Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    catchers and pitchers have reported. will be nice to see the spring training invitees from the minors to get a look at them.

vCash
    LAKELAND, Fla. -- Jose Ortega, a 22-year-old right-hander from Venezuela, is one of the young pitchers turning heads for the Detroit Tigers.

“He’s got great stuff and a lot of movement on the ball,” Tigers manager Jim Leyland said. “He’s a young kid who is impressive. The question is: Is he going to throw strikes?”

Ortega, a product of the club’s academy in his native country, made big strides as a reliever in 2010. He started at West Michigan before being elevated to Lakeland and finishing up at Double-A Erie.

He was 1-0 with a 3.04 ERA in 15 games with Erie, striking out 19 and walking seven in 23 2/3 innings.

Ortega is rated Detroit’s No. 10 prospect by Baseball America.
    http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss...g_relieve.html

We have a ton of quality arms in the farm. Can't wait to see how some of these guys turn out.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Yeah. Arms definantly seem to be a strength. On that note, It would be nice to see us take some middle infielders or outfielders early in the draft. I know we do not have a 1st rounder this year (vmart signing) but from what im hearing this draft is loaded.

vCash
    Kind of random, but I'll be going to a bunch of Erie Seawolves games this year (grew up in Erie and they're really the only local sports team I had, love 'em like a major team), any Tigers prospects that I should really keep an eye on and maybe try and get an autograph?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    Kind of random, but I'll be going to a bunch of Erie Seawolves games this year (grew up in Erie and they're really the only local sports team I had, love 'em like a major team), any Tigers prospects that I should really keep an eye on and maybe try and get an autograph?
    The obvious one is Jacob Turner. (he is starting the season there, at least from what I've read) Other players to keep an eye on/get an autograph: pitcher Adam Wilk (I think he'll be a good player) and Cody Satterwhite. Those are really the only players I am high on that are on Erie. Some players that are lower in the minor league system may make it to Erie later in the season. I'll try to keep you updated with players that get called up to Erie.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Crosby will be starting for Erie tomorrow.

vCash

Hens v.s Clippers @ Columbus 4/18/10

Got the pleasure of catching a businessman's special today with the Hen's in Columbus. Hen's lost 2 of 3. Today's final was 13-5 Hen's.

Player of the game was Clete Thomas, going 2-4 with a whopping 6 RBI's, a SB and HR.

Oliver was on the bump going 6 innings with 8k's for the win. Oliver didn't impress me with his stuff but got the job done.

Strieby, Thomas and Dirks went long. Dirks w/ 2 blasts and 3 RBI's

Sizemore was not in the starting line up but was subbed late in the game. He muffed a game ending double play that was tailor made. His only plate appearance of the day was a punch out looking. I know it's still early and his 9 game stats look decent but he already gave up 3 E's.

Box
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...olaaa_colaaa_1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I75 View Post
    Got the pleasure of catching a businessman's special today with the Hen's in Columbus. Hen's lost 2 of 3. Today's final was 13-5 Hen's.

Player of the game was Clete Thomas, going 2-4 with a whopping 6 RBI's, a SB and HR.

Oliver was on the bump going 6 innings with 8k's for the win. Oliver didn't impress me with his stuff but got the job done.

Strieby, Thomas and Dirks went long. Dirks w/ 2 blasts and 3 RBI's

Sizemore was not in the starting line up but was subbed late in the game. He muffed a game ending double play that was tailor made. His only plate appearance of the day was a punch out looking. I know it's still early and his 9 game stats look decent but he already gave up 3 E's.

Box
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...olaaa_colaaa_1
    Thanks for the info.

I am really starting to lose any of the faith I had in Sizemore. His defense blows and his bat in the majors is terrible.

I think he might be moved at the deadline if possible as part of a package deal. Our minor league system seems to be filled with a ton mediocre guys. (at best)

Hopefully Dierks keeps beasting it.

vCash
    Got to see a SeaWolves double header Saturday. I don't think he's really a known prospect, but Deik Scram was a monster. The first baseman Justin Henry was just awful in the field. He could've had at least 3 errors (some guy who behind us who was hilarious and yelling stuff behind us all game would yell "Nooooooo" whenever he was going near the ball lol). SeaWolves ended up winning the first one 15-6 so that was a lot of fun.

Only stayed for 4 innings of the second game and, while I was really excited to see him, Casey Crosby couldn't draw a swinging strike to save his life. I wasn't counting but every batter in the first inning had at least 7 or so pitches, basically every strike a foul.

Hoping Jacob Turner stays down until I get to another game
    Last edited by OneTuzSea; 04-24-2011 at 11:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    Got to see a SeaWolves double header Saturday. I don't think he's really a known prospect, but Deik Scram was a monster. The first baseman Justin Henry was just awful in the field. He could've had at least 3 errors (some guy who behind us who was hilarious and yelling stuff behind us all game would yell "Nooooooo" whenever he was going near the ball lol). SeaWolves ended up winning the first one 15-6 so that was a lot of fun.

Only stayed for 4 innings of the second game and, while I was really excited to see him, Casey Crosby couldn't draw a swinging strike to save his life. I wasn't counting but every batter in the first inning had at least 7 or so pitches, basically every strike a foul.

Hoping Jacob Turner stays down until I get to another game
    Good stuff. Always looking to hear about games in the minors.

vCash
    Last edited by JMDTM; 04-26-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=true&sid=t512

AAA Roster with Stats

What Sticks Out:

Does Timo Perez's numbers pop out at anyone else? I know its early but he is doing well.

NI with with a record of 3-0 but an era over 4. I really had high hopes for him after his first year.

Dierks is still doing damage.

Cale Iorg. .243 and 11 ERRORS!!!!!!! Wow.
    Last edited by PistonsFan14; 05-12-2011 at 08:52 AM.

vCash
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=true&sid=t106

AA Roster with stats

What sticks out:

Ben Guez-batting .340 with a nice mix of 4 doubles, 5 triples and 4 home runs.

Turner doing well.

LJ Gagnier has similar stats to Turner. Impressive

Ruffin's era is 0.90 and a whip of 1.10. Word around is he is the future closer with Ryan Perry not showing promise any more.

vCash
    Was just poking around on MiLB.com, and I noticed a couple things that really stood out to me.

Duane Below(Toledo Rotation): It's a name I've heard on here, but wasn't very familiar with, but the numbers are real solid. 8-4 with a 3.18 era in 102 innings(16 starts.) 74 K's to 30 walks, and a solid 1.15 WHIP. Looks like another name to watch if one of the starters go down.

Jacob Turner(Erie Rotation): 3-2 with a 3.07 ERA in 93 innings, with 77 SO's to 25 BB's, and a very nice WHIP at 1.11. Hope he at least sees the second half with Toledo, so he has a chance at the rotation in the spring.

Casey Crosby(Erie Rotation): After several injury riddled years, he looks to be putting it together this year. 5-2 with a 3.06 ERA in 70 innings, 61 K's, but way too many walks with 43.

Chance Ruffin(Erie Bullpen): Now, I knew he was gonna be pretty good, but I had no idea his numbers were this good. 2.12 ERA in 31 games(34 innings,) and 28 SO's to 8 BB's. Would not be surprised to see him in Detroit this September. Looks like he just got moved up to Toledo as well, so he could even be up here sooner.

Francisco Martinez(Erie, 3B): One thing we don't have is alot of great offensive prospects, but this guy looks pretty legit. .286 average, 7 homers, 45 RBI, and oh yeah, he play's third.

Nick Castellanos(West Michigan, 3B): Our other third baseman of the future, having a solid season for the Whitecaps. .300 AVG, 18 doubles, 3 triples, 4 homers and 45 RBI. Strikeouts are high though, at 77 through 277 AB's. Still looks like a name to watch though.

Toledo is incredibly offensively challenged(Will Rhymes has the highest average of the starters at .301), and it doesn't get a whole lot better in Erie. Hopefully some of the guys in the lower levels can move up quickly to help build up the numbers. Pitching looks fairly solid up and down, other than Andy Oliver's 5.00 era in Toledo. Hope you enjoyed reading. XD
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Yep, Tigs have been drafting pitcher after pitcher and it is showing with a surplus of pitching prospects and few position player prospects (other then 3B).

That said, today pitching, not hitting, is the #1 need on the big club.

My gut is that maybe Turner is ready next season and we add starting pitching from the farm.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast