Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
    vCash
    C'mon you know this user base...they're never happy

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Anyone else excited to see Carmelo and KG starting in the Allstar game together? Draammmaaaa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I'm shocked at the constant *****ing and moaning that came with the forum upgrade
    It's a big deal to some. Sorry, but it is. I've use many different internet forums and this one is flat out the worst looking one I visit now. The page numbers are way too tiny to click on. It's a hassle when you have a huge 25" widescreen monitor and you have to focus the mouse on something that's about as big as a speck of dust on your screen.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    The admins will be whining when the user count drops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    The admins will be whining when the user count drops.
    That line has been used for as long as I've been around this site yet people keep posting and signing up.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behnke2017 View Post
    That line has been used for as long as I've been around this site yet people keep posting and signing up.
    Fact: I chose this site in 2008 due to it's layout.

Fact: The layout has looked the same since 2008.

Fact: I've seen countless other posts in the forums these past few days of people who say exactly the same thing, that they came here because the layout was different from other forums.

Fact: The forum is now a carbon copy of countless other internet forums.

Fact: Users who would have chosen this sports forum over others based on it's unique layout will not choose it now.

Of course people will still sign up, as with all forums, but I'd wager cash money that the numbers will be lower now. People are click happy on the internet. Something doesn't stand out, they're going to click somewhere else.
    Last edited by 69centers; 01-17-2013 at 10:46 PM.

vCash
    I have openly asked for a mobile skin & a dark skin for years too. I never threatened to leave or anything like that though because I enjoy who I post with here and the activity level. As long as I can tell who is posting and what they're posting this will be the forum I post on. This is an improved graphical look that makes the site not look like it was from the 90s when graphics were pretty nonexistent on the web. There wasn't the use of rounded corners, icons, and gradients. There are some far sharper looking forums out there but it doesn't have the activity level because it doesn't have a giant in the sports news world running it. All other major sports sites update their look every year or 2 as well as most sites in general. The ones I do for my clients get a skin change every year and my clients love that it will change and take on a fresh new look rather than becoming a "cobweb" that sites that don't change their layout & content on a regular basis.

Change & graphics is why MySpace died. Letting users customize their page looked utterly ridiculous because you couldn't read stuff on half of the pages on there. Facebook made changes and everyone complained just like you are here and it keeps growing. The ability to show that you're constantly aware of your website and making changes is what will make them successful. This upgrade was LONG overdue and should have been done in the first place before they did the mobile apps.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    But it was the simplistic layout of this site that actually gave it the appeal. It was dated, but it also did not look like all the rest.

I don't think it will make people leave, but I do think it will attract less users looking like it does now than the old look.

vCash
    What gives this site the appeal is content. It's why any site is successful.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    The layout isn't what made users come here, 69. Not at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    The layout isn't what made users come here, 69. Not at all.
    It is in fact, what made me post here when I first started. I mainly would check PSD for the trade updates and news, and liked how the forum looked so I started posting.

Just check out the many other "complaining about the new forum" threads all over PSD and you'll see numerous users saying the exact same thing.

vCash
    Yet the activity level has been the same...

The ones complaining are the typical ones that ***** about any little thing they can because it's their right as a chronic complainer.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    I maintain that the new skin is ugly.

But the alternative is checking a bunch of of sites for news, rumors, and baseless crap instead of just 1 site. I like it here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behnke2017 View Post
    Yet the activity level has been the same...

The ones complaining are the typical ones that ***** about any little thing they can because it's their right as a chronic complainer.
    And the ones who don't roll over backwards and take it up the *** in life because we're strong, outspoken people who voice our issues as we see fit.

Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast