Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
    Hill is a magician with the glove in CF. I have him pegged as a 4th OF right now, but if his bat becomes serviceable then he's definite starting CF.

ahoda, agreed on Hill but don't forget about Daz Cameron and Jacob Robson. I especially like Robson passing these guys up. He just gets on base (.399 and .380 OB%) and wreaks havoc. He is also a plus CF defensively. They classify him as a prototypical lead off hitter. He actually reminds me a lot of Ellsbury and Gardner in their younger days. He will be a grinder who Detroit fans will love, IMO. HE's a LH bat so he can platoon with Jones or Mahtook early on if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    ahoda, agreed on Hill but don't forget about Daz Cameron and Jacob Robson. I especially like Robson passing these guys up. He just gets on base (.399 and .380 OB%) and wreaks havoc. He is also a plus CF defensively. They classify him as a prototypical lead off hitter. He actually reminds me a lot of Ellsbury and Gardner in their younger days. He will be a grinder who Detroit fans will love, IMO. HE's a LH bat so he can platoon with Jones or Mahtook early on if needed.
    where do you find your info? you seem like you're totally clued in and it reminds me of dudes from the Wings forum, and it's a good thing, I'm just jealous lol

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    where do you find your info? you seem like you're totally clued in and it reminds me of dudes from the Wings forum, and it's a good thing, I'm just jealous lol
    Probably goes to the minor league games.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Probably goes to the minor league games.
    seems reasonable lol, I miss the obvious sometimes

Either that or hes just blowing smoke up our ***** lol

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    MMMM I love a smokey ***.

I love prospects and projections so I do a lot of internet reading and viewing for baseball and football prospects. Love to follow and project them. It's a bad science though sometimes you hit the mark hard and then sometimes you miss completely. I really just enjoy doing the research on these guys and analyzing them. I get my info from a lot of places on the web but when you can see them (and I do hit some games when I can but mostly video) to me is when I'm sold so video is really good but stats are the meat and potatoes. If a guy has a good OB% in HS, then in college, and again in the minors, then how can you not project that into the MLB. I'm also very old school where I like an all around guy. Give me average, OB%, fielding, then the gravy of the HR's, RBI's, and steals. I love the steals by the way. This keeps you out of a lot of double plays at the front of your order. Plus is puts everyone on edge. Steals and bunting are a lost art to baseball which is a shame.

I'm not trying to ONK, just giving you my opinion on players. I'm not a professional so it's all armature scouting but I do put effort into it before I post. You can take it or ignore it. It won't bother me. I do the same with everyone else who posts on boards across the web. We are all just voicing our own opinions without pay so I don't get too excited about it.

I was just teasing dude. I appreciate your info.

I was just teasing dude. I appreciate your info.
    I know but I don't want people thinking I'm one of those know it all guys and what I say is gospel. I'm just your regular Joe who does some research and gives his opinion. Just wanted to be clear on it. I like this board and find it has a lot of info and opinions I agree with so don't want to rock the boat man. I have tough skin, so I don't mind being torched now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    i know but i don't want people thinking i'm one of those know it all guys and what i say is gospel. I'm just your regular joe who does some research and gives his opinion. Just wanted to be clear on it. I like this board and find it has a lot of info and opinions i agree with so don't want to rock the boat man. I have tough skin, so i don't mind being torched now and again.

stfu hoog! This is my website!

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859