Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/a...s_det&c_id=det

He's just on fire. I hope the Tigers keep him there all year so he can dominate a league, something I wish they let Turner do before rushing him up.

I wonder if Nick will move up to the top 25 prospect range now?

vCash
    The way he's swinging this year, nobody has been better. With a .417 average, Castellanos entered play Thursday topping all Minor League hitters -- every level, every organization, every age.
    That made me smile

vCash
    I got to see him a couple times last year with the whitecaps. It stinks he's not over here anymore but then again that means he's one step closer to the big club.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    Well we can't watch him in West Michigan anymore. I guess he's just going to have to get called up so we can watch him in Detroit... jk of course.

When are we going to move him from 3B? Or did we already?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Well we can't watch him in West Michigan anymore. I guess he's just going to have to get called up so we can watch him in Detroit... jk of course.

When are we going to move him from 3B? Or did we already?
    Couple scouting quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Goldstein
    Castellanos's hit tool stands out. He has a decent approach at the plate and a quick bat with excellent hands. He has long arms and a knack for hard contact, and some scouts project 20-plus home runs out of him once his skinny frame fills out. He's improving at third base to the point where scouts think he can stay there, and a plus arm helps his cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hunt
    Castellanos looks like a legitimate third baseman both for real life and fantasy purposes. He probably won't be in Detroit for at least two to three more seasons, if he doesn't become a trade chip for the team at a later date. I like seeing the extra base hits from last year, even if they only translated to 7 home runs. The strikeout rate is a bit concerning, but he has shown slight improvement in that category this year (19.3% vs 23% last year).

Overall, he sounds like there are parts of his game that are still a bit raw, but others that are advanced for his age and level. He profiles to me as a top-10 3B once he gets to the Majors, and should definitely be on the radar of dynasty league owners if he is not already owned.
    http://www.faketeams.com/2012/5/4/29...ck-castellanos

vCash
    It depends what they do with Miggy though and how long they allow Prince to stay at 1B. Nick may have to play LF or RF for a year or two first.

vCash
    Looks like the Tigers prospects are getting some dap nationally now.

http://motorcitybengals.com/2012/05/...hot-sheet-man/

vCash
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...349/1129/rss15

Nothing too earth shattering in there but it gives a good update on our minor league guys hitting well. It also looks like the Tigers have a very good coaching staff in AA Eerie.

vCash
    Good article on the minor leagues.

http://motorcitybengals.com/2012/05/...m-update-time/

I've said it for awhile now, but Justin Henry is a guy the Tigers needs to seriously consider to call up and play a ton at 2B. He's a big OBP guy with some speed. He has no power or won't have a high SLG %, but who cares if you hit 9 or 2 in this lineup? With Miggy and Prince batting right after him, he will score a ton of runs. He is also versatile and plays OF so in late innings he can move from 2B to RF or LF so Santiago can play 2B. He could also spell Jackson in CF when he needs days off.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=henry-001jus

vCash
    I'm not sure what more Justin Henry has to do at AAA, but he is now leading the team in AVG and OBP. I know his SLG is garbage but he plays 3B, 2B, and all 3 OF positions and he has some speed. He is superior to Raturd in all aspects of baseball other then power.

He's 27 right now and can have an impact on this team in the future if given the shot. He's probably a better version of Kelley tbh.

vCash
    So basically he is a Will Rhymes clone?
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I'm not sure what more Justin Henry has to do at AAA, but he is now leading the team in AVG and OBP. I know his SLG is garbage but he plays 3B, 2B, and all 3 OF positions and he has some speed. He is superior to Raturd in all aspects of baseball other then power.

He's 27 right now and can have an impact on this team in the future if given the shot. He's probably a better version of Kelley tbh.
    But Raburn's a starter!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    I see what you did there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    We all know how he turned out.

vCash
    Turner is no longer a top 25 prospect according to Keith Law and with the draft today I am not sure if he's going to be top 50. Nick is listed at 18.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/story...t-baseball-mlb

It's a paywall article for ESPN Insider.

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast