Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 632
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,431
    vCash
    1500
    Also glad to see the classy Maroth has found his way back into the system. He never got the respect for what he added to the 06' team. Without his first half starts, the Tigers wouldn't have made the post-season. With his unimposing physique, he must know a thing or two about pitching to have lasted as long as he did in the show.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,531
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I enjoy the the arguments against the Tiger's over-aggressive promotions, I just wish the FO would see the light the way MCB writers have.
    I agree, but ever since Day 1 of the Leyland tenure as coach he's been consistent when he said "I'll take talent over experience any day of the week." Tigers rush their prospects because of their "talent" and not what they are currently doing. It has both helped and hurt the team but I have to give Leyland credit with his consistency.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,654
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I agree, but ever since Day 1 of the Leyland tenure as coach he's been consistent when he said "I'll take talent over experience any day of the week." Tigers rush their prospects because of their "talent" and not what they are currently doing. It has both helped and hurt the team but I have to give Leyland credit with his consistency.
    Leyland has NOTHING to do with minor league promotions and "rushing" prospects...

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,531
    vCash
    1500
    Yes he does, he picks the 25 man roster. Back in 2006 he picked Zumaya and JV when they hadn't had much experience in the minors. Same with Perry and Porcello, and now with Turner.

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2,382
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Yes he does, he picks the 25 man roster. Back in 2006 he picked Zumaya and JV when they hadn't had much experience in the minors. Same with Perry and Porcello, and now with Turner.
    We were all hoping lightning would strike twice when porcello and perry came up. What a mistake. But that's what got us to the world series in 2006, so we can't exactly fault Leyland. He does have a say in who he wants.

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,654
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Yes he does, he picks the 25 man roster. Back in 2006 he picked Zumaya and JV when they hadn't had much experience in the minors. Same with Perry and Porcello, and now with Turner.
    NRIs to spring training are not up to Leyland...If they pitch well and give the Tigers the best shot to win of course Leyland is going to want them on the 25 man...other than that he doesn't have input on promotions...when they call up a pitcher from the minors for a spot start they refer to the coaches in the minors as to who their best option is...

    Leyland doesn't have time to watch these guys and do scouting...only what he sees in ST.

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,431
    vCash
    1500
    It's too bad they can't put Porcello back in the minors to work on his secondary pitches without messing up his confidence. Hopefully he puts the work in during the offseason.

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,431
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by klane079 View Post
    NRIs to spring training are not up to Leyland...If they pitch well and give the Tigers the best shot to win of course Leyland is going to want them on the 25 man...other than that he doesn't have input on promotions...when they call up a pitcher from the minors for a spot start they refer to the coaches in the minors as to who their best option is...

    Leyland doesn't have time to watch these guys and do scouting...only what he sees in ST.
    Then shame on the coaches in the minors for not realizing that talent isn't enough for a SP with only 2 major league pitches. Porcello with another year under his belt would have been better able to adjust to the league after they started to figure him out.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,531
    vCash
    1500

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,531
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...2/2612808.html


    Wow, the Royals team for 2015 looks so f-ing good. I mean scary WS good.

    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...2/2612809.html

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    14,122
    vCash
    3000
    2015 projected 2nd basement: Ramon Santiago

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,531
    vCash
    1500
    And Peralta at SS.


    lol

    Our minor leagues is garbage.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    263
    vCash
    1500
    According to MLB.com's top 100 prospect list, Turner comes in at #15, Castellanos #51, and Smyly #82
    Welcome back Prince.
    WE'RE ALL IN.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,321
    vCash
    1500
    I was looking around our minors and found something interesting.

    This team doesn't have enough speed, and hasn't for a long time. If we were to be looking for a bit of speed, then we have to look no further than Toledo in the form of Quintin Berry. Through twelve games, he's hitting .320/.424/.460 with 9 walks and 12 K's. He also has *SEVEN* stolen bases. More than our entire team put together currently. I'd love if we could somehow get rid of Delmon, and have Dirks play left with Berry as the fourth OF/speed off the bench.
    #teamboom4life

    MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,531
    vCash
    1500
    Henry also has speed in AAA and he plays 2B.

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •