Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
    So the September call ups, I'm reading the likes of Adduci, Holaday, Collins, Hardy, and Ryan amongst other older prospects. Does that really get your blood flowing? I want to see more of our future come up and experience the life of a MLB player so they are more ready when they do get the full time call. Here's my list of hopefuls for the September call up:

1. Jeimer Candelario 3B/1B- would be an upgrade in the field but the bat is still working itself out seeing as how he as a .277 on base at Toledo and is a .263 hitter. He does, however, have a .342 on base overall in the minors and has some pop with 15 HRS.

2. Kody Eaves 3B/2B- he is quietly becoming a decent prospect at 24 years old. He can handle 3B/2B and I believe he also has some SS in the minors. I would love to see him take on some OF so he can be a good bench player. He has a .348 on base with 12 HR's.

3. Harold Castro 2B/SS/3B/OF- for me, I see him as our next Romine. This guy has played everywhere and does a decent job. He could possibly have a much better bat than Romine and he has speed (20 SB) to go with it. He's only 23 and was stuck at AA all year (WHY?) which kind of upset me. He should have been moved up. I like this kid a lot.

4. Mike Gerber OF- kid can play all three outfield spots. He has hit at every level as a LH bat. Pretty decent athlete but is getting older (25) as a prospect. Another guy that should have been in Toledo this year, all year. He's not a superstar but I think he could be a solid starter or very valuable bench LH bat.

5. Artie Lawicki Starting Pitcher- Besides Farmer, he's the only starter I would bring up. He's 4-0 in four starts with the Hens and holds a 2.55 ERA. I'd give him a few starts to see what we have here. As the older guys like VerHagen, Farmer, etc.. seem to fail we need new life in our September call up prospects.

6. Jario Labourt LHR- he lost his control he had from AA to AAA but the kid still produced (1.80 ERA) in Toledo. I think he would benefit from a MLB pitching coach and should get some reps. He and Strumpf might be our two LH relievers next season so let this kid (23) get comfortable.

7. Zac Reininger RHR- another of a nice crop of young relievers we have in the minors. He has produced and is very worthy of the call up. He's 24 years old and looks the part of a decent bullpen arm. We need a push in the pen for next year and this kid could be one that sticks.

8. Bryan Garcia RHR- the youngest of the crop of relievers at 22 years old but I think he's ready. He has held his own in Toledo (2.89 ERA) after dominating A and AA. I really would like to see the young blood guys come in and steal some spots in the pen.

I agree, but I believe Reininger was called up the other day but maybe I misread that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Congrats to Ahoda on winning "PSD 2015 Post of the year!" ... What a huge honor it is to have you contribute to our forum. I hope you post twice as much in 2016 & give us twice the quality posts & twice the laughter!

Just more proof that our management is incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Just more proof that our management is incompetent.
    Agreed. I think Ausmus has lost this team after watching the brawl. He's just come unglued and should be given his walking papers as soon as the last game ends. I don't think any of these coaches is worth a darn either. We've regressed hitting the ball, stealing bases, and pitching. When's the last time a young guy came up and got better? Heck, even Fulmer is showing signs of regressing. If we could get a decent pitching coach in here just think how good Norris, Fulmer, Boyd, and even Farmer may be.....not to mention Rondon who've they've completely lost. Just look how bad these relievers are doing like Jimenez. Comes up and he's a complete disaster. There's a common thread here.

Been reading Astros fans takes on the 3 players we got back and they seem to be saying Rogers is the biggest loss, especially if he can hit since his defense is so good. They have said Cameron has been on fire the past couple months and really coming into his own as a prospect. They don't really care about Perez too much, just simply saying he's a #3 at best.

All 3 of the guys should be in our top 10 and Perez will probably take over the #1 prospect for us. Manning is still the highest ceiling prospect we have but is very very very raw and still learning how to pitch.

I do like the stable of young stud arms the Tigers have acquired. Good young pitching can be traded for more value then good young offense.

Congrats to Ahoda on winning "PSD 2015 Post of the year!" ... What a huge honor it is to have you contribute to our forum. I hope you post twice as much in 2016 & give us twice the quality posts & twice the laughter!

I've seen Rogers and Cameron play. They could both be pretty good. Perez is likely going to be a bullpen arm, but he isn't bad, either.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I've seen Rogers and Cameron play. They could both be pretty good. Perez is likely going to be a bullpen arm, but he isn't bad, either.

Thanks for the insight. Why do you say Perez is likely a bullpen arm?

Why is Perez the highest rated one of the 3 yet everybody keeps saying he's not that great?

I like what I've read on all 3 of them to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    So the September call ups, I'm reading the likes of Adduci, Holaday, Collins, Hardy, and Ryan amongst other older prospects. Does that really get your blood flowing? I want to see more of our future come up and experience the life of a MLB player so they are more ready when they do get the full time call. Here's my list of hopefuls for the September call up:

1. Jeimer Candelario 3B/1B- would be an upgrade in the field but the bat is still working itself out seeing as how he as a .277 on base at Toledo and is a .263 hitter. He does, however, have a .342 on base overall in the minors and has some pop with 15 HRS.

2. Kody Eaves 3B/2B- he is quietly becoming a decent prospect at 24 years old. He can handle 3B/2B and I believe he also has some SS in the minors. I would love to see him take on some OF so he can be a good bench player. He has a .348 on base with 12 HR's.

3. Harold Castro 2B/SS/3B/OF- for me, I see him as our next Romine. This guy has played everywhere and does a decent job. He could possibly have a much better bat than Romine and he has speed (20 SB) to go with it. He's only 23 and was stuck at AA all year (WHY?) which kind of upset me. He should have been moved up. I like this kid a lot.

4. Mike Gerber OF- kid can play all three outfield spots. He has hit at every level as a LH bat. Pretty decent athlete but is getting older (25) as a prospect. Another guy that should have been in Toledo this year, all year. He's not a superstar but I think he could be a solid starter or very valuable bench LH bat.

5. Artie Lawicki Starting Pitcher- Besides Farmer, he's the only starter I would bring up. He's 4-0 in four starts with the Hens and holds a 2.55 ERA. I'd give him a few starts to see what we have here. As the older guys like VerHagen, Farmer, etc.. seem to fail we need new life in our September call up prospects.

6. Jario Labourt LHR- he lost his control he had from AA to AAA but the kid still produced (1.80 ERA) in Toledo. I think he would benefit from a MLB pitching coach and should get some reps. He and Strumpf might be our two LH relievers next season so let this kid (23) get comfortable.

7. Zac Reininger RHR- another of a nice crop of young relievers we have in the minors. He has produced and is very worthy of the call up. He's 24 years old and looks the part of a decent bullpen arm. We need a push in the pen for next year and this kid could be one that sticks.

8. Bryan Garcia RHR- the youngest of the crop of relievers at 22 years old but I think he's ready. He has held his own in Toledo (2.89 ERA) after dominating A and AA. I really would like to see the young blood guys come in and steal some spots in the pen.
    Man, it's worse than I thought it was going to be. Just read we brought up 31 year old Efren Navaro and 30 year olds Hardy/Holaday. Why when your rebuilding would you do that? Just when I think AA seems to pull his head out he does something stupid like this. At least he called up Labourt. I didn't get down to see him in Toledo so this should be fun. I'll add, however, the AAA pitching coach did him no favors as his control left him about the same time he joined the Mud Hens.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Why is Perez the highest rated one of the 3 yet everybody keeps saying he's not that great?

I like what I've read on all 3 of them to be honest
    ONK, I think the kids fantastic. He's 19 at high A already and holding his own. He has three very good pitches so I don't know why people are throwing him in the pen already. Maybe it's his good fastball but I see him as a top 2 in the rotation guy. He has the size and once he fills out he'll get even better.

So this is how they have the latest players ranked on our top 30:

Perez- #1
    Cameron- #6
    Rogers- #8
    Grayson Long- #15

Gerber has to be added to the 40 man roster this off season. He was just called up to Toledo as well. After the Mud Hens season is over I am assuming Gerber gets called up.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=det

Perez is the new #1.

Cameron is #6.

Rogers is #8.

Long is #15

Over the next few seasons this thread will get used a ton since prospects is all we have to look forward too.

The writer in the link below is posting his best guesses on what team the Top 30 prospects will start at in 2018.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/9/...-of-the-top-30

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast