Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Tigers acquire Anthony Gose

Detroit Lions (10-4)
    AAL - Teryl Austin (Defensive Coordinator)

-----
    Detroit Pistons (5-19)
    #MaxMooseMonroe

vCash
    lol Ahoda is taking a beating this year

vCash
    Well there goes our recently declared #1 prospect

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Well there goes our recently declared #1 prospect
    Hey it's worth it to get Carrera out of CF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Hey it's worth it to get Carrera out of CF
    I support that plan.

So are he and Davis going to split time in center? If so do we bring Torii Hunter back to play the other spot or someone else? Or are we really considering rolling with Davis, Gose, and JD in the outfield?

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    I find it funny they just named him the #1 prospect in the Tigers system. Oh well. Haven't heard a lot about Gose. But if the Tigers sign Melky, 3 of their 4 OFs will have come from Toronto

vCash
    But just looking at numbers now, don't like this trade. Get a guy who hit below .230. Basically they are saying Davis will be the starter 3/4 games, and Gose will play the other. Hope DD has more up his sleeve...

Struck out 74 times in 274 ABs last year. Good. A K a game.

Edit again. Lynn Henning tweeted that DD said if all goes well, Gose will be starting CF. Clearly he is here for his defence. NEED ANOTHER BAT DD.
    Last edited by Alfonso_Smith; 11-13-2014 at 12:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    I find it funny they just named him the #1 prospect in the Tigers system. Oh well. Haven't heard a lot about Gose. But if the Tigers sign Melky, 3 of their 4 OFs will have come from Toronto
    I call foul

DD probably convinced them to list Traivs #1 so we could pawn him off on the BJs lol

vCash
    But just looking at numbers now, don't like this trade. Get a guy who hit below .230. Basically they are saying Davis will be the starter 3/4 games, and Gose will play the other. Hope DD has more up his sleeve...

Struck out 74 times in 274 ABs last year. Good. A K a game.

Edit again. Lynn Henning tweeted that DD said if all goes well, Gose will be starting CF. Clearly he is here for his defence. NEED ANOTHER BAT DD.
    Just noticed another RT pointing out he had a better OBP than Kinsler... if that means anything

vCash
    Just noticed another RT pointing out he had a better OBP than Kinsler... if that means anything
    It was .311 I believe. So comparing him to other players last year, he tied with Alex Rios and Adam Jones. But considering V-Mart, Miggy, JD, Jackson, Kelly, Avila, Davis, Hunter, and Suarez all had higher OBP than Gose last year, it is kinda a moot point. Kelly had a higher one lol. And he's gone.

vCash
    It was .311 I believe. So comparing him to other players last year, he tied with Alex Rios and Adam Jones. But considering V-Mart, Miggy, JD, Jackson, Kelly, Avila, Davis, Hunter, and Suarez all had higher OBP than Gose last year, it is kinda a moot point. Kelly had a higher one lol. And he's gone.
    lol I still think Donny Boy will somehow find his way back, but I'm a pessimist

Gotta figure his numbers will go up at least a little surrounded by our studly men! But still, if his defense is as good as advertised he could be DDs version of acquiring Iglesias, which means he'll miss all of next year

vCash
    Gose is a good player. Excellent fielder and runner. Was one of my favourite prospects and players. I enjoy watching fast players with good defensive skills.

I never like that the Jays never gave Gose a legitimate shot - then finally he would have got it this year with Rasmus likely gone but we trade him. Hopefully the Jays have something up their sleeve for LF and CF because as of now i think we have Mayberry in LF and Pompey in CF, ugh.

If Gose could be a slightly below average hitter then he will be worth it as a starter in CF. His defense and base running is that good. I find that when he got a chance to bat consistently in the lineup the Jays often asked him to bunt and you cant get into a rhythm by bunting all the time. He had a good start to his season last year, hit for average, had good OBP. and even walked at a better rate than before. I thought he was turning the corner last season and he could be a starter next season... Could be an interesting player for you guys.

Whats the scoop on Travis?

vCash
    Jesus ****ing christ. mother ****ing **** **** balls.

Goose blows and Travis is going to be a good MLB player and should have been our starting 2B this coming season or the following one. This move pisses me off like no other.

Tigers obviously aren't going after the Cuban now, or Melky, or another OF with Rajai in LF and JD in right. OF defense is piss poor again and teams will take 2B with ease.

I don't think they are even trying to make a complete team anymore. **** this ****. I'm ****ing pissed.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Davis won't be an everyday player. They are gonna sign/trade for a bat for the OF. They have to. The V-Mart contract showed that they are still all in, so something else is going to happen. If the don't, the V-Mart contract will make no sense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Jesus ****ing christ. mother ****ing **** **** balls.

Goose blows and Travis is going to be a good MLB player and should have been our starting 2B this coming season or the following one. This move pisses me off like no other.

Tigers obviously aren't going after the Cuban now, or Melky, or another OF with Rajai in LF and JD in right. OF defense is piss poor again and teams will take 2B with ease.

I don't think they are even trying to make a complete team anymore. **** this ****. I'm ****ing pissed.
    so...

I think ahoda is kinda angry.

Not gonna lie, I don't quite get this move either.

Rushing: 197 Carries, 726 Yards, 6 TD
    Receiving: 32 Catch, 309 Yards, 1 TD
    Fumbles: 3....

Number of weeks without a fumble: 3!

2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast