Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    I almost feel like Avila got talked into this pick by the media instead of going with his head and Bart. One headline I saw was something to the affect of Avila would be an idiot to pass on Mize. Several other headlines inferred the same thing. Think Al was a bit shy about being called an idiot by not taking Mize? Like you, I surely hope this kid pans out.
    I noticed the names we drafted seemed to be popular or known names, it made me wonder if the choices were made based on notoriety or if it was just coincidence that the more known kids were the ones we had atop our board

Mize was regularly regarded as the top big in a not so great draft
    Meadows is the brother of a super prospect
    Clemens is the son of Roger

I actually had to look up to see if Adam Wolf was related to Randy because that would be a crazy amount of coincidences

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I noticed the names we drafted seemed to be popular or known names, it made me wonder if the choices were made based on notoriety or if it was just coincidence that the more known kids were the ones we had atop our board

Mize was regularly regarded as the top big in a not so great draft
    Meadows is the brother of a super prospect
    Clemens is the son of Roger

I actually had to look up to see if Adam Wolf was related to Randy because that would be a crazy amount of coincidences
    In the past the Tigers have also drafted Patrick Leyland (8th round) and Ben Verlander (14th round).

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    In the past the Tigers have also drafted Patrick Leyland (8th round) and Ben Verlander (14th round).
    how could you leave out Alex Avila!?!?

Avila sucks

important point: Casey Mize is not the son of pro golfer Larry Mize

The baseball draft is 40 rounds so teams usually waste picks on former players children and relatives. They also signed/drafted Zumaya's brother and Gibson's son.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I feel like looking into a single start is a bit of a stretch for your reasoning hoog....
    LK, if you follow my posts, it's been more than one game that I have problems with, in fact, it's a whole lotta games......against good teams.....that I have problems with Mize. This is from my post back on 5/18/18:

"So, Iím off the Casey Mize boat. I just went in and looked at his stats this year, which are nothing to sneeze at, but what a difference once he started hitting good teams. He started out with a 5-0 record and a 1.94 era but it was against the likes of Longwood College, Bryant University, BYU, and Northeastern College. He had a great first game when the competition got a little better against Texas A&M but after those first 5 games he is 4-3 with an earned run average over 4.00 so itís a huge difference. He is still getting his strike outs and still keeping his base on balls down but with the injury history and now this, I donít think I would take him with the first pick in the draft."

It's a pattern with Mize not one isolated incident. Again, I'm not holding it against him now that he's a Tiger. I just want improvement from here.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2018/6/...ows-alex-faedo

Brock Deatherage is the new fan favorite. lol

I think Faedo is the real deal

Mize has signed.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Mize has signed.
    I am glad. Also glad we took Clemens. Both Mize and Clemens under slot, should have an extra 700K or so to play with to finish the deal with Meadows. Not too bad of a draft at all IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dddtfan View Post
    I am glad. Also glad we took Clemens. Both Mize and Clemens under slot, should have an extra 700K or so to play with to finish the deal with Meadows. Not too bad of a draft at all IMO.
    Me too

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast