Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Who cares if the CL is a rookie or not? Doesn't mean he can't do the job. He's going to be a stud CL. Also, who says DD and Leyland will be here next season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Who cares if the CL is a rookie or not? Doesn't mean he can't do the job. He's going to be a stud CL. Also, who says DD and Leyland will be here next season?
    I dont personally care, what we're saying is that management does. Like i said DD gave the job to Rodney, who was atrocious in the previous season, over a closer they had drafted with a 1st rd pick. That just tells me that Ruffin will not be handed the job next season. If he makes the team he will be a middle/late reliever while someone with experience takes the job. I feel they would do Benoit closer with AA being the setup guy. If it doesnt work then maybe Ruffin gets a go. But no way does he go into the year with the role...

As for the current management not being here, who knows. Its possible but for the sake of the discussion i think we have to assume that they are.

vCash
    Neither would be successful. Smokin' Al only has 1 pitch and he's better suited to pitch to 1 or 2 batters in the 6th or 7th. Benoit just plain sucks.
    If I'm not mistaken, Mariano Rivera only has one pitch and that seems to be enough for him to close games.

vCash
    Rivera also has a pretty good fastball and change up too. A split finger doesn't torque the arm up like Smokin' Als slider. I can't see Al lasting a full season healthy as a CL. He's a situational pitcher imo.

vCash
    I'm falling in love with Drew Smyly.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=592767

vCash
    There's plenty of room on the Drew Smyly band wagon fellas. Last night was only a 7 inning 10 K game.

He needs to get the bump to AA soon.

vCash
    There's plenty of room on the Drew Smyly band wagon fellas. Last night was only a 7 inning 10 K game.

He needs to get the bump to AA soon.
    i'll climb aboard
    "Lion tastes good. Lets get more Lions"

vCash
    Drew smyly is an absolute stud... What's the latest on Crosby?

^ HELLO HEISMAN!!!

vCash
    So I thought about making a new thread, but I suppose it fits here just as well...

Through 10 games(a few may have been rehab, but still,) Inge is hitting .286 with 3 homers and 7 RBI. I suppose if he's back up in September, he can bring that with him or shove off.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    lol

He's only batting .286 against AAA players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan14 View Post
    *Updated* 8-28-10

Im not sure if we had one of these but if we did im sure its dated and with all the stuff going on lately we could use a fresh thread.

So in here lets talk about our prospects and the farm teams.

Lets not make this a trade thread either.. Just basically state whether a guy is worth holding on to. Or should we trade him for what we can get. Also state why.

Keep:

Nick Castellanos (Plays SS and 3B. Most likely 3B for us. Sweet stroke with no visable flaws and pop. Won the college home run derby. Above average defense with range and strong arm. Was rumored to be a top 10 pick but his demand for money dropped him off. A la Rick Porcello. Drafted by Detroit in the 2nd round. Highest payed 2nd round pick of all time. Kid has a bright future if he stays healthy and I believe the sky id the limit)

Jacob Turner (Obvious reasons)

Danny Worth (guy has impressed me so far above average D. Projected to have an average bat. Plays 2B SS and 3B) -Is out for the year with Heal bruise. See how he does next year. My guess is a lot will ride on the Peralta/Inge situation.

Andy Oliver (Not to many lefties out there that can throw heat. Good spec)

Daniel Schlereth (Lefty Reliever, if he gets his command down he will be an elite bullpen guy for years to come)

Gustavo Nunez (The guy has hit at every level of baseball he has been at so far- .315 with 45 steals in the Midwest League, but the say he is as raw as they come. Im willing to take a chance with this guy and say we keep him)

Will Rhymes (have heard nothing but good about him. Especially his defense. We will see how he does in the majors)-Really like him so far. I think he has the potential to be an every day player for us at 2B if not a utility player.)

Boarderline:

Ryan Streiby(Love the power bat, But the question is can he really handle left field? Other wise he has little value to Detroit at first base.)

Brent Dlugach (He is 27 like larish but has more "upside" if you compare the both of them. Has 6 homers and 10 steals in AAA while batting .267)

Casey Crosby (After having Tommy John surgery and coming back this year his elbow inflated and the tigers shut him down for the rest of the 2010 season as advised by imfamous athlete surgeon Dr. James Andrews. He was out top pitching prospect coming into the year)

Daniel Fields (Very raw but could pan out really nicely. Has Detroit ties. Ill be honest i dont know as much about him as the others.)

Robbie Weindhart (He has not impressed me in the majors but I have not given up hope on him yet.)

Casper Wells (We have depth in the OF when it comes to our farm. Wells had a fantastic spring training and has power. Also a good glove, the only reason he falls in boarderline is because like I said we have depth and 2/3 of our Major League OF looks to be set for years to come.

Wade Gaynor (Third baseman of the future? It is to early to tell but if he continues to develop all signs point to yes. IF is obviously always the big question. But at West Michigan he is batting .280 with 8 homers and i have heard he has good footwork for a guy who is 6'3-225)

Trade Em:

Scott Sizemore (The only thing difference between Sizemore, Worth, Nunez, Fields and some of the other tigers middle infield prospects is he is more hyped, he does not impress me at all)

Alfredo Figaro (Just has never impressed me at all.. Career AAA pitcher)-Continues to not impress. He gets a spot start today. We'll see how he does

Cale Iorg (Dude completly fell of the map. I think coming into the 07 season he was one of our top specs and now doesnt cut the top 20. We probably couldnt get anything for him. Just sweetens a package deal.)- Has rebounded as of late but still doesnt have "it".

Cody Satterwhite (I heard this guy is just a complete train wreck, torn labrum? He could still become a good pitcher but if we could package him at any time for somone proven in the majors, go for it)

Jay Sborz (Guy has racked up the saves in AAA this year but is also 1-4 with an ERA over 4. Not a guy i want in the back end of my bullpen)

Well that sums it up. I know there are some other guys out there in our farm (Ciraco, Marte, Villareal, Mercedes, Ramon lebron) But i wont speak on them as I am not real familiar with them.

Thoughts?
    UPDATE 8/3/11

Looking back at this I think I did a fair job. A handful of the guys I said to trade or are boarderline are no longer with the club.

Castellanos, Turner are of course our prized possesions still.

Smyly is gathering followers and is intreguing a lot of people.

I think Villareal shows signs of brilliance.

Oliver I am not as high on as I once was...bit of a concern.

Worth.. all though he does what he needs to do is not much more then a utility guy that plays SS or 3B..anyone ever wonder about him at 2B?

I think a guy to watch out for is Westlake. the 1B out of Vandy. We will see what he does.

Crosby seems to be coming along.. Will he stay healthy?

There are more out there. So feel free to share imput of course
    Last edited by PistonsFan14; 08-03-2011 at 01:49 PM.

vCash
    Casey Crosby pitched a gem last night and his 2 August starts have been very good after a disastrous July.

Also, Tigers signed McCann yesterday and that makes 31 of their 50 draft picks, including their top 13 selections signed before the August 15th deadline.

vCash
    Casey Crosby pitched a gem last night and his 2 August starts have been very good after a disastrous July.

Also, Tigers signed McCann yesterday and that makes 31 of their 50 draft picks, including their top 13 selections signed before the August 15th deadline.
    Solid news to hear after watching Porcello give up 11 hits in less than 4 innings

vCash
    I am heading to the whitecaps game friday night. I was hoping to make it to a tigers game and maybe i still will but for now this will do. I can't wait to get a sample of our minor league system. And for $11 second row seats next to the visitor dugout you can't go wrong. maybe i'll have some updates for everyone this weekend.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    i too might head out to a caps game. I went to one when we played the great lakes loons and zach lee was pitching against us. He carried a no hitter into the 5th or 6th but once they pulled him. White Caps got the offense going.

North or South side of Holland, lionsfanphil?

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast