14. (160) Marvin Williams SF,PF
    15. (177) Glen Davis PF,C

vCash
    Thats a decent team.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    The point was, I got the C's starting 5...haha

vCash
    I'm not a Boston Celtics fan (only Boston area team that isn't my favorite team), so I thought I'd ask you guys a few questions since I know many of you from the Pats forum. What do you guys think about the Blazers this year? Did you like our offseason, many have scoffed at it and said we made bad management decisions/personnel moves. Lastly, do you think we are better than the Thunder? I have a difficult time believing we will be worse than them, but I'd like an outsider's perspective.

I also think you guys are going to be really good this year(kind of a "duh statement"), and since my roots are in Massachusetts I will always pull for you guys when my Blazers aren't in the mix. Good luck with your season.
    Last edited by BradyIsTheMan12; 10-24-2010 at 05:16 AM.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    I'm not a Boston Celtics fan (only Boston area team that isn't my favorite team), so I thought I'd ask you guys a few questions since I know many of you from the Pats forum. What do you guys think about the Blazers this year? Did you like our offseason, many have scoffed at it and said we made bad management decisions/personnel moves. Lastly, do you think we are better than the Thunder? I have a difficult time believing we will be worse than them, but I'd like an outsider's perspective.

I also think you guys are going to be really good this year(kind of a "duh statement"), and since my roots are in Massachusetts I will always pull for you guys when my Blazers aren't in the mix. Good luck with your season.
    The Blazers are definitely on their way up. I still like the Thunder a bit more in the division because of Portland's injuries though. The Thunder were one game away from beating the Lakers, and all they needed was a legit center that could defend the post. They got that when they drafted Aldrich.

I like the Wes Matthews signing, and he makes your bench a bit better.

The continuing development of Roy and Aldridge is great, but I don't think Andre Miller is the right point guard for your style of play. The Blazers play best when Roy has the ball in his hands, from what I've seen...And they won't be able to do much of that with Miller.

The bench, even with the acquisition of Matthews, is still weak due to the injuries. The ongoing fued with Rudy, along with the injuries to Oden and Pryzbilla really weaken you.

I really didn't like trading Bayless either, but at least you got a first rounder

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Check out the team I just drafted for the PSD Moderator league:
    Glen Davis wont be worth owning...but Im guessing you just wanted another Celtic on her team.

Neat how you the starting 5.
    El Presidente

vCash
    The Blazers are definitely on their way up. I still like the Thunder a bit more in the division because of Portland's injuries though. The Thunder were one game away from beating the Lakers, and all they needed was a legit center that could defend the post. They got that when they drafted Aldrich.

I like the Wes Matthews signing, and he makes your bench a bit better.

The continuing development of Roy and Aldridge is great, but I don't think Andre Miller is the right point guard for your style of play. The Blazers play best when Roy has the ball in his hands, from what I've seen...And they won't be able to do much of that with Miller.

The bench, even with the acquisition of Matthews, is still weak due to the injuries. The ongoing fued with Rudy, along with the injuries to Oden and Pryzbilla really weaken you.

I really didn't like trading Bayless either, but at least you got a first rounder
    You are 100% about Miller. He was a big part of keeping us in it when Roy wasn't healthy but when Roy is right the offense sometimes becomes a bit stagnant with Miller in the ball-handling role.

If I understand the gist of what you are saying, it's hard for you to buy into what we're doing until you know we can stay healthy/mesh together on the bench and first unit. That's understandable, outside of Oden I sort of felt like our injuries were pretty fluky but we still have to stay healthy. I also think we will be better than the Thunder assuming we are healthy. Last season we had the same record and head-to-head we had an advantage and we weren't even healthy much at all.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Blazers

vCash
    The way I look at it, Durant and Roy are a wash. Both will score and distribute and have all-star years. That's just the type of players they are.

I give the edge to Westbrook over Miller, by quite a large margin. Miller is a good player, Westbrook just works a lot better with OKC's lineup.

Sefolosha/Harden are a wash with Batum/Fernandez. Sefolosha is one of the premier perimeter defenders, though.

LaMarcus Aldridge is a bit of an upgrade over Jeff Green, but Green is a lot more versatile.

Camby gets the edge over Aldrich because of experience, but Aldrich is definitely a capable defensive center, even in his rookie year.

The real spot where the Thunder are better is the bench. Right now, Portland is slated to have their second line consisting of Armon Johnson, Fernandez, Wes Matthews, and Pendergraph, with Pryz and Oden injured.

OKC is slated to have a bench rotation of Eric Maynor, James Harden, Mo-Pete/Dequan Cook, Nick Collison, Cole Aldrich and Serge Ibaka.

They just have really solid depth, and the starting lineup could literally score 100 on their own on a good night. It's a scary team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Glen Davis wont be worth owning...but Im guessing you just wanted another Celtic on her team.

Neat how you the starting 5.
    I only grabbed him as my last pick because I didn't know the status of JO for the first week.

I'll drop him for an upgrade after the first week and all of the team rotations are set.

vCash
    The way I look at it, Durant and Roy are a wash. Both will score and distribute and have all-star years. That's just the type of players they are.

I give the edge to Westbrook over Miller, by quite a large margin. Miller is a good player, Westbrook just works a lot better with OKC's lineup.

Sefolosha/Harden are a wash with Batum/Fernandez. Sefolosha is one of the premier perimeter defenders, though.

LaMarcus Aldridge is a bit of an upgrade over Jeff Green, but Green is a lot more versatile.

Camby gets the edge over Aldrich because of experience, but Aldrich is definitely a capable defensive center, even in his rookie year.

The real spot where the Thunder are better is the bench. Right now, Portland is slated to have their second line consisting of Armon Johnson, Fernandez, Wes Matthews, and Pendergraph, with Pryz and Oden injured.

OKC is slated to have a bench rotation of Eric Maynor, James Harden, Mo-Pete/Dequan Cook, Nick Collison, Cole Aldrich and Serge Ibaka.

They just have really solid depth, and the starting lineup could literally score 100 on their own on a good night. It's a scary team.
    We'll see. I disagree on a few points mainly because I see my guys staying healthy this year, but I respect your opinion for sure. The Thunder are a very dangerous team, do denying that.

vCash
    Just found out this morning I have tickets for this friday and next friday. what a great way to start the day.

vCash
    Bastard.

vCash
    Love the draft Corey. Great fantasy team!

Bradyistheman- Thunder I think right now are better, Durant could be MVP this year, no question.

I do think the blazers have done very well, Oden needs to stay healthy, will see what he can do.

I love Westbrook and loved his game in college. I think Rudy and Roy are very solid players for Portland!

Hope one or both BEAT the hell out of the LAKERS!

vCash
    Looks like James Anderson had a pretty good first game 10 points on 50% FG and 40% 3pt

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast