Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014-2015 Offseason Thread

Yes I know the season hasn't even been over for 10 hours, but its technically the offseason!!

vCash
    Plenty of relievers will be available to get. That shouldn't be a problem. I can see them bringing back Soria because he won't be as bad as he was from August on again next year. As for the lineup...

C: Russell Martin? (with Avila's 3rd concussion, he may retire, and they will have to replace him)
    1B: Miggy
    2B: Kinsler
    SS: Iglesias
    3B: Castellanos
    LF: JD
    CF: Davis
    RF: Rios/Markakis/Cuddyer
    DH: V-Mart (please)

Just my ideas. Help for the bench could be Cuddyer, Grady Sizemore, Aramis Ramirez

If they did pick up a starter for that 5th spot, it could be Masterson (value down after his STL stint), Brandon McCarthy, Brett Anderson, or Dan Haren

vCash
    I hate that as a Detroit sports fan the off-season is better than the actual season.

vCash
    My offseason wish list:

1. sign 2 RPs and pickup Soria's option
    2. Trade Kinsler for CF or prospects
    3. Tender V-Mart and Max contracts and do not attempt to resign
    4. Devon Travis is starter at 2B
    5. Give Price long term deal
    6. Transition Nick C to 1B and Miggyto DH
    7. Sign Jed Lowrie or JJ Hardy to play SS and move Iglesias to 3B
    8. Sign Justin Masterson to 1 yr deal
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Why trade Kinsler?? I know he makes a ton of money, but good luck finding another 2B who could hit 0.275 with 15+ HRs and 90+ RBI. Too much value in that glove and bat IMO. They cant be downgrading the O even more. But I agree with 1, 5 and 8. Half of 3 as I believe they should resign V-Mart. As for Iglesias at 3B, he helps out the middle infield way too much at SS to move him away. I'd rather sign a 3B than have Lowry or Hardy at SS.

vCash
    Trade Kinsler now because he's expensive, value wont' be any higher then it is now, and we have a capable MIF in Travis ready to step in and play. As you stated, it's tough finding that production from a 2B so we can replensih our system or geta capable CF in return. He's not a very good lead off hitter in my opinion and we have a big void at the 1 and 2 spot.

EDIT: Not much out there for 3B except for Headley (will be really overpaid) and Rameriez (old and declining with injury concerns). Iglesias was a stud at 3B defensively.
    Last edited by ahoda; 10-06-2014 at 10:56 AM.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    The Panda will be a FA. Lowrie is always hurt. We need a power bat at third not a light hitting guy like Iglesias . his value is at shortstop. I agree with moving Kinsler. I would love to extend Price but I see him walking for a big market team. West coast. Said it in another thread . Victor Martinez is looking for a 3 4 year deal. Qualifying offer both him and Scherzer and let them walk. Check the FA list for the 2015 season. Weak , weak and weaker. Look for a younger player that just hasn't hit his stride yet. We found JD Martinez.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    My offseason wish list:

1. sign 2 RPs and pickup Soria's option
    2. Trade Kinsler for CF or prospects
    3. Tender V-Mart and Max contracts and do not attempt to resign
    4. Devon Travis is starter at 2B
    5. Give Price long term deal
    6. Transition Nick C to 1B and Miggyto DH
    7. Sign Jed Lowrie or JJ Hardy to play SS and move Iglesias to 3B
    8. Sign Justin Masterson to 1 yr deal
    I really like this. but 2 and 3a are not happening. We aren't going to trade Kins and Vmart will be resigned. This causes a domino effect. Miggy will keep playing first(and I can see this happening for the next 4 or so years) and Nick C will play 3rd for one more year. Then he will be a RF or LF. Most likely LF. With Iggy back we will have 2 capable shortstops. Iggy is clearly the guy we want though. His defense more than makes up for his subpar offense.

Our outfield is going to be a MAJOR problem next year. You need an outfield that can play defense....ours can't right now.

Rushing: 84 Carries, 274Yards, 2 TD
    Receiving: 13 Catch, 115 Yards, 0 TD
    Fumbles: 2....

No fumbles in 3 weeks! Wooo!

2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

vCash
    You guys are CRAZY if you think the Tigers are going to let vmart walk. I'm sure he'll get 4 more years. My wish list is sign Andrew Miller, Luke Gregerson and keep Soria and maybe Joba for real cheap. Of course no brainer keep vmart. Sign either Ervin Santana or Justin Masterson. Re sign tori for 1 more year and sign Russell Martin cause Alvia is beat up.

vCash
    My wish list is what I want them to do, not what I think they will do.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Bullpen, bullpen, bullpen, and more bullpen. That is a must fix before anything else. After that get that bench stronger. We have maybe one last run at this so might as well go for it all and this time actually fill in each hole. No more depending on the crap you have in the minors to carry the entire bench.

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    My wish list is what I want them to do, not what I think they will do.
    totally understood. I just don't think 2 and 3a are likely at all.

Rushing: 84 Carries, 274Yards, 2 TD
    Receiving: 13 Catch, 115 Yards, 0 TD
    Fumbles: 2....

No fumbles in 3 weeks! Wooo!

2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

vCash
    The more I think about it, Kinsler really could be gone. I like the idea of giving Travis a shot. One requirement of the deal would be to make sure that the other team takes on almost his entire contract. It would be a $$ clearing move, and I'm sure Boston would do that for one of their CFs. They won't have problem spending money this offseason. And to Jack, I like the idea of the Panda signing. He could be a huge bat in the 6 hole. Miggy - Martinez - Martinez - Panda would be murders row

vCash
    Honestly, i'm probably alone on this front, but i think the tigs should trade Nicky C. He's a good bat and has potential to be a great one, but his fielding by sabermetric standards was WORSE than miggy's at 3B. I Think this team has to go look at the remaining teams in the playoffs an see what they're winning with, and even the last few WS winners. Strong BP, and above average defense, and we have neither, and in fact have arguably the worst of each category.

I think due to Nick's potential/age he could be traded for a legit 3B and reliever. There's been rumors that A's may move Josh Donaldson, why not try to swing a package deal for him? That's just one option and I do nnot expect us to get him by any means but i just don't like Nick's defnse, and the fact that we're probably gonna roll out JD in left, rajai in either right or center plus Nick at 3B still terrifies me even with Iglesias possibly back at SS and somebody replacing the DH torii hunter (i say DH because he was so awful in right).

I believe Andrew Miller, the guy who raped us out of the pen for the O's, and the guy we almost acquired at the deadline, is a FA, definitely need to go after him, need someone who can get lefties out and it just so happens he can get out lefties AND righties, groundbreaking I know.

Also, David Robertson, make him your closer, had a down year, but he in his prime in terms of baseball age, and i doubt he's in danger of imploding Nathan style. People are believing yanks will let robertson go and make betances their new closer, if so david robertson better be in uniform.

Opt into Soria contract, he's relatively cheap and he's been good for the most part of his career, I agreed with letting veras go last year because he wasn't that great to begin with, Soria on the otherhand can be pretty close to dominant.

If you can keep Joba for super cheap, keep him, but not as a high leverage guy anymore, i think joba got tired out tbh, supposed to be his first true healthy year and he was used quite a bit for us, and he looked downright dominant 1st half, i think he kinda just tailed off w/fatigue

Sign markakis or Rios, either one to play RF, i like rios more because his bat, but i wouldn't be mad either way.

Also, here is just a belief, I think they need to seriously consider acquiring some catcher talent. We saw what happened with mauer and his concussion issues, he's at 1B for the rest of his career, avila isn't going to be moving anywhere for us, so i think he needs to be regulated to backup duty or else his career may be over. I think his contract's up so who knows if we even bring him back but his dad is still around so i consider it a guarantee (i was hoping his dad would take the SD GM job...)

I'm not saying go sign russel martin even though i'd love that (and i'd kind of want to expect it if we lost either scherzer or victor, or even both) but we need at least a decent game calling pitch framing catcher. David Ross started for the red sox in the WS so we don't exactly need buster posey here.

And lastly, I think we should offer max, lester, and shields all a deal, not precisely the same contract terms, but since scherzer may leave and might get more money than the other 2, i think we should at least try to see if we can get lester or shields for cheaper than scherzer.

If we don't keep scherzer or sign another stud we need to go take a 1 or 2 year flier type contract on some guy, we know for a fact that sanchez will get hurt next year, he takes at least one 15 day DL stint every season and this year he had 2 injuries, so we need some depth. I think lobstein could fill in at 5th starter if need be, but we need somebody to replace sanchez in case, i'd rather we have a legit 5th starter and have lobstein be ready at triple A in case of any injury. Ervin santana could be a guy like that perhaps, i always liked him as a late rotation guy.

There isn't any real CFers in FA, so we'd probably roll with rajai and dirks in CF i'd suppose, rajai wasn't all that bad in CF for us, at least not nearly as bad as i anticipated, if we had to roll with rajia in CF i wouldn't feel too bad about it, his speed is useful in comerica.

just some of my thoughts, hope DD changes his teambuilding scheme, we seemed to be in the middle of transition last offseason attempting to change to more speed and defense, but when iglesias went down and dirks went down we lost arguably our best 2 defensive players on the team, plus miggy being hurt didn't help there either, avila missing time and so on.

I think DD continues to tweak the team, i think we get more speed, we tried to run more this year but rajai was truly our only real threat, a guy like rios at top of lineup can steal, iglesias has ok speed, nothing spectacular tho.

Gonna be an interesting offseason just like last, i hope it all works out.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast