Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good read.

http://www.blessyouboys.com/detroit-...tions-answered

I love what they said about Danry Vazquez.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    MLB.com top 100

Nick C #21
    Rondon #92

Didn't notice Garcia but could've missed him

vCash
    Garcia wasn't in the top 100. When a ton of other MLB teams call about the availability of Garcia and are told he's not available, that right there should tell you how highly regarded of a prospect he is. Same with Rondon. Tigers really do have 3 top legit prospects right now at AA or higher.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Here's a guy we all should be excited about for the future. He could be very similiar to the KC SS Escobar, but with a lesser arm.

#9 - SS Eugino Suarez

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2013/2/1...eugenio-suarez
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Here's a guy we all should be excited about for the future. He could be very similiar to the KC SS Escobar, but with a lesser arm.

#9 - SS Eugino Suarez

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2013/2/1...eugenio-suarez
    Good read. Kind of sounds like a lite version of Alexi Ramirez, no?!?

I hope that he can turn into an everyday shortstop...but quite honestly, I am fine with a guy like Dixon Machado (all glove, no stick) taking over at SS if we plan to keep Cabrera at 3B and Fielder at 1B over the next 3-4 years. Just my opinion. We have the DH spot to make up for one bad stick, SS, especially if 2 years from now we have an outfield of Castellanos, Jackson, Garcia...that does not leave many offensive holes on our squad. Again, just my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Good read. Kind of sounds like a lite version of Alexi Ramirez, no?!?

I hope that he can turn into an everyday shortstop...but quite honestly, I am fine with a guy like Dixon Machado (all glove, no stick) taking over at SS if we plan to keep Cabrera at 3B and Fielder at 1B over the next 3-4 years. Just my opinion. We have the DH spot to make up for one bad stick, SS, especially if 2 years from now we have an outfield of Castellanos, Jackson, Garcia...that does not leave many offensive holes on our squad. Again, just my opinion.
    Saurez isn't Peralta. He actually plays a little defense. If the swing is more productive and the defense is average, give me that guy. We might not have a hole in the defense if it was machado looking ahead assuming he reaches his potential. But we would have a hole in the batting order and I'm not a fan of going into an inning with an out already assumed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Saurez isn't Peralta. He actually plays a little defense. If the swing is more productive and the defense is average, give me that guy. We might not have a hole in the defense if it was machado looking ahead assuming he reaches his potential. But we would have a hole in the batting order and I'm not a fan of going into an inning with an out already assumed
    I am picking up what you are putting down, I truly am. I guess that it would be nice to see a guy other than Jackson defend his position "better than average"...especially the SS. Not every guy is going to hit .300 or above the .255 MLB average, look at the past 10 seasons: Brandon Inge, Mike Rivera, Chris Shelton, Carlos Pena, Ramon Santiago, Will Rhymes, Scott Sizemore, Fernando Vina, Damion Easley, Eric Munson, Craig Paquette, Shane Halter, Edgar Renteria, Omar Infante, Delmon Young, Ryan Raburn, Josh Anderson, Jacque Jones, Craig Monroe, Rondell White, Bobby Higginson, Alex Sanchez, Gene Kingsale, Jose Macias, Brennan Boesch, Jacob Cruz, and Robert Fick...it is litered with guys on the starting lineups that that don't hit for **** AND cannot defend.

I understand that there are two sides to baseball and positional players need to hit in order to find a spot on the team...I just feel that we are pedestrian defensively and if we had one more gold glover on the field (specifically at SS) it would make life much easier for the Tigs...especially the way we are currently constructed.

These things said, Peralta is our SS, we are all in for 2013...I hope and pray that Yanni does well this season. I am pulling for him, I really am.

I, however, would not be opposed to Dixon Machado or a guy like him taking over in 2014...we have enough offense to make up for a "sure out" in four out of five/six at bats.

vCash
    First of all, Robert Fick was a G.

Second of all, I too am picking up what you are putting down. But Machado and Saurez aren't polar opposites. Machado truly has no weight to throw behind his swing and doesn't clear his hips fast enough and get his hands through the zone. Saurez isn't spectacular but is far better defensively than yohan peralta and he'll probably swing the stick better than him too when he comes up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    First of all, Robert Fick was a G.

Second of all, I too am picking up what you are putting down. But Machado and Saurez aren't polar opposites. Machado truly has no weight to throw behind his swing and doesn't clear his hips fast enough and get his hands through the zone. Saurez isn't spectacular but is far better defensively than yohan peralta and he'll probably swing the stick better than him too when he comes up
    Easy now...Fick was sweet for about two months of two different seasons...

Truth be told, we are on the same page with the SS position. I hope that one of those two guys can be an everyday guy; the reality is that both will have to fight for an everyday job as many "experts" think that both are no better than utility guys. I just know that beyond this year I want no more Yanni, not at SS and certainly not on the PA system at CoPa.

PS. I liked Fick but his is the epitome of what we Tiger fans fall in love with...a draft pick that plays no better than average and we fall in love with them for their "old school" play or their high motor or their competitive fire, etc. Insert Inge, Higginson, Dirks, Berry, Boesch, etc. you get my drift, there are literally a few dozen that we could both name.

vCash
    He was my favorite player back at the end of the nineties when I was a kid.

I haven't been a real fan of julie peralta since he hit that homerun that one time against that one team when he played for that other team. I hope one of these guys is good enough to take the job so we don't have to shop for another SS because we've seen just how hard that is to do this year.

*That one time doesn't really exist because I've never really been a fan. But if you have to imagine a scene, think of the 2007 alcs against the redsox. had to have been game 4 because cleveland took a 3-1 lead in the series and promptly lost the next 3 to lose the series

vCash
    lol Fick is actually one of my all time favorite Tigers because of the brawl with the ChiSox when the fans were dumping beer on his head and he was all smiles, living up the moment. It was awesome lol, I'd love to find the clip but I'd be better off trying to find Noah's Ark

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast