Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Waiver deadline?

do you think the giants will get anybody before the next deadline????

i think we will get jose guillen becasue it has sabean written all over it

props to sfgiants5518 for the sports userbar.props to vick for other user bar.

Quote Originally Posted by raidersrock99 View Post
    do you think the giants will get anybody before the next deadline????

i think we will get jose guillen becasue it has sabean written all over it
    I doubt that Sabean wants Guillen at all. If he really wanted him, he would had gotten him. Plus he would have to go through the AL before he got to us.

I see us getting another arm for the BP or a pinch hitter at most.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

No, I don't think we will get another bat. We are going to stay put. Has Sabean released anything in the press regarding his moves?

nah guillen will be on the giants by the end of august i think..but your probably right on bullpen or pinch hitter

He said something about Bowker and Martinez not being very good, that's about it.

^ lol martinez isnt but i could see sabean saying " bowkers no rowand"

I dont think we will get a good bat just cuz dunn will be blocked from us getting him and bautista wont make it to us since hes in the al and we would be the 28th team to get a crack at him. Guillen maybe but i hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidmop View Post
    No, I don't think we will get another bat. We are going to stay put. Has Sabean released anything in the press regarding his moves?
    In one statement he said that Martinez and Bowker were not that good.

Then later on said that he had no leverage at all when trading for RP.

It's like he saw what people were saying and thought he needed to cover his ***.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

So he hasn't said anything as to why no offense was added?

So he hasn't said anything as to why no offense was added?
    Not that I have seen.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

As the Deadline approached, it became apparent that the Giants wouldn't acquire an experienced hitter to bolster their lineup. Teams with that commodity insisted on left-handers Jonathan Sanchez or Madison Bumgarner, whom the Giants refused to deal.

"It was always the same mantra on the other side of the ball, where it had to be Sanchez or Bumgarner," said Giants general manager Brian Sabean, who noted that he and his assistants discussed in excess of 50 players with more than 20 teams. "We just couldn't cover the loss of one of these pitchers."
    http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/n...t=.jsp&c_id=sf
    #JoergerBomb

Watching Grigson waste Andrew Luck's prime like:

<3

- He runs meetings like a coach. Basically, Im playing with a coordinator on the field. Hes a football God. He sees everything, and he sees the big picture of everything." - Frank Gore on Andrew Luck
    - "He is as smart as Peyton, as accurate as Brady, tougher than Ben and as athletic as RG3." - Anonymous Head Coach on Andrew Luck

So what is it about bowker that makes you all think hes so great? is it his great batting average he had with us when he got called up? no it was probably the fact that he was hitting so many bombs for us, right? Or is it just because in reality he has killer minor league stats off minor league pitchers!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! what has he EVER proven besides being a good minor league player? he hasnt showed up in the bigs. i dont care how many chances we gave him, the ones we did he didnt show up. he played a lot in 08

He's never gotten a chance to prove anything since he revamped his approach. When a player wins Minor League player of the year he deserves more than 80 PA off the bench.

Whatever, this topic is so old.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtNasty View Post
    So what is it about bowker that makes you all think hes so great? is it his great batting average he had with us when he got called up? no it was probably the fact that he was hitting so many bombs for us, right? Or is it just because in reality he has killer minor league stats off minor league pitchers!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! what has he EVER proven besides being a good minor league player? he hasnt showed up in the bigs. i dont care how many chances we gave him, the ones we did he didnt show up. he played a lot in 08
    He never got a chance besides on 08 during his rookie season on one of the worst offensive teams of all time.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I figured as much, and if that's the case, which I am sure it is, then I can't really knock Sabean. Other teams were going to try to take advantage of us and steal away out pitchers. I think he made the wisest decision possible under the circumstances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast