Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theDutchDetroit View Post
    what about that 16 year old kid we signed this year?
    I assume you're talking about Nick Castellanos....

We haven't actually signed him yet, but we likely will in the next couple of weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan14 View Post
    Trade Em:
    Wilkin Ramirez(this guy hasent lived up to the hype and reportedly is lazy and loafs after balls and plays very nonchalant defense and gives up on at bats. He is bating around .200 with 15 homers. Will he ever break through?)

Scott Sizemore (The only thing difference between Sizemore, Worth, Nunez, Fields and some of the other tigers middle infield prospects is he is more hyped, he does not impress me at all)

Alfredo Figaro (Just has never impressed me at all.. Career AAA pitcher)

Cale Iorg (Dude completly fell of the map. I think coming into the 07 season he was one of our top specs and now doesnt cut the top 20. We probably couldnt get anything for him. Just sweetens a package deal.)

Cody Satterwhite (I heard this dude is just a complete train wreck, torn labrum? He could still become a good pitcher but if we could package him at any time for somone proven in the majors, go for it)

Jay Sborz (Guy has racked up the saves in AAA this year but is also 1-4 with an ERA over 4. Not a guy i want in the back end of my bullpen)

Jeff Larish (The good: He is an above average fielder. The bad: hes 27 and has a swing that looks ridiculous and I dont think it will work in the majors. Career AAA Hitter.)

Casey Fien (this guy just flat out blows, package him)

Well that sums it up. I know there are some other guys out there in our farm (Ciraco, Marte, Villareal, Mercedes, Ramon lebron,) But i wont speak on them as I am not real familiar with them.

Thoughts?
    Ramirez is gone...traded to the Braves,
    Larish is gone...claimed of waivers by the A's

Sizemore is the only on on this list with any value what-so-ever. He has struggled with injuries this season (his ankle to start this season & now his hip).

Satterwhite could be good, but with his injury he may or may not get his velocity back...he also has to learn to throw strikes with consistency.

vCash
    A couple other guys to watch from 2009 draft:

Wade Gaynor 3B (3rd round pick in 09)
    Austin Wood LHP (4th round pick in 09)

Wood suffered a shoulder injury at the beginning of the season, but has some potential.

Here is a good article from Lynn Henning...he updates it on a weekly basis.

Triple A Toledo

Who's hot ...

Casper Wells, OF: He's picked it up the past two weeks, batting .318 with four home runs, four doubles, and nine RBIs in his last 11 games.

Alfredo Figaro, RHP: Also settling in after a bumpy first half, Figaro in his last four starts is 3-0 with a 1.25 ERA and 22 strikeouts in 21 2/3 innings.

Max St. Pierre and Robinzon Diaz, C: A rare hot streak for a couple of farm-system catchers: St. Pierre is batting .407 in his last eight games; Diaz has hit safely in six of his last seven (.385).

... and who's not

Fu-Te Ni, LHP: Big setback season for Ni, who has been as bad at Toledo as during his waning days in Detroit: 8.71 ERA in his last 10 appearances.

Double A Erie

Who's hot

Deik Scram, OF: In his last 22 games, Scram is batting .375, with two homers, 11 doubles and 13 RBIs. Scram, 26, was an 18th-round pick in 2006. He's 6-2, 180, and a left-handed batter.

Jeff Kunkel, C: Something about late summer has stirred the Tigers' young catchers. In his last seven games Kunkel is hitting .423.

Zach Simons, RHP: As usual, Simons is gunning down almost everyone: 1.01 ERA in his last 28 games, with 44 strikeouts in 44 2/3 innings.

And who's not

Alden Carrithers, 2B: Been a tough transition for Carrithers since moving to Erie from Lakeland: .195 batting average.

Class A Lakeland

Who's hot

Bryan Holaday and John Murrian, C: The Tigers invested in catching the past two drafts and it's paying off: Holaday has hit safely in five of his last six games (.348); Murrian, in his last 22 games, is hitting .329, with two home runs, six doubles, and 10 RBIs.

Gustavo Nunez, SS: A sign of life, at last: Nunez in his last five games is batting .333.

Luke Putkonen, RHP: Getting healthy and getting better: 1-1 in his last five starts with a 2.79 ERA.

Jared Gayhart, RHP: Didn't fare well during a stint at Erie, but is at home at Lakeland: no runs in his last five appearances.

And who's not

Michael Torrealba, RHP: Rough debut for Torrealba following a promotion from Connecticut: 15.75 ERA in three appearances.

Class A West Michigan

Who's hot

Rob Brantly, C: This year's third-round draft pick has at least one hit in his last six games: .450, with three doubles and six RBIs.

And who's not

Luis Angel Sanz, RHP: Not a pretty past month for Sanz, since he was given a commendation following some fine outings at Connecticut: 1-3 with a 9.62 ERA in his last 10 games.

Class A Connecticut

Who's hot

P.J. Polk, OF: Polk, a 13th-round draft pick in June (Tennessee), is batting .354 in his last 18 games. He's a 5-foot-9 corner outfielder.

Julio Rodriguez, C: He turns 21 this week and was signed by the Tigers four years ago out of the Dominican Republic. Rodriguez, who is 6-2, 200, has gotten a hit in eight of his last nine games, good for a .379 average.

Ryan Enos, OF: He wasn't drafted in June but was signed to a free-agent contract out of Dallas Baptist University. In his last nine games, Enos is batting .382, with a home run, two triples, a double, and seven RBIs.

And who's not

Brett Anderson, SS: He was a 12th-round 2008 pick (Bristol Eastern School) who's had a rough go of it: .168 in his last 10 games.

Gulf Coast League (rookie)

Who's hot

Dixon Machado, SS: He's an 18-year-old who was signed two years ago out of San Cristobal, Venezuela, and he has been having a sweet adjustment to baseball in the United States in his first season here: He's hit safely in six of his last seven games, batting .370. Machado is 6-foot, 140 pounds, and bats right-handed.

Bruce Rondon, RHP: Continues to flourish in his first season, as well, in the U.S. Rondon, who is 6-2, 190, and another of the Tigers' 2007 Venezuelan signings, leads the GCL in saves with nine. He has not allowed a run in his last 10 games, striking out 12 batters in 9 2/3 innings.

Edwin Gomez, OF: Has started briskly, batting .316 in his last nine games. Gomez was the Tigers' fourth-round pick in June. He's 18 years old, 6-3, 175, and a switch-hitter.

And who's not

Antonio Cruz, LHP: It's the old story: When you're 18, you can afford your whippings, and Cruz, who was signed as a 17-year-old out of the Dominican Republic, has taken his share of lumps of late: 7.20 ERA in five games.
    From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100802/...#ixzz0vbZojrBW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klane079 View Post
    I assume you're talking about Nick Castellanos....

We haven't actually signed him yet, but we likely will in the next couple of weeks.
    I was thinking he meant Danry Vasquez.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=9328

vCash
    Yep Larish and Wilkin are gone.

You CANT tell me we could not have gotten SOMTHING for the pair.

Can anyone tell me more about casey crosby?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I was thinking he meant Danry Vasquez.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=9328
    Yes, Danry Vasquez is a 16 year old venezualian lefty who is supposed to be the next big thing from venezuala. Whats rediculous about him is he uses the whole field at 16. people say he could be bigger than cabrera! But thats hard to believe. He will start in the minor leagues next year when he turns 17 so he should be starting at like 20
    Last edited by sleepercell3; 08-04-2010 at 02:16 PM.

vCash
    Gustavo Nunez (The guy has hit at every level of baseball he has been at so far- .315 with 45 steals in the Midwest League, but the say he is as raw as they come. Im willing to take a chance with this guy and say we keep him)

HOLY **** 45 STEALS I SAY KEEP ANY1 THAT IS FAST LOL BUT JIMMY SHOULD START LETTING HIS GUYS STEAL WHEN THEY STOLE THEY DIDNT GET SO HE STOPS STEALING FOR NO REASON WTF..

vCash
    i agree. a jax could be a force on the basepaths because he is always on
    "Lion tastes good. Lets get more Lions"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klane079 View Post
    Ramirez is gone...traded to the Braves,
    Larish is gone...claimed of waivers by the A's

Sizemore is the only on on this list with any value what-so-ever. He has struggled with injuries this season (his ankle to start this season & now his hip).

Satterwhite could be good, but with his injury he may or may not get his velocity back...he also has to learn to throw strikes with consistency.
    I agree and disagree.

I agree he has value. But so do the other specs on there. To say no one else has any value "what-so-ever" is not right.

Yes sizemore has value, which is why we should/should have traded him. Id take worth/rhymes over him all day long.

sizemore looks like another AAA hitter to me with flashes of potential in the Majors.

Basically he is a rich mans Larish.
    Last edited by PistonsFan14; 08-04-2010 at 07:29 PM.

vCash
    So back to the Vasquez kid, is he gonna be our starting rightfielder in a few years? And also, any word on castellanos or Ruffin? And finally, is this gaynor guy for real?

^ HELLO HEISMAN!!!

vCash
    I see we picked up Brandon Jones from the Pirates today. Never heard of him but he'll be in AA Erie so throw him in the mix.

vCash
    Yep Larish and Wilkin are gone.

You CANT tell me we could not have gotten SOMTHING for the pair.

Can anyone tell me more about casey crosby?
    Wilkin we traded for PTBNL or cash....so we will get minimal return on him, hopefully a change of scenery will be good for him.

Sorry Larish had no value...which is why we got nothing for him

Crosby was having swelling in his elbow...wasn't bad enough for surgery which is a good thing.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=det

vCash
    I agree and disagree.

I agree he has value. But so do the other specs on there. To say no one else has any value "what-so-ever" is not right.

Yes sizemore has value, which is why we should/should have traded him. Id take worth/rhymes over him all day long.

sizemore looks like another AAA hitter to me with flashes of potential in the Majors.

Basically he is a rich mans Larish.
    We already know Wilkin got us minimal return
    Larish was worthless,
    Fien has cleared waivers about 4 times now...has been dumped by 3 teams in the last year.
    Figaro has struggled in the majors...if he had any potential as a major leaguer he'd be in Detroit now.
    Iorg is a Major league SS but can't hit his weight in the minors
    Satterwhite will be lucky to get back to where he was

Like I said Sizemore is the only on on that list of "trade em" that is worth anything...like it or not

vCash
    Gustavo Nunez!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcanadian409 View Post
    So back to the Vasquez kid, is he gonna be our starting rightfielder in a few years? And also, any word on castellanos or Ruffin? And finally, is this gaynor guy for real?
    He will be our SUPER STAR right fielder in a couple of years. We got so lucky to nab him hes the prize in the venezualian market. The yankees were so mad that we got him XD

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast