Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Turner is no longer a top 25 prospect according to Keith Law and with the draft today I am not sure if he's going to be top 50. Nick is listed at 18.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/story...t-baseball-mlb

It's a paywall article for ESPN Insider.
    How is he no longer a 25? And I highly doubt the draft kicks him out of the top 50 before the players can even get any play time in the minors.

vCash
    Draft prospects get thrown up in the top 100 all the time without even playing 1 inning of ball. I'm guessing he's not in the top 25 now due to:

1. Not fairing too well in spot starts last year
    2. Rushed way too quickly
    3. Shoulder injury in Spring Training
    4. Pitching poorly in AAA

His velocity was also down at the end of last season and in ST which most are hoping it was due to his injury.

vCash
    I was just looking through the stats from Toledo and Erie, just in case something else goes wrong, and a few things jumped out at me.

Andy Oliver(AAA)(SP)- 48 walks in 58 innings, giving him a WHIP of 1.59 on the season. I'm not sure he'll ever get the control figured out.

Thad Weber(AAA)(SP)- On the opposite end of the spectrum as Oliver, he has 9, *nine* walks in 52 innings. The numbers tell me he's a control freak, and also sports 53 K's and a sparkling 3.12 era. Probably see him again soon, if we need a *starter*.

Adam Wilk(AAA)(SP)- He is having a similar season to Weber, with a 3.40 era and only 10 walks in ~50 innings. Low strikeouts though, so he's probably behind Weber on the list.

Justin Henry(AAA)(OF/2B)- I've heard Ahoda mention him before. He's listed as an OF, but I believe you've said he plays 2B too, I think. He's hitting .309 with an OBP of over .400. Very limited power, but it looks like he's got some speed with 9 SB's as well. Not sure why he hasn't gotten a shot yet, unless they can't find room on the 40 man.

Rob Brantly(AA)(C)- If Avila or Laird are hurt enough for a stay on the DL, then we might just see Brantly make the jump from Erie up to Detroit. He's hitting .311, with only 16 K's in 177 AB's. He's slugging at .463 and has only made three errors.

Robbie Wienherdt(AA)(RP)- Decent numbers down in Erie, with a 2.67 ERA in ~30 innings, with only 13 walks, but only 18 K's. If things get bad in the pen, he might get a call.

Chris Bootcheck(AAA)(RP)- In 24 innings pitched, he has a 3.00 ERA. It appears as though he's been closing for Toledo, with 11 saves. Probably too many walks(15) and not enough K's(26), but he might also be an option if someone in the pen goes down.

And I'll end the list with the big boy...

Nick Castellanos(A)(3B)- What's not to like? a .400 average? A .555 slugging percentage? 1.015 OPS? The guy is killing it, no doubt about it, and I imagine could get a shot with the Tigers as soon as next spring, if he makes the jump to Erie at some point this summer.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss...higan_pla.html

Anyone know anything about that Suarez kid? Is he our SS of the future?

vCash
    Here is DSL team update. There are some very intriging prospects in that league we should get to see in a few years in the upper Tigers minor league system.

http://motorcitybengals.com/2012/06/...eague-preview/

vCash
    Remember Danry Vasquez?

Through 29 games at West Michigan he has a .440 OPS

Granted he's still only 18... but yikes

vCash
    Every team needs a Ryan Raburn.

vCash
    we should send him to the whitesox they could use his help. that would help us catch them
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    Tigers 2nd and 3rd round picks are close to signing with the club. I don't think either end up being highly ranked specs, but could make an impact in 3 or 4 years down the road as trade bait or role/bit players for a Tigers youth rebuild.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/a...s_det&c_id=det

vCash
    In 6 games at Toledo, Brantly is hitting over .400.

Nick is struggling in Erie hitting .250.

vCash
    Signing them to deals is pretty big.
    Both are highschoolers and both have scholarships to go play college ball. Glad it looks like both are going to sign.

And with as bad as our system really is....it's hard for them not to be at least decent prospects from the moment they enter the system.
    #teamboom4life

vCash
    I think they are decent specs, but not on the level of Nick or Turner are atm. They could develop into that, but I don't see it. More like Smyly, Oliver, or Crosby.

vCash
    I would take any of those, because Smyly has been great as the number five, and Oliver and Crosby are(or at least were) great trade chips.
    #teamboom4life

vCash
    Tigers have signed 15 draft picks.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/a...s_det&c_id=det

vCash

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast