Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    Stewart probably gets more walks in a week than Moya does in a season.

No idea why he isn't talked about more. Granted I've never seen him play. His D must be atrocious because his offense looks to be legit.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Stewart probably gets more walks in a week than Moya does in a season.

No idea why he isn't talked about more. Granted I've never seen him play. His D must be atrocious because his offense looks to be legit.
    He has a huge hole in his swing and he Ks way too much. His defense isn't very good either. But I do agree. He really should be in the lower end of the top 100

Every power hitter these days K way too much though. Hell, even a lot of non power hitters do.

Typical of the Tigers though. If they don't draft a wild hard thrower in the first round, may as well draft a future DH.

If every player Ks too much then it's not too much. Just a different game nowadays. Home run or bust.

So where do our three new prospects rank in the Tigers organization?

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    So where do our three new prospects rank in the Tigers organization?
    probably right about where they were with Arizona, I believe both systems are pretty weak

So after our "prospect haul" in the JD Martinez deal, some of you are wondering where they fit in the Tigers top 30.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=det

Let me save you the trouble.

Lugo went from the #4 prospect in AZ to the Tigers #11.

Sergio Alcantara went from the #15 in AZ to the Tigers #18.

Jose King is unranked on both.

And tbh, I think King is the 1 player on this list to be excited about and we really won't know what we have for a couple years in him. He has the make up of a leadoff or #9 hitter. Nice OBP type of guy with some speed. If he develops some gap power he could be a #2 but probably won't develop it enough for #2.

cool we have two Alcantaras

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/8/...r-league-recap

Burrows is really turning it on as of late. The Tigers have 3 special arms in the minors with a couple right behind on the talent. The Tigers rebuild could really get interesting in late 2018/early 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    https://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/8/...r-league-recap

Burrows is really turning it on as of late. The Tigers have 3 special arms in the minors with a couple right behind on the talent. The Tigers rebuild could really get interesting in late 2018/early 2019.
    I'm glad we have good minor league pitching. I would prefer top potential in pitching to hitting most days.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I'm glad we have good minor league pitching. I would prefer top potential in pitching to hitting most days.
    With a park like Comerica, an emphasis should be put on pitching, defense & speed before power. In my opinion at least

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    With a park like Comerica, an emphasis should be put on pitching, defense & speed before power. In my opinion at least
    I'd swap speed and power, but I want good defense. I don't think we've ever had an above average defense.

Pitchers flame out too easy. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with having stud pitchng prospects but we never develop any good position players that we drafted.

Who are the best ones since Travis Fryman? Granderson? Castellanos? it's a f'n joke.

Small sample size but at least the Paredes kid is lighting it up at West Michigan. Maybe we'll get lucky.

* although we didn't draft Paredes I guess but he is only 18 so his development is up to the Tigers...which is scary.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/8/...n-bryan-garcia

The Bryan Garcia stuff is very intriguing. If Jimenez and him pan out the back end of our bull pen in a couple years will be a huge strength.

Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast