uh chad gaudin sucks big time now and up till a few weeks ago we had the worst reliever in the bigs in chan ho park

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dmac View Post
    Yes you can. It is because he isn't very good. That is the whole point of this thread.
    Agreed no way joba is close to our worst player because yea he is having a bad year but hes not our worst and granderson is what he was last year meaning same avg but way less power but he has gotten big hits and played very good defense.

vCash
    Matt albers he just very inconsistent.he gives up big hits and acts like he don't care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eg714 View Post
    For me it's Brian fuentes on the angels he's paid 9 mil a year and sucks bad. We lose almost every time he's in the game.
    He's saved 69 games since he's been here, so not quite almost every time.

The Angels worst player is Brandon Wood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P. View Post
    He's saved 69 games since he's been here, so not quite almost every time.

The Angels worst player is Brandon Wood.
    yep

vCash
    Matt Carson for the A's. Nate Mcclouth for the Braves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY3487 View Post
    The question on who is the worst player on your team not who hurts your team the most. So easily Ramiro Pena is the worst. If you think Granderson and Joba are worse you know nothing about baseball.
    If your strictly basing it on pure talent, then the worst guy is the one called up for a few games and either sits on the bench and never plays or gets about 10 ABs and that is his only career stint in the bigs. If thats the case then I think Chad Huffman sucks.

To avoid a list of career minor leaguers and guys nobody has ever heard of I figured it should be the guys who aren't meeting their expectations by the widest margin. Joba was not only supposed to be the pitcher he was in '07 and '08, but many had him as the heir apparent to Mo. Were you confident with him coming into the game tonight to keep Beltre at 3rd? He has given up earned runs in 14 of 49 appearances but how many other times has he come in only to give up runs that don't count on his score sheet. Enough for me to think he is not playing at the level where he should be.

Granderson will forever be linked to AJax in my eyes and we seriously got hosed on that trade. Sorry but I haven't been that impressed with our starting centerfielder as compared to our utility infield bench player. Pena is meeting my expectations of a 2nd year player making $400k to ride the bench.

vCash
    Koyie Hill. A career line of .210/.276/.293 isn't acceptable even from a backup catcher.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    It was Aki Iwamura, but he got sent down. Now I'd say its.... Andy LaRoche
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    Does Bobby Bonilla count? I mean we are still paying him after all .

Ill say Ollie Perez although Luis Castillo doesnt wanna let him take the title without a fight
    even with him not playing, perez is worse
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    on any given day it could be aj burnett, but its pena for the yankees
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Kevin Cash
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Skip Shumaker...not his fault, he's being forced to play 2nd when he is a decent OF
    Ryan Franklin....closer that can't close a meaningful game

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast