Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    How's those 2B and SS prospects coming along?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    How's those 2B and SS prospects coming along?
    At SS Gustavo nunez is our 1# guy, I have scouted him for a while now, since spring training. Here are some pros and cons on him

Pros: Jose Reyes like speed, He hardly ever strikes out, Switch hitter, plays a scarce position, he has hit for a very high average and his contact is rated extremely high and he just turned 22

Cons: Hes been thrown out a third of the time trying to steal this year, Hes only at A ball right now.

I dont know anything about 2B, I think Sizemores our best spect at the spot, and he sucks balls....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepercell3 View Post
    At SS Gustavo nunez is our 1# guy, I have scouted him for a while now, since spring training. Here are some pros and cons on him

Pros: Jose Reyes like speed, He hardly ever strikes out, Switch hitter, plays a scarce position, he has hit for a very high average and his contact is rated extremely high and he just turned 22

Cons: Hes been thrown out a third of the time trying to steal this year, Hes only at A ball right now.

I dont know anything about 2B, I think Sizemores our best spect at the spot, and he sucks balls....
    I thought he was joking lol. Either way, good update on Nunez but don't forget about Daniel Fields.

vCash
    last i heard, they had daniel fields playing in the outfield.

^ HELLO HEISMAN!!!

vCash
    Anyone have news on Brent Dlugach? Other then what I have?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcanadian409 View Post
    last i heard, they had daniel fields playing in the outfield.
    I tried to look it up and I think you're right. What site do you use (or anyone else for that matter)? Most of what I read suggests our system is pretty weak. I tried baseball-reference.com just now and sure enough it had him at CF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan14 View Post
    Anyone have news on Brent Dlugach? Other then what I have?
    Here is a disheartening update I dug up. Hopefully it's different than what you have:

"Brent Dlugach- Brent has been getting the bulk of the time at SS in Toledo this season, playing 41 of 57 games in the hole."

"...lack of ability to make contact and get on base, add some mediocre defense at SS, and he doesn't look like much of an option. Maybe the Tigers will promote Ciriaco or Iorg and put them at SS or 3B in Toledo, otherwise, they figure to put Worth at SS and Rhymes or Sizemore at 3B with the other playing 2B. We'll know soon where they're going."

vCash
    Everyone knew Dlugach sucked, but we were hoping. I thikn Rhymes is the 2B of the future for the Tigers. He would make a very good #9 or #2 hitter with solid defense. Just not sure what they will do with him next season since we have Guillen still.

vCash
    he can come off the bench for all i care. rhymes has better range and i like the speed threat
    "Lion tastes good. Lets get more Lions"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theDutchDetroit View Post
    he can come off the bench for all i care. rhymes has better range and i like the speed threat
    Agreed rhymes is good. I wouldnt jusy hop on his band wagon yet, he did only bat like 250 in his brief stint, but he had some clutch hits and could play D. Also he can steal a base, we need another guy who can run. Have guillen back up and have rhymes start if he performs this spring and after hes recalled

vCash
    Rhymes has a great glove...he has a future as a utility player

vCash
    I am going to update my original post as we go along. So this will be updated. Feel free to keep posting and I can add it to the first post.

vCash
    I will be updating this around spring training ish time.

Feel free to add more news and thoughts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepercell3 View Post
    Agreed rhymes is good. I wouldnt jusy hop on his band wagon yet, he did only bat like 250 in his brief stint, but he had some clutch hits and could play D. Also he can steal a base, we need another guy who can run. Have guillen back up and have rhymes start if he performs this spring and after hes recalled
    Actually he hit 304. with 12 doubles,3 triples,1 hr,19 RBI's,14BB,and 16 SO's in 191 AB's.Please if your listening Dombrowski,make the team younger and put Rhymes at Second!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duggy View Post
    Actually he hit 304. with 12 doubles,3 triples,1 hr,19 RBI's,14BB,and 16 SO's in 191 AB's.Please if your listening Dombrowski,make the team younger and put Rhymes at Second!
    The only thing with Rhymes is that he isn't that young. The guy turns 28 on April 1st. Yes, he's younger than Guillen, but as a prospect, that's ancient. Rhymes did well with us in his brief stint and could be effective at 2nd for a brief stint, but don't expect the world from him. He should make the roster out of spring training though, I hope.

I actually am good starting Guillen at 2nd because I know he won't last and that we do have Rhymes to fill in. But I would be more nervous if we were to pin our 2b hopes solely on Rhymes.

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast