Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Detroit Tigers Official Minor League/Prospect Thread

*Updated* 8-28-10

Im not sure if we had one of these but if we did im sure its dated and with all the stuff going on lately we could use a fresh thread.

So in here lets talk about our prospects and the farm teams.

Lets not make this a trade thread either.. Just basically state whether a guy is worth holding on to. Or should we trade him for what we can get. Also state why.

Keep:

Nick Castellanos (Plays SS and 3B. Most likely 3B for us. Sweet stroke with no visable flaws and pop. Won the college home run derby. Above average defense with range and strong arm. Was rumored to be a top 10 pick but his demand for money dropped him off. A la Rick Porcello. Drafted by Detroit in the 2nd round. Highest payed 2nd round pick of all time. Kid has a bright future if he stays healthy and I believe the sky id the limit)

Jacob Turner (Obvious reasons)

Danny Worth (guy has impressed me so far above average D. Projected to have an average bat. Plays 2B SS and 3B) -Is out for the year with Heal bruise. See how he does next year. My guess is a lot will ride on the Peralta/Inge situation.

Andy Oliver (Not to many lefties out there that can throw heat. Good spec)

Daniel Schlereth (Lefty Reliever, if he gets his command down he will be an elite bullpen guy for years to come)

Gustavo Nunez (The guy has hit at every level of baseball he has been at so far- .315 with 45 steals in the Midwest League, but the say he is as raw as they come. Im willing to take a chance with this guy and say we keep him)

Will Rhymes (have heard nothing but good about him. Especially his defense. We will see how he does in the majors)-Really like him so far. I think he has the potential to be an every day player for us at 2B if not a utility player.)

Boarderline:

Ryan Streiby(Love the power bat, But the question is can he really handle left field? Other wise he has little value to Detroit at first base.)

Brent Dlugach (He is 27 like larish but has more "upside" if you compare the both of them. Has 6 homers and 10 steals in AAA while batting .267)

Casey Crosby (After having Tommy John surgery and coming back this year his elbow inflated and the tigers shut him down for the rest of the 2010 season as advised by imfamous athlete surgeon Dr. James Andrews. He was out top pitching prospect coming into the year)

Daniel Fields (Very raw but could pan out really nicely. Has Detroit ties. Ill be honest i dont know as much about him as the others.)

Robbie Weindhart (He has not impressed me in the majors but I have not given up hope on him yet.)

Casper Wells (We have depth in the OF when it comes to our farm. Wells had a fantastic spring training and has power. Also a good glove, the only reason he falls in boarderline is because like I said we have depth and 2/3 of our Major League OF looks to be set for years to come.

Wade Gaynor (Third baseman of the future? It is to early to tell but if he continues to develop all signs point to yes. IF is obviously always the big question. But at West Michigan he is batting .280 with 8 homers and i have heard he has good footwork for a guy who is 6'3-225)

Trade Em:

Scott Sizemore (The only thing difference between Sizemore, Worth, Nunez, Fields and some of the other tigers middle infield prospects is he is more hyped, he does not impress me at all)

Alfredo Figaro (Just has never impressed me at all.. Career AAA pitcher)-Continues to not impress. He gets a spot start today. We'll see how he does

Cale Iorg (Dude completly fell of the map. I think coming into the 07 season he was one of our top specs and now doesnt cut the top 20. We probably couldnt get anything for him. Just sweetens a package deal.)- Has rebounded as of late but still doesnt have "it".

Cody Satterwhite (I heard this guy is just a complete train wreck, torn labrum? He could still become a good pitcher but if we could package him at any time for somone proven in the majors, go for it)

Jay Sborz (Guy has racked up the saves in AAA this year but is also 1-4 with an ERA over 4. Not a guy i want in the back end of my bullpen)

Well that sums it up. I know there are some other guys out there in our farm (Ciraco, Marte, Villareal, Mercedes, Ramon lebron) But i wont speak on them as I am not real familiar with them.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by PistonsFan14; 05-12-2011 at 08:40 AM.

vCash
    i cant believe ramirez is hitting .200 in the minors.. i thought he was the next big thing. i am more of a believer in trading young prospects for proven guys.. look at the miguel cabrera trade. we gave up maybin and miller who were big time prospects and they havent proven jack!

vCash
    Yep! Thats why i made this. To open peoples eyes to see what we got going on down there because i dont think everyone realizes what we have and what we lack.

I think Turner is the only untouchable.

vCash
    Why is Turner untouchable? He PROJECTS to be a number 1, but he won't be that for at least 5 years (even a stretch at 24 years old). He would bring the most value in a trade. If we want to win next year, we will have to make him available this offseason or at next year's deadline to fill one or more of our many holes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wings19 View Post
    Why is Turner untouchable? He PROJECTS to be a number 1, but he won't be that for at least 5 years (even a stretch at 24 years old). He would bring the most value in a trade. If we want to win next year, we will have to make him available this offseason or at next year's deadline to fill one or more of our many holes.
    Theres no doubt in my mind we could bring in a type A free agent this off season and i believe we will.

We dont need to trade Turner. We have other guys that could bring in good role players which is all we really need around Cabrera, Boesch and Jackson from an offensive stand point.

Despite being injured this year look at Jair Jurrjens.. he wasnt our top prospect even and imagine if he was in the tigers rotation. We have him up for renteria.

But prospects are gambles.. we all know. What im saying is Turner is worth it i have a gut feeling.

vCash
    i agree with most. only problem is i like robbie more the enrique. i think those two should trade places and keep the same reasoning behind why you placed them there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theDutchDetroit View Post
    i agree with most. only problem is i like robbie more the enrique. i think those two should trade places and keep the same reasoning behind why you placed them there
    Yeah as i said it was tough for me. But good call

vCash
    Anyone have any scoop on anyone else? Or imput on what we got going on?

vCash
    what about that 16 year old kid we signed this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theDutchDetroit View Post
    what about that 16 year old kid we signed this year?
    I assume you're talking about Nick Castellanos....

We haven't actually signed him yet, but we likely will in the next couple of weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klane079 View Post
    I assume you're talking about Nick Castellanos....

We haven't actually signed him yet, but we likely will in the next couple of weeks.
    I was thinking he meant Danry Vasquez.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=9328

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I was thinking he meant Danry Vasquez.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=9328
    Yes, Danry Vasquez is a 16 year old venezualian lefty who is supposed to be the next big thing from venezuala. Whats rediculous about him is he uses the whole field at 16. people say he could be bigger than cabrera! But thats hard to believe. He will start in the minor leagues next year when he turns 17 so he should be starting at like 20
    Last edited by sleepercell3; 08-04-2010 at 02:16 PM.

vCash
    Forgot te name of the kid. But he's rated as one of the top outfielders in the young international game. at 6ft he still has growing to do. Has a dynamite Arm and is a very powerful hitter. Look for him in the future.

^ HELLO HEISMAN!!!

vCash
    thats what i heard. sound like a foreign kaline story. signs a deal at 16 and hopefully plays 22 years in a tigers uniform

vCash
    That could be huge but i wont get my hopes up.

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast