Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    United do work a lot harder than other big clubs to bring through British talent, but I don't think anyone would get playing time there just because they are English.

As far as Welbeck vs. Chicharito, I think right now Chich is better but he's also five years older which plays a part. Over the course of their careers I think they'll both have some prolific seasons but I don't think one will ever prove to be head and shoulders above the other. They're both great.
    uuhhh hernandez is 2 years older than welbeck not five
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cg_la00 View Post
    uuhhh hernandez is 2 years older than welbeck not five
    He's actually three years older. Hernandez is 24, Welbeck is 21. I thought Welbeck was only 19 for some reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    He's actually three years older. Hernandez is 24, Welbeck is 21. I thought Welbeck was only 19 for some reason.
    hernandez was born in 88, welbeck was born in 90....2 years man

vCash
    lol forget the age difference guys. Theyre both fantastic young players who under SAF will continue their career development. I am intrigued to see if SAF partners Welbeck again with Rooney or Chicharito gets back more into the starting XI.

vCash
    ive been wondering...are they going to change the formation in order to have kagawa in a CAM position and have rooney as a lone striker? like a 4-2-3-1 formation or something

vCash
    ive been wondering...are they going to change the formation in order to have kagawa in a CAM position and have rooney as a lone striker? like a 4-2-3-1 formation or something
    When we signed Kagawa, I read an article that Fergie promised him that he would play the CAM. I think we should play 4-2-3-1.

vCash
    that would mean less playing time for welbeck and chich right? unless they sub out kagawa during the game and move rooney down to CAM and put welbeck/chich at striker

vCash
    Yeah exactly its interesting to see how SAF would handle that because Rooney is actually better in the CAM role than as a lone striker which makes me think were still going to use the traditional 4-4-2

vCash
    Rooney never gets subbed out so Kagawa will probably get subbed as you said and then Welbeck or Chich comes in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Utd7 View Post
    Yeah exactly its interesting to see how SAF would handle that because Rooney is actually better in the CAM role than as a lone striker which makes me think were still going to use the traditional 4-4-2
    hhaahahaha idk y this made me laugh but yea kagawa will probably play a CF role then, like what rooney was doing last season

vCash
    lol I know man I don't want to play 4-4-2 anymore but SAF loves using it in EPL games

vCash
    we should play a 4-2-4 hahahahahaha!!!

vCash
    Man U doesn't have the holding mids to play a 4-2-3-1. It also wastes Rooney, since he's the ideal false nine in a 4-4-2.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    I've read that Kagawa will play mostly behind a striker. So I don't think he and Rooney will be on the pitch together very often.

I can't see Fergie changing the formation much either. For the most parts, formations are all just variations on a 4-4-2 anyway. When United are attacking, the wingers are always the ones pushing them forward and it turns into a 4-2-3-1 by itself. There's always at least one midfielder staying further back (usually Carrick, and Scholes spends a lot of time sitting back and playing long passes too).

When they're defending Rooney drops back more and it's almost a 4-5-1. It all comes from a basic 4-4-2. No need to try and be fancy with it

vCash
    Per Mancini

"Van Persie? No, I don't think he will come here."
    Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has said he does not expect Arsenal captain Robin van Persie to join the Premier League champions.

Van Persie, whose current contract expires next summer, revealed in July he would not be signing a new deal at the Emirates Stadium.

City, Manchester United and Juventus have failed with offers for the Netherlands striker, 29.

Mancini said: "Van Persie? No, I don't think he will come here."
    The Dutch international is in the Arsenal squad that travels to Germany for the club's pre-season training camp this week.

However, it remains to be seen if he will be involved in the friendly match against Cologne on Sunday.

Arsenal will sell Van Persie if they receive the right offer, rather than risk losing their captain for nothing next summer.

Although City appear to have given up, Manchester United and Juventus continue to pursue the player but have not increased their opening bids.

Privately, Van Persie is understood to have expressed a preference for the prestige and tradition of United and Juventus.

He won both the Professional Footballers' Association and Football Writers' Association player of the year prizes in recognition of his 36-goal contribution for Arsenal last season.

Arsenal expect to complete a deal for Santi Cazorla this week, after the move was held up by financial complications at the selling club Malaga.

Last month Mancini, who is yet to make a single addition to his squad this summer, warned that City need new signings to boost their Premier League title defence.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19146466

Potential good news...but we'll see
    Averymustgo...must go

Page 61 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast